free hit
counters
Lotus Exige Sport 380 - Page 23 - V6 Exige Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
TLF News

Lotus Exige Sport 380

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
6 hours ago, NW76 said:

Cool!!! Congrats!!! You have to come to LoT in Spa March 18 then ????

I want to learn from your line... 2:48 with the EX390 was killer fast ...

2.46 :)  and could go faster that time (evening time it was raining) because it was during the hottest part of the day. As everyone knows here that's a big difference with colder evening temperatures

On data, and I take the safe side, 2.44 is really drivable

Edited by Jokke Vlo
  • Like 1

Wow ... thats fast ... LCE times are 2:45ish ... in a Cup R ...what do you think the EX380 will bring? 

Lotus Cup Exiges are below 2.40 now but that doesn't change how fast 2.46 is. I think anything under 2.50 is very fast.

It will be very interesting to see what Jokke can achieve in the Sport 380!

• Like 1

My guess is that 2.46 will not be easy to beat. I'm sure you will beat it Jokke but it might not be by much to start with. Who knows? Hopefully it will. But I think 2.46 is beyond a standard V6S's potential!

Agree ... 2:46 is very very fast ... anybody below 2:50 in a street legal car can call himself a seriously fasr driver  ??

Just too much honour :) and of course this pressure again. Everything, imo, depends on the grip of the front. That's the weak point . And yes you have to plan time attacks because of the air temp. By my experience this is up to 2 sec !

I would be happy with 2.46 out of the box ...... otherwise I would be disappointed and mislead .

• Like 1

On ‎16‎/‎01‎/‎2017 at 21:00, geartox said:

I didn't get an answer from the dealer about an engine upgrade from the 350 to the 380. do you have any feedback from your side ?

I emailed lotus to ask and they said they didn't plan on it at the current time. However I presume the more people that ask the more likely it is to happen.

Presumably Komo-tec / H111 could offer it and simply copy the lotus file from a 380?

... and I'd rather change manifolds and cat before replacing pulley, as I think they're more restrictive (just like in the EX390) ! larger pulley will make the supercharger spinning faster, and while it may be useful to obtain the last HPs, it doesn't seem to be the first thing to do (IMHO) ... of course, it should be cheaper than exhaust !

please note that for those who don't want to modify the pulley (me !), that 370 and 390 kits can be combined (in fact, it's a EX430 without the pulley !) and a specific mapping can be made (KT info) :whistle: ...

33 minutes ago, 550superfast said:

Not sure there is any point, they have the EX370 and EX390 power upgrades available.

This is true and probably the reason they wont offer said upgrade.

However with Simply Sports Cars offering their upgraded supercharger using stock manifolds in my head the lotus 380 kit must still be safe.. Im not saying the stock manifolds are any good but surely if lotus offering a 380 with them they must be good enough.

the lotus 380 option would come in a lot cheaper than a EX390 and also a lot easier to return to stock should you want to.

You're right regarding cost, Chris... but don't forget 380 uses an uprated fuel pump (still wondering why others don't, if needed) ! Lotus mapping should takes this mod in account ...

other question it raises : how Lotus obtains 380hp without manifolds and sport cat, where KT obtains "only" 390hp with added sport exhaust & cat (only 10hp ?) and sport filter (0,1 hp :P ?), whereas one of the two needs to stay on the safe side ?

PS: stock manifolds are surely on the "safe" side ... but we're talking efficiency (and temperatures) here :P !

I cannot recall the precise details but on this forum it has been confirmed that Lotus have safely taken the V6 well beyond 400bhp usin the std manifolds and pre cats.

However the issue is around sustained high output performance and the engine heat developed by the precats close proximity to the engine block under extreme loads for sustained periods.

In other words, the engine gets hot as it starts too cook so power bleeds away.

Improved headers, removal of the pre cats that sit asyride the block etc. Result in less engine bay heat build up and longer sustained performance I believe.

I'm such a dick when it comes to technicality that I can only repost what has been said here many times. Oh and confirm that replacing my stock manifold with its two pre-cats baking the block with a 2bular one with a w00cel sports cat has reduced my engine heat reading by 20% meaning a sustained and more level performance output over time.

• Like 1

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!        

Water I believe. Sorry not that technical.

I'll try to get some runs with the OBD reader and the Torque App going to get some consistent readings.

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!        

9 hours ago, C8RKH said:

However the issue is around sustained high output performance and the engine heat developed by the precats close proximity to the engine block under extreme loads for sustained periods.

In other words, the engine gets hot as it starts too cook so power bleeds away.

Improved headers, removal of the pre cats that sit asyride the block etc. Result in less engine bay heat build up and longer sustained performance I believe.

The cats on the Exige near the cylinder head (manifolds) are not pre cats. These are the only cats fitted to the Exige.

The early Evora used the same ones but also has a second cat further down stream ( So on an early evora they are called precats)

• Like 1

the louvred rear cover must make a big difference in the  engine compartment cooling vs the older glass panel ?

Previously owned :Exige 380,  Exige 350,  Evora 400,  Exige V6S,  Esprit GT3,  2-11 SC,  Evora S,  Elite 501

3 minutes ago, DJW said:

the louvred rear cover must make a big difference in the  engine compartment cooling vs the older glass panel ?

Yes definitely. It's a shame all the retrofit options are so eye wateringly expensive 

Good opportunity for these 3rd party producers of carbon bits, to make one that replaces the glass. 

Previously owned :Exige 380,  Exige 350,  Evora 400,  Exige V6S,  Esprit GT3,  2-11 SC,  Evora S,  Elite 501

11 minutes ago, RedViper said:

Yes definitely. It's a shame all the retrofit options are so eye wateringly expensive 

Not as expensive as the standard louvred panel from lotus.....

£1953+vat and it's not even carbon!!!