free hit
counters
Lotus Exige Sport 380 - Page 32 - V6 Exige Chat - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Lotus Exige Sport 380

TLF News

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Apologies for that!

410 must be quite an annoying car for the 400 owners, not quite different enough to easily justify the change but desirable enough to make you think about it. I had the same problem with the Exige 360 Cup!

I'm a total sucker for the lightweight versions of sports cars. I'm lukewarm about the Ferrari 458 but adore the Speciale. Same for the McLaren 650S and the 675LT. So Lotus had me at 'Sport' with the 410 really!

Seems to me, I'm the exact opposite of the vloggers. I'm pretending to be objective while driving cars I'm crazy about. They are pretending to be crazy while driving cars they're often not that bothered about!

:D

• Like 1

Jonny: we Lotus guys seem to tick pretty similar: No1 on my List 675 LT (650 S not so much) No2 458 Speciale ... the best car I have ever driven, if only for a couple of days and in the US ... the 675 LT I have not yet had the pleasure of driving ...

Back to the topic: I really miss Chris Harris on Youtube ... a pitty that he went after the big money ... 

I follow you on the first two cars, but as I'm a Hairdresser (apprentice) :P, I'll take both  in spider and aperta version B-) !  And because I prefer to use my car on mountain roads, I'd even "admit" to switch the 675LT for a 570 spider (to be released), less track focused,but maybe funnier to drive on road :blush:...

PS: Chris Harris is THE guy ... but I also enjoy to watch Jethro Bovingdon ! Have you ever watched his test drive of the 458 Speciale Aperta, under heavy rain and on PS Cup 2 :wub: ? He keeps laughing and dirving sideways :lol:!

• Like 2

I have a funny story there: I drive up to the McLaren Dealership in my Exige ... wanted to see the 570S ... the sales guy approached me, very knowledgeable, we started talking about the 570S and the Lotus ... he right away said the 570S is not for me, if I like the Lotus and like driving it on track... "the 570S will be to soft and GT like for you" ... "if you want a hardcore sports car you have to go for the 650S even if it is a used one" ... he offered a test drive, but I didnt have the time and also had the fear, that if I drive it, I would buy it ...

I did exactly the same :P... but test drove the 570GT B-) !  And indeed, the car is great, but a bit too soft (even for me :P) ... the GT is supposed to be softer than other McLarens, and it is (softer suspensions, more NHV material, less direct steering rack, etc) ! What I wanted to check is also the overall dimensions of the car, and it is not that different from the Exige ... and the car is very easy to drive, even it the busy areas in Paris ! 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, NW76 said:

I have a funny story there: I drive up to the McLaren Dealership in my Exige ... wanted to see the 570S ... the sales guy approached me, very knowledgeable, we started talking about the 570S and the Lotus ... he right away said the 570S is not for me, if I like the Lotus and like driving it on track... "the 570S will be to soft and GT like for you" ... "if you want a hardcore sports car you have to go for the 650S even if it is a used one" ... he offered a test drive, but I didnt have the time and also had the fear, that if I drive it, I would buy it ...

Had a 650S Spider for about 6600 miles and I haven't driven 570S myself but the 650 is almost exactly the same balance between sports car and tourer as the Evora400 and massively more comfortable and refined than an Exige. Not really sure what he's thinking, no McLaren is a particular match for an Exige

@MesTCS

Thanks, picture looked stunning!!

Just had an email from my local Lotus garage tonight informing me Lotus won't do Tri coats anymore to many issues. I'll probably go for the Kawasaki Green if I get one.

cheers

Mark

regarding the 570S comparison, and I'll stop after that as it is the 380 topic, read what @chylld thinks about it in this topic : http://www.lotustalk.com/forums/f170/deciding-another-car-339506/index18.html ... very interesting, and matching my feeling regarding a more enjoyable 570S rather than more powerful 650/12C !

and a pic of my Roadster with the 570GT I drove : 

mini_915938IMG1161.jpg

mini_938205IMG1162.jpg

:P are you talking about the green sticker :P ? it is the insurance sticker, proving you're insured for the current year :P ! and now, a restricted area sticker is added to my windscreen, because since feb, 1st you can't come in Paris (even as a foreigner :o) without it ... there are 6 categories, from 5(old diesel cars) to Electric, and when pollution is supposed to reach a certain level, only few categories are allowed to enter the city of Lights :ph34r: ! And, pollution peaks or not, all cars before 1997 are forbidden (in the streets, moving or not !) between 8AM and 8PM on week days (classic cars on special V5 equivalent are allowed) !  Exige, despite its 350hp, is rated 1 (just after electric cars) :blush: ...

pastille-ecologique-crit-air-vignette-au

oh... and in 2020, only electric cars and present cat 1 cars will be allowed :ph34r:! and a lot of french cities are planning to follow Paris ... 

7 minutes ago, Mark030358 said:

OTR tax for a new 380/350 is 2200 pounds from 1st April, up 1300 quid... Tax Men, robbing b'astards.....

I think it is £1700 for year 1, but £450 for years 2 to 6, £140 thereafter 

Current system is £885 for year 1, and £500 thereafter.

Edited by SFO

Well, I just got my car quote in and as I will likely be buying after 1st April the OTR costs are 2200 see attached...The extra tax is for cars over 40K... 

taken from email....."But as the car will come after April it will be an extra £1,300 otr cost"

OK re read the email... 1700 quid plus other costs comes to about 2200. They the extar tax for 5 years. Still, robbing bastards

ved-reform-briefing-for-motor-industry.pdf

Edited by Mark030358

21 hours ago, Mark030358 said:

@MesTCS

Thanks, picture looked stunning!!

Just had an email from my local Lotus garage tonight informing me Lotus won't do Tri coats anymore to many issues. I'll probably go for the Kawasaki Green if I get one.

cheers

Mark

Mark 

you need to speak to Jamie at B&C re: Kawasaki green 380

Darryl & Sue

Proud to drive and own since new a true British supercar the Evora GT430