free hit
counters
Wheel alignment - Esprit Chat - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Wheel alignment

Dan E

• Gold FFM

Does anyone have a recommendation for 4 wheel alignment for my TE. I have just got back from London and the offside wheel is noticeably toeing out. I am thinking Maidstone Sports cars but would prefer a recommendation I am in Kent. Also what sort of figure is this likely to be

Thanks

Danny

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

£1500.................................... you have to be at the Ryarsh pub meets to get that one.  On a more serious note they have prices on their web site for setting up  the elise/exige cars..   The problem might be them not having shims in stock if anything does need adjusting.   Also I think Kwick fit,  yes really have the hunter kit the factory use so they would at least be able to tell you how much needs adjusting.  I think ian with the s4 in Margate was looking into somewhere to get his done. Not sure if he did in the end though.

• Gold FFM

Rymarsh the centre of the universe. :)

I spoke to Will at Maidstone he can fit me in next week, need to ask the shim question. £140 which i didn't think was too bad. I cant do Kwik Fit they managed to put my 205 GTI exhaust on upside down back in the day

I use my local Kwikfit for checking 4-wheel alignment as it's only a few hundred yards away, they have the Hunter Hawkeye kit, and the guy there knows what he's doing.

As for actually doing the job with shims, I gave up with Back On Track, I got fed up with never getting a reply. The last message I got was that they would contact me when the shims came in. That was last year, and I haven't heard a thing since. I intend to try Lakeside Engineering next year to get the job done, but as I already have the measurements, I'll order up or make some shims and have a go myself beforehand.

Beware of checking toe-in and out with your eyes, Dan!

Margate Exotics.

• Gold FFM

Ian it is a bloody mile out or am i missing something? iT certainly wasn't like it before I am wondering if the 62 million speed humps round here haven't helped

Stand to be corrected btw, think i should get it checked anyway 

When i spoke to back on track about my Esprits they were very nice on the phone, but recommended going to Lakeside as they know the cars better.  Big thumbs up for Lakeside engineering if you can get over to them, they've done lots of great work on my cars, always very good communication from them too.  And going there is a great excuse to see the various S1, JPS, Elan, Europa and other interesting cars they are working on :) 

• Gold FFM

So do you reckon better to do Lakeside? I haven't booked in at Maidstone yet, Lakeside used to look after my Elise (Max if memory serves) I am trying to not spend to much time next week sorting it out so maidstone are nearest but will happily get to lakeside if you guys think that is the better option 

I have never had it done before to be honest and I know the esprit would scare a few people off. 

I haven't been to maidstone so can't comment on the quality there, but if it's just alignment then go for it, it's not hugely expensive.  If you're wanting to combine the trip with other work then i'd recommend the drive round to Lakeside.

Wherever you go, make sure they have a Hunter and know what they're up to. I used Lakeside for my Esprit and Max knows his stuff. £150 + VAT there. 

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT.