free hit
counters
Lotus Exige Sport 380 - Page 25 - V6 Exige Chat - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Lotus Exige Sport 380

1 hour ago, LF1 said:

I quite liked that video, not come across him before. A lot of "face shots" but that seems to be the thing these days, everyone wanting to be Clarkson. Would not say it was that informative or factual but nice to see the car filmed well.

Likewise. And he knows that gold wheels are cool! 

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Finally arrived at the dealer. Now waiting for pick up on 26/3 (business trip  ) Union Jack needs still to be placed as well as alcantara steering wheel and titanium exhaust. This is sent seperat

Well, almost there. No delivery date but I have to say this is looking like the dogs wotsits... Not sure what the net thing is in the boot? haven't/don't recall seeing that before.. And I ev

Ok here are my thoughts...please excuse writing style /ramblings.  I'd turned into a stuttering idiot by the time I'd got out of the car    Lotus Exige Sport 380   As I'm

Posted Images

1 hour ago, 550superfast said:

Screen Shot 2017-01-20 at 09.39.16.png

All that for £3495 including battery! That is an absolute steal!

Not anymore, no chance these days when an engine cover is nearly £2k on its own!

Should have done it years ago. They have lost the plot with the parts prices these days.

:cry:

• Like 2
5 hours ago, The Pits said:

Just got home from a test drive in the Sport 380 today.

I won't say too much here because I think it deserves a full and detailed write-up but...

You and me both mate - awesome car!

• Like 1

"The supercar killer" ... Lotus  keeps using this slogan on their facebook page, and it starts irritating me :ph34r:!  So I answered that to their publication :

Please stop with this "supercar killer" baseline ? ! I'm a deep fan of Lotus, having owned several and I love my Exige V6 to death, but I do think it is somewhat misleading to affirm that everywhere ... it is different, obviously less powerful and refined, but also in a lot of occasions better and more enjoyable ?! Anyway, please keep allowing us to drive "differently", and keep the passion alive... but don't overuse marketing sentences ?!

And it seems I'm not the only one to think it's a bit too much :blush:... of course, you know it is not in any way a bashing, but I 'm afraid they're misleading people by using such a theatrical expression ! Your thoughts ?

• Like 1

I agree Frenchie ;)

Pits :

On 27-1-2017 at 19:28, The Pits said:

Just got home from a test drive in the Sport 380 today.

I won't say too much here because I think it deserves a full and detailed write-up but...

I can't wait, where can I read it ? 

Edited by Jokke Vlo
21 minutes ago, The Pits said:

It hasn't left my computer yet! Still working on it. Also editing a video of a back to back road drive with the V6 Cup, hope to get that uploaded on Monday.

:thumbup:

Hurry up ? I am really looking forward to it ??

3 minutes ago, JG220 said:

Lotus customer services have confirmed to me that there are no major hardware changes but that they won't offer the 380 remap to current v6 owners.:lol:

thanks for the info.

Doesn't the 380 have a different SC pulley?

Edited to add: yes, it does. Plus a few more bits:

"The power boost comes from a revised supercharger pulley, which increases charge pressure, an uprated fuel pump, a recalibrated ECU and the introduction of a revised exhaust system – as used in the Evora 400 and Evora Sport 410."

So, whilst Customer Services might not consider these to be 'major', they are still pretty significant changes to the hardware.

You're kiddin' :P ? Of course they won't :ph34r:... BTW, for those who were thinking about having the 350/380 IPS sofware upgrade on V6S : it is forbidden by Lotus, saying that it can be harmful to the gearbox (whereas it is strictly the same box) ! And indeed, if the hardware is the same, the bracket that supports the actuator rod has really a different shape, and may help the geometry of the gear change, and then the capacity to shift faster (my guess)  :ermm: ?

I can see how the newer bracket might be lighter but it looks far less robust in the above diagram. Although, I hasten to add, this is of course taken completely out of context!

Here it is in yellow:

http://www.pistonheads.com/classifieds/used-cars/lotus/exige-s3/lotus-exige-3-5-sport-380-new-car/6785341

and Gulf blue:

http://www.pistonheads.com/classifieds/used-cars/lotus/exige-s3/lotus-exige-3-5-sport-380-new-car/6785346

grey:

I'm only just understanding the spec better myself but it seems if you don't order the carbon pack you still get the front access panel and rear spoiler in carbon anyway. So the £4k extra is just for the roof and the rear engine cover. Explains why the weight saving is only 2.7kg and it's not as good value as I thought! Looking great in grey though and I wouldn't normally say that about an Exige!

:thumbup:

• Like 1

Great write up Jonny, really fascinating read, must try one of the darn things,  trouble is will be "must have" and her in doors definitely won't like it and what about the new kitchen but .... man or mouse? pass the cheese!

• Like 1