free hit
counters
Lotus Exige Sport 380 - Page 10 - V6 Exige Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

Lotus Exige Sport 380

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Finally arrived at the dealer. Now waiting for pick up on 26/3 (business trip  ) Union Jack needs still to be placed as well as alcantara steering wheel and titanium exhaust. This is sent seperat

Well, almost there. No delivery date but I have to say this is looking like the dogs wotsits... Not sure what the net thing is in the boot? haven't/don't recall seeing that before.. And I ev

Ok here are my thoughts...please excuse writing style /ramblings.  I'd turned into a stuttering idiot by the time I'd got out of the car    Lotus Exige Sport 380   As I'm

Posted Images

Great reviews the car sounds fantastic and a Hethel laptime of 1.26.5 is deeply impressive, putting the Exige back on top from that pesky fast Evora Sport 410!

But not one mention of the noise issue for trackdays. Sloppy journalism strikes again! 

3 hours ago, Crouchy said:

but if we are going as far as changing the front clam then why dont we take it a little further with new headlights too

zex.jpg

That's a good example why good designers don't advertise their work for free in forums. ;) 

• Like 1
  • Gold FFM
3 hours ago, Crouchy said:

but if we are going as far as changing the front clam then why dont we take it a little further with new headlights too

zex.jpg

I totally love that. what colour is that green?

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

Think proces: no tuning, optical or motor (at start), so now seriously considering ordering IF the upcharge for my old Exige to this is not too high.......

Hope it is better, faster as my Komot Ex-430

Edited by Jokke Vlo

If it is faster than the Komotec 430 then Komotec really need to start being more accurate with their power claims!

Now I have had some time to think about it I can live with the new rear, still prefer the twin rear lights but this new look isn't bad. Only the outer of the two lights come on when you brake anyway. The wing looks so much better from side on it's just a bit of a shock compared to what we are used to. I'll hang on to my preference for the CupR wing for now. It still looks a bit awkward from other angles.

Good angle: exige-380-0302_zpsou0wu6kl.jpg

Great angle: exige-380-0301_zpswp5cjlgi.jpg

Ungreat:       exige-380-0305_zpsonqg9r5k.jpg

Looks familiar? Here it is again in the Sport 350 Roadster that no-one bought. I'm sure it's a lovely car and the 380 version would be even nicer but it's now very clear that the Exige is a trackday car as far as buyers are concerned. For most that means hard top. No mention of speed limit for the Roadster this time round. Surely the soft top can't go 170mph?!

03-lotus-exige-sport-350-roadster-geneva

02-lotus-exige-sport-350-roadster-geneva

CupR wing and I fear I would be powerless. As it stands still not sure.... 

All that can change the moment you have to hand the keys back after a test drive. I have developed quite a thing for Evora 410 too unfortunately!

311 shouldn't be ruled out either but for £82k you don't even get carbon seats or a heater. I did use my heater in my Caterham on the road when it was cold but don't have one anymore and don't miss it but then I only race during the warmer months. 311 should have carbon seats in it without question. a) because they're lovely b) because they're light c) because the Hethel Edition has them and costs £20k less!

• Like 1

I like the ethos of the 380 but if I was looking to buy new I'd go Sport 350. Not a fan of the new wing, canards, the fussy add-ons just aft of the rear wheels - basically all the aero stuff. 

I bought my V6 as a road car (that might go on track) not as a track weapon. A 350 with the guts of a 380 minus all the aero faff would be of real interest however.

Just received the 380 pricelist.

My spec comes out at over £80k. If i'm completely honest this is making me think again. I do love the 380 and I disagree with most on here that it isnt a match for the old cup but £80k is a big upgrade cost from my 18 month old V6s. Im not ruling it out but i think i will struggle to justify it.

Jeez that's a lot for an Exige. How much is a Cup 400 going to be if they ever do one?!

The 380 makes sense for someone that loves every last thing about it. If they have the means then why not? The bit that doesn't make sense is stretching yourself to buy a car that's not quite everything you were hoping it to be.

Where is this price list and how can I get one?

