free hit
counters
Lotus Exige Sport 380 - Page 35 - V6 Exige Chat - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Lotus Exige Sport 380

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Finally arrived at the dealer. Now waiting for pick up on 26/3 (business trip  ) Union Jack needs still to be placed as well as alcantara steering wheel and titanium exhaust. This is sent seperat

Well, almost there. No delivery date but I have to say this is looking like the dogs wotsits... Not sure what the net thing is in the boot? haven't/don't recall seeing that before.. And I ev

Ok here are my thoughts...please excuse writing style /ramblings.  I'd turned into a stuttering idiot by the time I'd got out of the car    Lotus Exige Sport 380   As I'm

Posted Images

Thanks for the update SFO. It's hard to keep up with Lotus's pricing! If the £1250 hard top is now standard then I guess that's a better deal for £600 extra.

... but it should mean that you do not get the soft top anymore ! so all in all ... 

25 minutes ago, RS4ever said:

Another proof that dark colors fit the Exige: "sport & chic" as we use to say here. What a car!

:thumbup: ... Sienna Brown being the coolest of the Sport & Chic colors (followed by military Grey and Carbon Grey)  :whistle:!

(380's standart roof means soft top)

the carbon roof is 2 kg (4.4 pounds) heavier than the standard roof

Lotus hasn’t specified the weight difference between the coupe and roadster models, but it should be noted that the 350 droptop is actually 10 kg (22 pounds) lighter than a similarly equipped hard top.

which means the carbon roof is probably 8 kg lighter than the standart hard top.

http://www.topspeed.com/cars/lotus/2017-lotus-exige-sport-380-ar175263.html

Carbon roof is 2kg heavier than the soft top according to Lotus's press release: "The optional Carbon Exterior Pack contains a one-piece carbon roof panel and a distinctive carbon louvered tailgate. The carbon roof panel is 2 kg heavier than the standard soft-top but this weight increase is offset by the carbon louvered tailgate which saves 2 kg."

http://www.lotuscars.com/news/engineering/lotus-exige-sport-380-supercar-killer

I have seen claims of 12kg for the standard hard top but having fitted the hard top many times on my Elise would guess it's nearer 20kg. The soft top must be well under 10kg, there really isn't much to it.

10 hours ago, The Pits said:

Carbon roof is 2kg heavier than the soft top according to Lotus's press release: "The optional Carbon Exterior Pack contains a one-piece carbon roof panel and a distinctive carbon louvered tailgate. The carbon roof panel is 2 kg heavier than the standard soft-top but this weight increase is offset by the carbon louvered tailgate which saves 2 kg."

http://www.lotuscars.com/news/engineering/lotus-exige-sport-380-supercar-killer

I have seen claims of 12kg for the standard hard top but having fitted the hard top many times on my Elise would guess it's nearer 20kg. The soft top must be well under 10kg, there really isn't much to it.

All too much guess work here from figures that have not been backed up, until i see the two on the scales I am inclined to think the saving is somewhat lower

19 minutes ago, alias23 said:

According to Komotec, based on their carbon hard top...

Weight: 5,3 kg, weight original part: 11 kg.

So circa 5.5kg saving.

Sounds more realistic, but is the Komotec one lighter than the 380 one? Less sound insulation etc?

Evora Sport 410 carbon roof only saves a surprisingly modest 2kg and is a larger panel than the Elise so 5.5kg weight saving doesn't sound realistic in light of that. Standard Elise hardtop feels much heavier than 11kg to me. Quite a few variables here, paint, lining, seals, fixing parts and so on.

It's really not a huge issue to me either way so I'm not going to bother getting stuff weighed, it was enough of a bother trawling through various claims online from people who had weighed them to try and find which way the numbers were pointing. Certainly a better effort than just going on my 'gut feel' I would have thought but over to you from here on in.

I have the carbon hardtop and hatch cover on order for my new 380 (collected last Friday - must get round to posting some pics!).  Personally, I don't care too much about the weight saving, if any. I would have thought that, if they were being honest, most buyers would be more driven by looks than mass.  The matte black hardtop looks a bit out of sorts with the carbon front cover, to my eye at least. And whilst the matte black meshed surround on the hatch cover will remain, I think the carbon hardtop and louvred section of hatch should make everything look more coherent.  Or at least it had better do, given the price of the bits!

Have to say I'm finding the running-in process quite frustrating, but the car feels strong even on light throttle openings and up to 4,000rpm.  Can't wait to see what it's like on WOT  B-)

1 hour ago, mickv said:

I have the carbon hardtop and hatch cover on order for my new 380 (collected last Friday - must get round to posting some pics!).  Personally, I don't care too much about the weight saving, if any. I would have thought that, if they were being honest, most buyers would be more driven by looks than mass. 

You are a BAD guy :) I have asked price for it too, most stupid decision ever not to do. 

1 hour ago, mickv said:

Have to say I'm finding the running-in process quite frustrating, but the car feels strong even on light throttle openings and up to 4,000rpm.  Can't wait to see what it's like on WOT  B-)

I am running in at 3500 max the first 500km next 5000 up to 4500 BUT I have another feeling. The car really feels slow on throttle, much slower as my Komotec before. I am a little disappointed, but ok it will know more during the weekend. I have a evening trip with my daughter in the Belgian Ardens tomorrow and afterwards have the 1000km, on Friday I go to the dealer to change oil and go full pull after it.

Titanium Exhaust: I don't hear a lot of noise at 3500rpm at all. 

2 hours ago, mickv said:

The matte black hardtop looks a bit out of sorts with the carbon front cover, to my eye at least. And whilst the matte black meshed surround on the hatch cover will remain, I think the carbon hardtop and louvred section of hatch should make everything look more coherent.

So when the new carbon rear hatch arrives, is it a complete new rear hatch? Or just the carbon louvres and dealer refits this to the original hatch? Therefore the plastic louvres become a spare?

www.alias23.com

6 hours ago, Jokke Vlo said:

I only can do at 500km, that is tomorrow (now at 493, no joke)

Interesting - I was not advised against using sport when running in and there is no such advice in the manual (I read it!). 

Does the titanium exhaust have a valve? 

Mine has standard exhaust and it sounds good in sport even up to 4,000 rpm. 

As to pace Jokke - it might just reflect what you were used to with your komotec equipped car. Bear in mind I drive xc90 most of the time!

6 hours ago, alias23 said:

So when the new carbon rear hatch arrives, is it a complete new rear hatch? Or just the carbon louvres and dealer refits this to the original hatch? Therefore the plastic louvres become a spare?

Yes - unfortunately it's just the louvres. The mesh style matte black surround remains. So my matte black louvres will be going up for sale - and your interest is noted! Think we've touched on this elsewhere a few weeks ago. :)

I agree, Seb's 380 looks good.  Nice reference to historic colours too!  

As an aside, I can't help feeling that Lotus missed out on some better product placement/marketing material in the background of the footage knowing how many views it is likely to get.