free hit
counters
More noise please? - Engine & Ancillaries/Gearbox - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

I could do with more exhaust noise but still be able to drive Donny, Caldwell, Oulton & Anglesey. 

Any proven tips?

I currently have a totally standard set up which just sounds a little constrained some how. I would like  to release a bit more V6 howl without ruining my chances on track. 

If anyone's been there & achieved a reasonable level of success, I would be chuffed to hear. 

Cheers guys

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Stay standard... Honestly if you want to do UK track days without concerns over being told to go home after spending your hard earned money then stay standard. 

Go with whatever aftermarket system you like. Run with that and enjoy. My suggestion is to swap back to standard for any track days, and negate any risk with noise issues. If you're doing a track

That is still quite a chore if you end up doing lots of trackdays - an extra hour of work before & after every t/d. And that's presuming that you've got all of the right equipment etc.  FWIW,

I've moved your topic to the Engine & Ancillaries/Gearbox section and there are already quite a few topics on exhausts/noise/trackdays in here :)

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

2 hours ago, C1RVY said:

I could do with more exhaust noise but still be able to drive Donny, Caldwell, Oulton & Anglesey. 

Any proven tips?

Stay standard... Honestly if you want to do UK track days without concerns over being told to go home after spending your hard earned money then stay standard. 

• Like 1

www.alias23.com

Go with whatever aftermarket system you like. Run with that and enjoy.

My suggestion is to swap back to standard for any track days, and negate any risk with noise issues. If you're doing a track day, you'll have plenty time in advance to prepare and swap boxes. It's not that difficult a chore, and it might just be worth it...

• Like 1

That is still quite a chore if you end up doing lots of trackdays - an extra hour of work before & after every t/d. And that's presuming that you've got all of the right equipment etc. 

FWIW, the Komotec box tests below 102dB static (so you'll be covered for most days). With the valve shut, it should test below 98db. 

• Like 1

The TRD uprgade worked on the old S2 exiges but the only way to increase induction noise on the S3 is with a new induction system such as the one available from SSC.

I have both the SSC induction and the Larini exhaust and get through most trackdays without issue. I tend to get a few question about the noise from other lotus owning onlookers at trackdays so it either sounds horrific or fantastic from the outside.

I have the ssc induction and supercharger installed on my standard v6 s. It does certainly howl louder if you're after supercharger whine. Combining that with the sports exhaust is plenty loud enough.  

Hope this helps :) although going from stock car to simply adding the induction is an improvement already compared to stock in supercharger noise 

• Like 1
6 hours ago, Matty84 said:

I have the ssc induction and supercharger installed on my standard v6 s. It does certainly howl louder if you're after supercharger whine. Combining that with the sports exhaust is plenty loud enough.  

Hope this helps :) although going from stock car to simply adding the induction is an improvement already compared to stock in supercharger noise 

Have you got the 1900 blower then?

1 hour ago, toshers said:

I have the 2bular track silencer fitted and have just ordered the SSC induction kit. Can't wait until it's installed.

The UK winter upgrade window is too long and expensive lol

Its expensive for sure! Did you get the 'add on' silencers for the 2bular?

www.alias23.com

10 minutes ago, alias23 said:

Have you got the 1900 blower then?

Its expensive for sure! Did you get the 'add on' silencers for the 2bular?

Yep i do :)

Have had  tvs1900 for a year now. It's a great addition. Feels great off the line and 2nd gear pulls hard from 1800ish rpm.