£12k on options isn't much these days. You'd do well to drive a Porsche away with less than £20k worth of extras.

In Germany it's a 100k€ car.

7k for titanium exhaust, 4,2k track pack, 4k colour pack, 5,5 carbon exterior, 1,65 AC. in total this is 110k€ list price.

Edited by Freejack
1 minute ago, SFO said:

How did you get to 80k from 68k?

Exige 380 - £67900

Full Alcantara steering wheel - £300

Floor Mats- £80

Exterior Colour Pack  - £3000

Air Conditioning - £1250

Stereo - £400

Cruise control - £100

Black Pack Removal - NCO

Lightweight forged alloy wheels - NCO 

Carbon Exterior Pack - £4000 

Track Pack -  £3200

Total - £80230

Then I would need to add a few lotus exclusive elements including other alcantara parts, painted wheels etc so it would probably be a £85k car. with a £42k px value its a big stretch.

Full pricelist below

INTERIOR AND TRIM 
Leather Trim Pack(seats and door panels in Black leather with Red or Yellow stitching)  - NCO
Tartan Trim Pack(seats and door panels in Red or Yellow with Black stitching) - NCO
Full Alcantara steering wheel (Black with Red or Yellow strip) - £300
Interior Colour Pack in Red, Yellow, Orange, Silver or White - £500
(seats eyelets, HVAC control housing, centre console upper section, electric window bezel) 
Full Carpet - £350
Floor Mats- £80

EXTERIOR AND BODY 
Hard-top - £1250
Metallic or Signature Paint - £750
Exige Sport 380 Exterior Colour Pack (with red brake calipers-includes car body colour)  - £3000
(choice of Metallic Grey, Metallic Silver, Metallic Blue, Metallic White, Metalllic Black-with Red Accents) 
Black Pack Removal (mirror caps, side pods, rear transom panel, roof) - NCO

COMFORT AND COMMUNICATION 
Air Conditioning - £1250
Stereo plus two front mounted speakers - £400
Sound insulation - £500
Cruise control - £100

LIGHTWEIGHT AND PERFORMANCE 
Lightweight satin black or silver forged alloy wheels (17"front and 18"rear) - NCO 
Lightweight lithium-ion battery - NCO 
Carbon Exterior Pack (hard-top, louvered tailgate) - £4.000 
Carbon fibre sill covers - £1,200 
Titanium exhaust - £5,500 
Track Pack (2-way adjustable Nitron dampers and 2-position Eibach anti-roll bar) -  £3,200

2 minutes ago, The Pits said:

Jeez that's a lot for an Exige. How much is a Cup 400 going to be if they ever do one?!

The 380 makes sense for someone that loves every last thing about it. If they have the means then why not? The bit that doesn't make sense is stretching yourself to buy a car that's not quite everything you were hoping it to be.

Where is this price list and how can I get one?

As much as I like the Exige V6 (on my 2nd now) how can it justify an £80k premium. That's nearly £30k more than I paid for my first one new.

Yes they've done the same thing to the Nissan GTR only that has gone from Exige money to Evora Sport 410 money and beyond.

I think they priced them both very competitively to begin with, unsure about the demand. Both cars have proven successful so now they're ramping the prices up to try and increase their margins. It will be interesting to see how this one goes. To be fair to Lotus, unlike Nissan they have kept the price of the Sport 350 more accessible. To be honest it's always been good value, now it looks even more so. You're going to have to be a good driver in a Sport 380 to gap a well driven Sport 350.

I know JMG is all about margin but I think they've pushed the price too far too soon if I'm honest. They can't charge less for future go faster Exiges so it puts them in a trickier position further down the line. Cheekiest price I can see is £1200 for carbon sill covers! You wouldn't want to scratch them! :shock:

1 minute ago, The Pits said:

You're going to have to be a good driver in a Sport 380 to gap a well driven Sport 350.

Agree... I firmly believe if you compare those two on track, the driver is going to make the difference in most cases... and if you are not driving at 9/10 or above the potential of the car you won't have much of a difference in lap time...