free hit
counters
Lotus Exige Sport 380 - Page 36 - V6 Exige Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

Lotus Exige Sport 380

I like the red and gold but think the gold on the barge boards and spoiler is maybe a step too far - looks a bit bright to my eye. But the highlights come as a pack so probably no choice. Basically the gold looks better next to the red than it does to the carbon IMO  

The body coloured hardtop looks great though.

And that red is nice. 

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Finally arrived at the dealer. Now waiting for pick up on 26/3 (business trip  ) Union Jack needs still to be placed as well as alcantara steering wheel and titanium exhaust. This is sent seperat

Well, almost there. No delivery date but I have to say this is looking like the dogs wotsits... Not sure what the net thing is in the boot? haven't/don't recall seeing that before.. And I ev

Ok here are my thoughts...please excuse writing style /ramblings.  I'd turned into a stuttering idiot by the time I'd got out of the car    Lotus Exige Sport 380   As I'm

Posted Images

Looks nice, I'm pleasantly surprised :)

17554013_1243346802450607_44537524315474

• Like 2

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

11 hours ago, mickv said:

Interesting - I was not advised against using sport when running in and there is no such advice in the manual (I read it!). 

Does the titanium exhaust have a valve? 

Mine has standard exhaust and it sounds good in sport even up to 4,000 rpm. 

As to pace Jokke - it might just reflect what you were used to with your komotec equipped car. Bear in mind I drive xc90 most of the time!

Yes - unfortunately it's just the louvres. The mesh style matte black surround remains. So my matte black louvres will be going up for sale - and your interest is noted! Think we've touched on this elsewhere a few weeks ago. :)

I had a paper from the dealer

0-500 km : max 3500rpm

500-1000: you can use sport and max 4500rpm.

I waited until 550km to press the sport button and what happened................................................. OMG, yes OMG what a HUGE difference. 

No Carbon package was a stupid decision. The titanium exhaust my best decision.

Just unbelievable, and I am talking to just 4000 rpm, tomorrow I will know what it give at 7000rpm. 

Car has 830km now, tonight I will add another 450 and tomorrow the car gets his normal oil and we can go full pull.

Acceleration: still not impressed at all atm. 

Edited by Jokke Vlo
  • Like 2

I think Seb Delaney's car looks good with the painted roof but would look better still without the eyeliner. I hope he takes it to Cortina for an FYEO photocall.

Jokke I think it's far too early to be judging the acceleration! If your previous car had 430kit then the only way you can be impressed by 380PS if if the Komotec power claim is greatly exaggerated. There's no reason to ecpect a 380 to be faster in a straight line but hopefully you'll be pleasantly surprised by how strong the motor is despite being, in theory, 50PS down on your last car. As a package you have good power, stronger brakes, more grip, better aero and a 3 year warranty! Hopefully the laptimes will show the strength of the package.

• Like 1
On March 28, 2017 at 08:40, 550superfast said:

What is the weight saving of the carbon roof versus the standard hard top? Anyone got any figures?

Same for the carbon front access panel. Thanks.

On March 29, 2017 at 00:07, alias23 said:

According to Komotec, based on their carbon hard top...

Weight: 5,3 kg, weight original part: 11 kg.

So circa 5.5kg saving.

I can't speak to the difference between the Lotus factory carbon roof and the standard item; but, in my case, I shed ~20 pounds (~9KG) going with a carbon "race" roof.  Of course, my carbon fibre roof was designed for use on a track car (so no weather seals/insulation/interior fabric/hardware concealing pads, etc) and came in at 8 pounds (~3.6KG).

While I can  understand the aesthetic appeal of carbon-fiber for some; for me, it would be all about "adding lightness".  B-)

• Like 1

Jack
2008 2-Eleven
2015 Exige V6 CupR
Track videos ... http://www.youtube.com/jackcup
2010 Lotus Challenge Series ULTRA Class champion
2012 Lotus CUP USA OPEN Class champion

15 hours ago, M4rk said:

As an aside, I can't help feeling that Lotus missed out on some better product placement/marketing material in the background of the footage knowing how many views it is likely to get.

You might be right. Over 72k views in less than 24 hours.......

Copper Fire (Bronze) surely?

You know, the FYEO Turbo Esprit with the ski rack and the gold stripes...

36 minutes ago, TonyKL said:

Anyone know if the carbon fibre bits are available seperately and are retrofittable?

If you are referring to the hardtop and louvred hatch section, then yes to both.  I have them both on order and the dealer is going to sort fitting for me.  Which might make it awkward to weigh standard and carbon, now I think about it.  I was hoping to settle the debate, at least in relation to the OEM parts.

If you are referring to barge board etc, then I don't know the answer.  Maybe call Bell & Collville - in my limited experience they are very knowledgeable and helpful.

5 minutes ago, mickv said:

If you are referring to barge board etc, then I don't know the answer.  Maybe call Bell & Collville - in my limited experience they are very knowledgeable and helpful.

Yes, you are probably right.  Maybe I don't want to know ! :-)

I'd like to think about the hatch, barge boards, front and rear splitter

22 hours ago, The Pits said:

I think Seb Delaney's car looks good with the painted roof but would look better still without the eyeliner.

Agree. I also like his reasoning about the colors overall, but imho there should not be any plastic black parts on a fully specced carbon car. Why are the canards and the back panel not in carbon in that case? I think that would look so much better and for the same reason I am not a fan of the matt black "eye liner" either. That red, the gold and carbon are three different colors that would have made that car look complete for me and not as all over the place as the matt black parts now make it appear.

Edited by kokostrollet

Agreed, it's the mix of finishes that makes the car look fussy. Eye liner is satin black, access panel is gloss carbon, cannards are matt black. Seb's car looks better for having the painted roof I think but carbon canards would also be a nice finishing touch. Eyeliner decals also make a nice bit of 3D sculpting around the lights look 2D so not for me but then again I really like the 360 Cup style pinstripe detailing.

The colour is Copper Fire as confirmed in his latest video. As was the idea that sport mode sharpens up the steering! :shock:

He's done the fuel filler cap ring gold as well. I've always slightly regretted that lotus didn't do the whole filler cap gold on mine, I reckon that will slightly annoy him after a little while (perhaps I'm just a bit OCD!)

17457420_1244737255644895_31141005481773

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT.