free hit
counters
S3 turbo Duratec conversion - Page 4 - Esprit 'Project & Restoration' Room - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
stevetsl

S3 turbo Duratec conversion

On 29/03/2020 at 13:04, RawV6 said:

I'll have a look through the previous owner's paperswork to see if it's there. He did all the hard work!

Just wondering how it went?

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

About the AJ V6 to original (Citroen) gearbox adapter plate; I could not find anything in the paperwork I recieved from Steve (previous owner). However Steve did email me the follwing usefull info and three documents linked:

"Here an adaptor plate drawing I used as a basis for the start of my design (linked below), this one should not be used as there are some hole positions which are not correct but the overall sizes are ok, and a picture of the Jaguar torque convertor adaptor.

The flywheel ring gear was taken from The Jaguar torque convertor adaptor and tack welded to the new flywheel.

The clutch assembly is the original Lotus."

Hope that helps!

In other news, the car passed it's MOT last week. 🙂

I'm chuffed to bits, and of cause the project's not finished. My MOT guy is very friendly and there are still a few things to sort out including only one HL pod operating. Also some non MOT stuff I still need fixing such as the rev counter and electric windows.

And then threre are the two problems I picked up on the way home from the MOT: The baby pheasent (or similar) I hit which cracked the front bumper around the number plate and on ariving home I couldn't find reverse to put it back in the garage. But I guess that's all part of the Lotus experiance?

Can't wait for the chance to get out, drive it and get to some meets. I'm quite close to caffeine and Machine (near Stratford-Upon-Avon) might bump into some of you there? Also I have a couple of friends further up North with Elises so maybe I'll pop up at some Derbishire or North Youk Moors drives

Attached pic is from when I checked and adjusted the toe.

IMG_0907.jpg

• Like 2

6 hours ago, RawV6 said:

In other news, the car passed it's MOT last week. 🙂

I'm chuffed to bits, and of cause the project's not finished. My MOT guy is very friendly and there are still a few things to sort out including only one HL pod operating.

He must be a very friendly MOT guy to pass the car with only one headlamp operating. 😀

Cheers,

John W

http://jonwatkins.co.uk