free hit
counters
Komotec 460 or SSC TVS1900? - Page 9 - Engine & Ancillaries/Gearbox - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content


Komotec 460 or SSC TVS1900?


Komotec 460 or SSC TVS1900 Ugrade?  

125 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Recommended Posts

The KT Ex 460 includes manifold and sports cats, if you add these to the SSC TVS 1900 upgrade, you end up being better off with the Charge cooled Ex 460 ????? I'd love to see the SSC TVS 1900 Charge cooled or waite to see if the Edelbrock Charge cooled supercharger for the Exige 430 Cup is an easy retrofit on current cars ????? Any ideas ????

Edited by Swiss380Cup
Link to comment
Share on other sites


Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
5 hours ago, Swiss380Cup said:

...or waite to see if the Edelbrock Charge cooled supercharger for the Exige 430 Cup is an easy retrofit on current cars ????? Any ideas ????

(Copy & pasted from the 430 Cup thread):

FWIW, in the Evora 400, the radiator for the charge cooler is in the nose of the car. Therefore, to fit the Edelbrook SC to an original Evora, the pipes for this have to be run down the sill. This involves considerable work/modification (removing bonded body panels etc). 

To date, I don’t know of anyone who has bothered to try this. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Swiss380Cup said:

The KT Ex 460 includes manifold and sports cats, if you add these to the SSC TVS 1900 upgrade, you end up being better off with the Charge cooled Ex 460 ????? I'd love to see the SSC TVS 1900 Charge cooled or waite to see if the Edelbrock Charge cooled supercharger for the Exige 430 Cup is an easy retrofit on current cars ????? Any ideas ????

Surely you'd be closing in on 500bhp needing forged internals?

www.alias23.com

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Gold FFM
2 hours ago, Bravo73 said:

(Copy & pasted from the 430 Cup thread):

FWIW, in the Evora 400, the radiator for the charge cooler is in the nose of the car. Therefore, to fit the Edelbrook SC to an original Evora, the pipes for this have to be run down the sill. This involves considerable work/modification (removing bonded body panels etc). 

To date, I don’t know of anyone who has bothered to try this. 

Is it any more work than is required to do it for the VX220 when converting to SC?  Mine is being done in 2 weeks and the pipes will be run down the sills to the front etc without taking the sills off.

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, C8RKH said:

Is it any more work than is required to do it for the VX220 when converting to SC?

It must be harder in the larger/Evora sizes tub than the smaller Elise/Exige/VX tub because I was told not to bother trying in my Evora. 

Maybe the Elise sills are accessible once the undertrays are removed?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Bravo73 said:

It must be harder in the larger/Evora sizes tub than the smaller Elise/Exige/VX tub because I was told not to bother trying in my Evora. 

Maybe the Elise sills are accessible once the undertrays are removed?

Exige sills are part bonded on to the tub

www.alias23.com

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Gold FFM

Same with the VX and Elise.  They are though routed through the sills but it requires some holes to drilled and other stuff done. You cannot see it once it is done in the VX but there are threads on vx220.org that show the pictures as to the how.

My understanding is that the Elise, Exige, Evora share the same basic build principles.

Not sure I would want to do it to my Evora though as it would be the first and who knows what would get in the way/knackered.

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Pb Racing in Italy can do that conversion but It s not on my car so I do not know if it s a track car or a road car but It s on an older exige v6

I think that they are the only ones at the moment that did one and its a quiet long and expensive work to make all the details right

I posted a teaser picture on the exige cup 380 topic but don t want to post more pictures as It s not my car and I do not know if the owner would like the pictures on the forums

I would say that the Lotus setup seems to be the best if fitted together with some other parts but it s also the most expensive.

Komotec ex460 is fast and I like their products but I would prefer long tube headers than the short ones sold with the kit.

From the video the tvs1900 seems less aggressive at higher rpm but that can be the map or the exhaust or the type of driving or the video itself.

To nicely complete a tvs 1900 kit I would at least fit manifolds and a sports cat but I like the fact that is less complicated to fit and or remove and that the compressor itself is bigger.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@Maxi_z The best is probably to stick to Lotus parts. Hopefully now that Lotus has fitted the Edelbrock, other tuners will look carefully at this possibility to retordit one, and I'm sure in 2018 sometimes, we'll have something from someone.... The retrofitted Edelbrock could be the perfect solution. Regarding TVS 1900, if you add to it, charge cooling, manifold and race cats, you end up being more expansive than KT at € 9'500.-.

I know that SSC has a charged cool version of their TVS1900 on their race cars, and I will ask them what's the cost for that. It fils into an Exige R, so probably it will fit into my 380 Cup.... it could be an amazing solution, and I don't need anything north of 450 HP. I want something durable and stable without going into changing pistons, etc. etc. etc.

With such a solution I would still have room for more if I want ... maybe KT will have their Ex 460 with the TVS 1900 ??? otherwise it's 500 and € 20'000 ......

I go to kt next week and will have a chat with them on what their thoughts are with this new Edelbrock thing.... the output of a standard configuration is around 475 HP, like on the 3-11, so it would be nice to have....

