free hit
counters
Air bag light.....M.O.T - Evora Chat - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Air bag light.....M.O.T

Steve1

My airbag light is has come on....usual thing, new battery installed. I did try to solve it by buying a OBD reader but to no avail. I've spoken to Gerald GST and he said to pop into Castle Lotus and get them to turn it off. This is probably the best option for me as there 5 mins from me but I've never really used them as they seem to cater for money no object kind of person judging by there stock(I might be wrong). Just wondered what they are roughly going to charge and any personal experience anyone's had with them.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Annoying isn't it that plugging in an OBD reader, finding and cancelling the code and then unplugging the reader should take all up about 5~10 minutes.

An hours labour would be rude.

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of us Moderators.

3 hours ago, ramjet said:

Annoying isn't it that plugging in an OBD reader, finding and cancelling the code and then unplugging the reader should take all up about 5~10 minutes.

An hours labour would be rude.

An airbag light won't be an OBD code/light. 

It will require Lotus Techcentre, which obviously costs the dealer per year. However, like you said, charging an hour's labour for 10 minutes of work is 'extracting the michael'. 

audi dealer tried to charge me 1 hour (105 + vat) for similar thing so told them to take it back and do another 50 mins, work on it if they were charging for 1 hour wanted an hour spent on it.They tried to tell me it didn`t work like that but stood my ground and eventually the owner settled for 20 mins (£35 + vat). Not sure how would stand up under trades description if invoice says 1 hour labour charge but only 10 mins. spent.

hindsight: the science that is never wrong

• Gold FFM

Minimum charge I suppose

lets face it most of these dealers have big showrooms to pay for, free tea/coffee, wifi and probabaly need to raise jodcards and paperwork for such like.

im afraid life's not free - I sure wish it was

• Like 1

Only here once