free hit
counters
Oil starvation / Fuel starvation - 2ZR-FE ? - Engine & Ancillaries/Gearbox - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
ImolaRed

Oil starvation / Fuel starvation - 2ZR-FE ?

Hi everyone,

I plan to buy my first Lotus :) It will be new 220 Sport or 250 Cup. I plan to occasionally use it on the tracks, especially Nordschleife which I love :)

I have read lot of discussions about oil starvation problems engines 2ZZ-GE, but I can´t find info if this problem is the same on 2ZR-FE engines or isnt... The question is, if it is necessary to use aftermarket baffled oil pan or accusump on these models in case of occasionally track use on original tyres like AD07 or A048 Yokohama. Another question is if there is still fuel starvation problem like in older cases was described.

Thanks for info and sorry for my bad English.

Jack

Edited by ImolaRed

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Jack,

We have run the Elise Cup R in Lotus race series for the past three years - not had any problems with oil starvation.  That is using standard sump, on Avon ZZR tyres... and pushing very hard!

The Cup R has a bag fuel tank fitted, so not sure about fuel starvation on a standard tank car.

Dave

• Like 2

Thx - good to know :)

One more little question - what type of oil viscosity would you recommend for this engine in track use? 

If this is your first supercharged Toyota based Elise, be aware the standard 35 (38?) litre tank doesn't last long, and you may want to upgrade it to a larger baffled tank.

This is an idea I am thinking about, but my custom in my 370Z or M3 is to use the tank max up to 1/2 tank and refuel it every 200km - why? because of weight these "fat" cars. :lol: But on the track in case of 370Z I must fill it up to the max and don´t let it go under 1/2 because the risk of the fuel starvation issue. So maybe it will be good - I am trained :lol: ...will see...