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Swiss380Cup said:

@Maxi_z The best is probably to stick to Lotus parts. Hopefully now that Lotus has fitted the Edelbrock, other tuners will look carefully at this possibility to retordit one, and I'm sure in 2018 sometimes, we'll have something from someone.... The retrofitted Edelbrock could be the perfect solution. Regarding TVS 1900, if you add to it, charge cooling, manifold and race cats, you end up being more expansive than KT at € 9'500.-.

I know that SSC has a charged cool version of their TVS1900 on their race cars, and I will ask them what's the cost for that. It fils into an Exige R, so probably it will fit into my 380 Cup.... it could be an amazing solution, and I don't need anything north of 450 HP. I want something durable and stable without going into changing pistons, etc. etc. etc.

With such a solution I would still have room for more if I want ... maybe KT will have their Ex 460 with the TVS 1900 ??? otherwise it's 500 and € 20'000 ......

I go to kt next week and will have a chat with them on what their thoughts are with this new Edelbrock thing.... the output of a standard configuration is around 475 HP, like on the 3-11, so it would be nice to have....

I also think that  the best would be the edelbrock with Lotus parts but they were saying prices fitted more like 20000 euros or more....

Maybe now that there is a standard exige with that parts fitted it could be cheaper and easier to fit

I was thinking about the tvs 1900 without charge cooling but with manifolds and cat as it s maybe the less well engineered solution but easy to install cost less and the bigger supercharger compared to standard should provide more air at lower supecharger rpm so even if as ssc write there is some heat soak it should still be not more than the oem setup of the 380

Then off course how that translates in real use power etc I don t know

The komotec setup is good as they are the ones that made it simple by watercooling the standard parts and if they fit it it s cool as you can just go there get all the parts fitted that will work together and know what you will pay.

From different videos I saw I would say that the Lotus edelbrock with manifolds and tune is the more aggressive setup if you really push the car while the tvs 1900 seems the one with more torque and fast even if you are using lower rpm while the komotec looks to react like oem but much faster everywhere.

Those of course are just impressions from different videos and comments so I can be wrong.

Would be nice to have a little more details about the different tuners ontheir respective setups.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@Maxi_z Well I've been doing some maths....again... KT charges its Ex 460 around € 10k installation included at their location.... but they work with the TVS 1320 OEM which they slightly modfiy. A TVS 1900 will cost around € 5k...so we're already at € 15k... so € 20k for the OEM Edelbrock etc. etc. etc.  is not a complete and total rip off... just a medium rip off.... That's approximately the price of the Ex 500 with the TVS 1900 and internals...

I've just send an email to SSC in Australia to find out if it's possible to order their charged cool TVS 1900, the version they use for their race cars. I've asked a number of other questions. I'm curious to read their answer once they wake up :):):) 

More I analyse it into details, the more the Ex 460 looks to be a very attractive proposition. To have the TVS 1900 installed you'e not far off the Ex 460, but without manifolds and cats which are included in the Ex 460 on top of charged cooling.....

I'm sure the TVS 1900, charged cool, manifolds, cats, etc. will be more expensive unless they price it to be an alternative to KT Ex 460. If it was in the same price range with the same parts, I'd prefer the TVS 1900 solution.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I agree with your maths, Antoine ... but ther's one thing that you do not take in account :blush: : once the TVS1900 installed, you can sell your barely used TVS1320 ! I assume it can go for about 3 to 4 thousands euros ... Nonetheless, I'd go the same KT route, because I assume proper manifolds and sport cat are mandatory ! 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

@French Frie I knew that Maths schools were outstanding in France....you're right about that.... but you'e got to find a buyer which might not be that easy... and I like to retain the original parts... I'm curious to find out about SSC Australia answer as to the TVS 1900 charged cool solution if there's a possibility....

Link to comment
Share on other sites

eeeeerrrrr... Do you really want to talk about France's ranking :ph34r: ?? http://www.businessinsider.fr/us/pisa-worldwide-ranking-of-math-science-reading-skills-2016-12/ ... switzerland is far ahead ! hopefully, UK is just behind :P ...

seriously, the fact that KT is not that far away from you and takes in charge the fitting and put the car on rolling road after the mod is for me another very important point, even though I'm sure there are skilled workshop in CH ... 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@French Frie I was speaking about the top schools like "X" "Polytechnique" and stuff not the average level... I was aweful at ,maths in school... but I can count....For such a modification I prefer to go to KT though I'm sure my dealer could do it. They have scheduled an appointment with KT which wants to work with them in Geneva. In 2 years they've become the 7th European dealer outside UK....whic IS BY THE WAY OUT OF EUROPE:.....just teasing...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Gold FFM
1 hour ago, French Frie said:

you can sell your barely used TVS1320 ! I assume it can go for about 3 to 4 thousands euros ... 

One brand new TVS1320, right now, on ebay US for $650 or around Euro 550.

  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, C8RKH said:

One brand new TVS1320, right now, on ebay US for $650 or around Euro 550.

oh,  really :ermm: ? IIRC, the replacement part from lotus was around 5,000€ :ph34r: ...

PS: I checked on DeRoure Website : £4,114 ... 

 http://www.deroure.com/partinfo.asp?MAK=1&MDL=40&TBL=11471&SMA=0&SMO=0&ST=&SC=0&PBID=679827

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Gold FFM

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...