free hit
counters
Lotus Exige Sport 380 - Page 29 - V6 Exige Chat - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Lotus Exige Sport 380

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Finally arrived at the dealer. Now waiting for pick up on 26/3 (business trip  ) Union Jack needs still to be placed as well as alcantara steering wheel and titanium exhaust. This is sent seperat

Well, almost there. No delivery date but I have to say this is looking like the dogs wotsits... Not sure what the net thing is in the boot? haven't/don't recall seeing that before.. And I ev

Ok here are my thoughts...please excuse writing style /ramblings.  I'd turned into a stuttering idiot by the time I'd got out of the car    Lotus Exige Sport 380   As I'm

Posted Images

• Gold FFM

That is lovely. I just cannot love the rear spoiler though. From any angle. Just looks wrong to me.

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

8 hours ago, Jokke Vlo said:

Seems Lotus is on track with delivery, what a difference with the past...... got the message my car is "in production"

What did you go for Jokke?

That picture of your black V6 is still the best ever picture of a v6 (s,350 or 380)

Edited by JG220
  • Gold FFM

The spoiler looks great on the Elise. It just looks too small/puny on the Exige.

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

I agree, what a lovely looking peice of kit that is. The spoiler is a let down, I'd prefer to see a body mounted extrusion like the Evora has, however the Exige is an out and out racer so the argument must be functionality over looks.

• Gold FFM

Very nice @Jokke Vlo. That grey really suits the Exige.  Did you go for re bits in the interior (harness loops on seats, stitching, etc?)

Interesting article in an Autocar magazine I just read while sat in the dentist. 

Basically the article was on about the "maybe" SUV project,but there where a few snippets re the Elise and Exige, both current and proposed. 

The one that hit me first was that the price of the "new" Exige could be over 100K Sterling... WoW thats a hike. And also that tweaks to the existing range will continue upto the new models coming out. It, the article, mentioned weight reduction etc etc but I just wonder, is the 380 hp the most we will see from Lotus in these cars? A 410 Cup for instance..... interesting.

cheers

Mark

On 15/2/2017 at 19:24, The Pits said:

16716191_1415891501788624_55179758900011

What colour is this?

Over the years ... 1999-2001 Toyota Celica 1.8 ~ 2001-2004 Audi TT Quattro 225 hp ~ 2004-2005 Audi A3 2.0 TDI ~ 2005-2008 Honda S2000 ~ 2008-2014 Lotus Exige 240S ~ 2008-2012 Toyota Aygo 1.0 ~ June 2014-January 2015 Subaru WRX STI my 15 ~ 2013-November 2016 Lexus CT200h ~  June 2015-December 2018 Lotus Exige S V6 ~ NOW ~ January 2019 Lotus Exige 410 Sport ~ December 2016 Honda Civic Type R FK2

That photo of the red one highlights how much they've had to bend the rear wing uprights to get the Elise wing to fit. Looks completely daft and simply doesn't work to my eyes. 

Cup R style wing and the Transforged mirrors look a whole world apart in my opinion. 

@ Mes

Can you do a render with "Candy Apple Orange" or "McLaren Orange" I need to pick a colour soon and I couldnt render a rabbit in a stew...

Out of interest I have a 2014 V6S with approx 3K miles, quoted 32K to upgrade... I asked for Full Carbon Fibre, Bespoke Paint, Sound Deadening, Steering Wheel, Air Con and Floor Mats and not much more...

Needs SERIOUS thought at this price.... but I'm tempted, really really tempted... Its just that I can see a 410 car in 18 months to keep the sales up. As an example, I have a 73 Sprint, out of the box stunning car, Lotus made these due to falling sales in lieu of a new model. History, I think, is going to repeat itself....

cheers

Mark

fullsizeoutput_db.jpeg

• Like 1