free hit
counters
Roger Moore signing - Esprit Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

Roger Moore signing

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just thought I'd mention this in case anyone was interested. Bondstars.com is holding an autograph signing event with Roger Moore, it includes some nice shots with the copper Esprit (see below) T

Never mind. I'm not entirely sure where I want him to sign the car, probably inside the glovebox, I wouldn't want anyone scribbling somewhere prominent! Perhaps Roger Becker's signature would be more

When I click the link I get an affinity marketing company..? 

Posted Images

Thanks Martin, do you think he would sign my car?! Great heads up. I've never met Rog but have been a lifelong fan. I'd love to go to this. 

3 hours ago, Bazza 907 said:

When I click the link I get an affinity marketing company..? 

Yikes, I have no idea why that happened... I just copied and pasted the link from the website's address bar...

Seems to be working for me now though?

3 hours ago, The Pits said:

Thanks Martin, do you think he would sign my car?! Great heads up. I've never met Rog but have been a lifelong fan. I'd love to go to this. 

Hi Jonny, not with that website unfortunately, you place the order online and they get posted out to you.

He is going on tour though, I'm going to see him in Belfast in a few weeks. There were Meet and Greet tickets available but apparently he doesn't sign personal items... I was hoping to take my Autoart S1 with me!

See here, he might be coming to a place close to you:

http://www.aneveningwithsirrogermoore.com/

4 hours ago, The Pits said:

Thanks Martin, do you think he would sign my car?!

I went to see him when he was promoting his book a couple of years ago when he was in Southampton. As it happens, an old friend is his promoter at the publishing house and goes on tour with him. If he's got a book on the go, I can ask her if he's willing, but he's not a Lotus or Esprit fan from his time in Sardinia. 

• Like 1

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

15 minutes ago, Bibs said:

but he's not a Lotus or Esprit fan from his time in Sardinia. 

Yikes, really?? Just a dislike of the car or bad experience filming?

I contacted the tour promoters a while back asking if he would be willing to sign maybe one small item, but apparently he was so badly hounded in the past by professional autograph hunters (who just stuck it on ebay) that he gave up on it completely. Understandable, I suppose!

He seems a thoroughly decent bloke though, I wouldn't mind meeting him some day.

Edited by MML
  • Like 1

The Esprit would sit idling for extended periods so whenever he went to drive it off, it would stall or otherwise be hard work and then he was offered to buy one by Lotus for something silly like 5% off! 

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Never mind. I'm not entirely sure where I want him to sign the car, probably inside the glovebox, I wouldn't want anyone scribbling somewhere prominent! Perhaps Roger Becker's signature would be more relevant anyway and no doubt easier to arrange.

It would look cool to have both Rogers autographs on an Esprit though!

• Like 2

I attended an evening with Roger Moore with front row VIP seating as a corporate promotion. As Bibs says he is a great guy and very amusing, the guy doing the interview really masterminded the questions to jog Rogers memory. He is very much a ladies man and certainly enjoyed his life and conquests along the way!

I asked about Esprit's and just got awful cars but now the Volvo from the saint was just lovely...

Worth going and grabbing the chance as he is not getting any younger and will always be my favourite Mr Bond ?

Dave :) 

Do or do not, there is no try! 

7 hours ago, MML said:

Yikes, I have no idea why that happened... I just copied and pasted the link from the website's address bar...

Seems to be working for me now though?

Got it now thanks.

I remember that he used to sit outside a pub in Bray near where he used to live (Ronnie Peterson lived in Bray too).

10 hours ago, MML said:

I contacted the tour promoters a while back asking if he would be willing to sign maybe one small item, but apparently he was so badly hounded in the past by professional autograph hunters (who just stuck it on ebay) that he gave up on it completely. Understandable, I suppose!

I wonder how the guy with the ex-Persuaders Aston DBS "persuaded" him and Tony Curtis to sign his car?

Probably added £100k to the hammer price as it was inevitably sold afterwards.

The FYEO Esprit pics are a firm fave but this one is a contender for an autograph too, hmmm.

tswlm18.jpg

In the garage no-one can hear you scream 

38 minutes ago, Loose Cannon said:

I wonder how the guy with the ex-Persuaders Aston DBS "persuaded" him and Tony Curtis to sign his car?

Probably added £100k to the hammer price as it was inevitably sold afterwards.

The FYEO Esprit pics are a firm fave but this one is a contender for an autograph too, hmmm.

tswlm18.jpg

Yeah, that is a great shot. If I had an actual Esprit I'd definitely go for a pic featuring the car. As it stands I have the 8x10" prints for Live and Let Die, Spy Who Loved Me, Man with the Golden Gun and View to a Kill - I intend to get matching frames and hang them all up.

Getting the Autoart S1 signed at one of his shows would be a dream come true, but sadly it's extremely unlikely.

That's the picture I ordered. Great shot and one of my favourite bond girls too. Whereas the later bond movies just seem to show some drugdealer or an internet criminal... Nah, FYEO was the day! Watching that movie at that time, was so extreme ;) Moonraker too.

Kind regards,

Jacques.

Nobody does it better - than Lotus ;)

• 1 month later...

I wouldn't worry about it, I've ordered on a few occasions and they've never failed to deliver. I'm waiting for a print myself this time round too. I have to admit it's kinda cool getting an envelope with the Pinewood Studios stamp on it!

On a related note I saw him on tour a couple of weeks ago and got this from a mate who did the Meet & Greet!

WhatsApp Image 2016-11-19 at 3.48.17 PM.jpg

I was disappointed when I visited the Bond Collection at Beaulieu Motor Museum a few years back. The day my wife and I went to see the Bond collection it was off limits as a film company was making a Bond documentary with Roger Moore in attendance. The collection finally opened at around 4 pm, so had about 2 hours till closing time to view it all. Was just gutted Roger couldn't come out and do some signings considering the exhibition was off limits because of the filming, would have been nice and made the day so much better.