free hit
counters
TLF International Lotus Day 2017 - TLF International Lotus Day | MBW/Brooklands - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
grahamk

TLF International Lotus Day 2017

Maybe I've missed it, but I couldn't find a date for the TLF International Lotus Day for 2017. Is it happening, and if it's at Brooklands, is the Hotel offering the excellent deals on overnight stays again?

• Like 1

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Any dates for this yet ??

Only here once

MBW's events have been outsourced so I'm attempting to find a way to negate the £4,800 they currently want to charge us for this now... 

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators

My god !! They must make more than that by a long way with the footfall generated and the spending that occurs on the day

Only here once

Very true. They have 0.1% of visitors buy a car on a visit (they have 300k a year and sell 3k cars from their showroom) so with around 1k people on the day, they do sell a car to one of our visitors (statistically speaking). That's without the cafe/gift shop/experience revenue. 

The people I organise it with are super apologetic, but it's orders from above.

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators

Stinks..... the place is bloody rammed on the day. The cafe and experience takings must be through the roof. I know I spanked over £100 on experience things for me and Danny on the day. Was well worth it though.

worse case - £5 entry fee ???? Although I don't know if that would put some folks off. It would be a lot cheaper than the Brands events ??

Only here once

Yep @JG220 and I paid £200 each for AMG experiences that wouldn't have happened had the day not taken place.

Currently Owned: 2018 Lotus Elise Sport 220 in Metallic Blue, Alcantara Pack, Forged Wheels, 2piece brakes, AirCon, Hard/Soft Tops, Red Calipers, Stereo, Interior Colour Pack, NVH Pack, Carpets, Mats.
Previously Owned: 2016 Lotus Evora 400 'Hethel Edition' in Essex Blue, Red Leather, Red Calipers, Silver Forged Wheels
Previously Owned: 2010 Lotus Evora NA in Solar Yellow, Sports Pack, Tech Pack, "Heritage Edition" Recaro Seats
Follow my Lotus journey here: http://www.FaceBook.com/HandmadeInHethel

1 hour ago, Barrykearley said:

Stinks..... the place is bloody rammed on the day. The cafe and experience takings must be through the roof. I know I spanked over £100 on experience things for me and Danny on the day. Was well worth it though.

worse case - £5 entry fee ???? Although I don't know if that would put some folks off. It would be a lot cheaper than the Brands events ??

I don't know how many attended last year but i doubt it was a 1000. so it would be more like the £20-25 a car. 

And given that its really just a car park of lotuses (that's not a criticism - but its not an event like the festival at brands for example) i'm not sure many would pay that. 

It seems to me that it was mutually beneficial. MBW offered something to keep people occupied, Lotus owners provided a decent footfall for the day. 

Edited by JG220

What a shame if it gets cancelled, we always pop in Brooklands as well as bought our son an experience for his birthday.

Bibs, do you have any other venues on the back up list?

Dave :) 

IMG_0700.GIF.46dc41b84d1ba3ad1334434b317aa57e.GIF Do or do not, there is no try! 

Corr Gaydon looks nice

IMG_0896.PNG

• Like 1

Only here once

Is @Sparkys drive big enough ?? Now he's retired maybe he could cook some burgers ??

Only here once

I live right next to a huge park, and its car park is only 75 yards away.

Catering concessions, bouncy castle, resident DJ.  Excellent range of premium spirits at reasonable prices.

£45 per car inc. free burger, soft drink and souvenir wooden pen.

• Like 2

British Ambassador to Florida, New York, Denmark and Newfoundland.  And Sweden.

I'd expect one of those sexy Watford Exotics T-shirt numbers you've started selling in the new shop. Do they come in green?

Margate Exotics.

I'll have to check with my supplier.

Do they?

No.

We found that as the Watford Exotics palm tree logo was green, you couldn't see it.

Margate Exotics.

Since I'm now a 'consultant', you could engage me for a fee of £1500 a day and I will look into ways of resolving that for you.

A consultant is someone who wants to borrow your watch to tell you what time it is, and charges you for the privilege.

Also, I think you have the decimal point in the wrong place on that quotation by about three places to the right.

• Like 1

Margate Exotics.

Any new @Bibs? looking forward to this, we had a brilliant time last year. We would be happy to pay a ticket fee rather than have it cancelled :)