free hit
counters
Lotus Exige Sport 380 - Page 20 - V6 Exige Chat - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Lotus Exige Sport 380

TLF News

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Gold FFM
25 minutes ago, Trevsked said:

Errrm, I really like it. I think the twin exits look cheap as there's no engineering involved whereas you can see the effort and finish that has gone in to the standard exit.

Trevor.

Twin exit looks classic and purposeful. Pigs snout looks like it should be on a Corsa VXR or Saxo and was engineered by a YTS'r at Halfords.  

As said before, we're all different which is a good thing.

The 400/410 does look different as it is a snout stuck onto a large bore single pipe so less of a piggy look to it. I am assuming that is why it is also louder. Think of a water collector on a drain pipe!  Think about one of these from Wickes....

hopper.jpg

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

• Gold FFM

Don't tell Classic Team lotus that then.....  And just because something is a "classic" does not mean that it is outdated or wrong. A classic tends to have an enduring feel to it. Something with longevity. Where'as that pig snout's time has been and gone in a flash...

You weren't an architect in the 60's or 70's were you? ;)

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

• 2 weeks later...

Agree, almost no press coverage. Not a single video online!

The reviews, although brief, have been very positive. Surprisingly so if I'm being honest. I thought they might focus on the price and be quite critical, ie no chargecooler, the usual - camry engine, hard to get in and out 'yet another special edition' and so on.

I hope to drive one soon but not sure that driving one in January in the UK will do it much justice so might wait until the weather improves.

@Jokke Vlo have you asked if you can have the 380 Race aero kit? If you want it of course, you might not!

I'm surprised nobody has posted a video of the Sport 380 online.  If I'd known that Jamie was going to let me hoof about on my own, I'd have brought the GoPro with me and taken some in-car footage of it.

I think it's a magnificent car.  I'd love one ? 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, The Pits said:

@Jokke Vlo have you asked if you can have the 380 Race aero kit? If you want it of course, you might not!

just to tease you a bit more, Jonny, the first EX460 kit of 2017 from Komo-Tec, on a Cup with a biiiiig wing :P :  

Edited by French Frie

It will take a lot more than that to forgive them for this! :sick:

2211-003exigev6carbonheckspoiler1_zpsese

Worth bearing in mind that Lotus spent £1m on taking the Exige from 345bhp to 375bhp. How much do you think Komotec spent?

• Like 1

:shock: ... that's unfair :P !  but you have to admit that Lotus finally went the KT route with a smaller (in fact a bigger crank) pulley :whistle: ... 

PS: you mean  " from 320/325 to ... more"  :ph34r: ? a good thing that JMG said that now, the claimed output has to be done ...

I do not think ... I just can't find any Exige/Evora S dynoed that achieved 345bhp ! not a big deal, but when you pay taxes on a specified power, you want at least to have what you paid for ... whereas Evoras N/A seem to reach the claim output, or at least approach it ! and it's not heat soak or air ram effect related... 

I assume that's why JMG said in a recent interview that claimed outputs has to be achieved...

6 minutes ago, NW76 said:

This is the one with the sequential gearbox, if I am right ...

It looks like mine, better check in my garage.....

3 minutes ago, French Frie said:

I do not think ... I just can't find any Exige/Evora S dynoed that achieved 345bhp ! not a big deal, but when you pay taxes on a specified power, you want at least to have what you paid for ... whereas Evoras N/A seem to reach the claim output, or at least approach it ! and it's not heat soak or air ram effect related... 

I assume that's why JMG said in a recent interview that claimed outputs has to be achieved...

I don't doubt it, but have you seem much rolling road data on the exige s? What power are they making in standard trim?

... and I had a look to KT charts ... cars are always making the correct output :ph34r: ! my understanding, based on several people around me, is that the KT kits are giving the claimed gain... but cars are rarely giving the final output ! that's why few workshops here want to do the before/after dynos, in order not to be insulted by the customers  :popo:!  but that's only my opinion, and I stand to be corrected ...

Edited by French Frie