free hit
counters
Lotus Exige Sport 380 - Page 40 - V6 Exige Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

Lotus Exige Sport 380

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Finally arrived at the dealer. Now waiting for pick up on 26/3 (business trip  ) Union Jack needs still to be placed as well as alcantara steering wheel and titanium exhaust. This is sent seperat

Well, almost there. No delivery date but I have to say this is looking like the dogs wotsits... Not sure what the net thing is in the boot? haven't/don't recall seeing that before.. And I ev

Ok here are my thoughts...please excuse writing style /ramblings.  I'd turned into a stuttering idiot by the time I'd got out of the car    Lotus Exige Sport 380   As I'm

Posted Images

Thanks Jokke for keeping us posted. 

My fear is that at least some of the key issue you write about above (motor management etc) even solved with the 380 Cup now and even if you would have gone for the Cup (which you probably would have, had you known), you still have to take the car to a tuner (KT or whoever else) to adress those ... 

Looks to me like development is rushed now and marketing / margin management has taken over... 

What are you doing now with your 380?

don't want to start the Seb's debate again :blush:, but his 380 sounds really good, especially on this road (that I use to drive a lot when I was living there !) :P :

BTW, the car is essential... but the road is even more crucial :driving:!

• Like 1
On 22-4-2017 at 09:38, NW76 said:

Thanks Jokke for keeping us posted. 

My fear is that at least some of the key issue you write about above (motor management etc) even solved with the 380 Cup now and even if you would have gone for the Cup (which you probably would have, had you known), you still have to take the car to a tuner (KT or whoever else) to adress those ... 

Looks to me like development is rushed now and marketing / margin management has taken over... 

What are you doing now with your 380?

I think you are right. Nobody seems to see this quiet big "problem" and just talks about spoilers and colours. Seems driving is not important? :D

What to do with the 380: of course I have to keep him. It is a fun car on the road. On track is something else. 

• Like 2

Talking about colours! I saw 4 different ones yesterday so took a quick iphone video for anyone interested to see moving pictures. Added a couple more colours from existing Youtube clips for 6 in all. Thought a few might be interested.

I have to say the Sport 380 suddenly looks good value after crunching the numbers for the 380 Cup. Those with one on order can console themselves that the Cup is a LOT more and only 0.5secs faster around Hethel. I'm starting to like that rear wing now too...

• Gold FFM

I'd say it was light blue!

:sofa:Sorry, sorry, just could not resist. Been one of those shit days at work........

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

@SFO one of those blue ones (there were two) was the one I drove in the video. Both are Lotus Metallic Blue. Similar to Laser Blue. Essex Blue is a bit darker.

They're all nice. I've owned 3 blue Loti, but seem to be going through a prolonged green phase at the moment. I really like the Kawasaki Green, I also have the bike to go with it and used to have a Kawasaki KX250 motorcross bike in that colour (until it got stolen by pikeys). But Mrs Pits wouldn't go near it in that colour. Carbon Grey works blends in the best with the carbon panels, but an Exige is good excuse for something more vibrant. I actually really like the yellow one.

As for anyone worried about noise on trackdays I tried the Evora 400 with B&C's new titanium track exhaust, much quieter, the car is all forced induction, sucking in air like a giant hoover. Sounds much like the 350 cars do. It's missing the drama of the factory pipe but a great solution for turning the volume down on a 380 plus it's 10kg lighter.

4 minutes ago, The Pits said:

@SFO one of those blue ones (there were two) was the one I drove in the video. Both are Lotus Metallic Blue. Similar to Laser Blue. Essex Blue is a bit darker.

Thanks.

I mean the Evora in the background from around 26 secs to 30 secs in your video .. sort of a baby blue

• Gold FFM

Is that not Daytona Blue?

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

Sorry! Got 'Evora', blindness, this being an Exige thread.

That's Gulf Blue with white and orange stripes. I think it was voted the winner from a choice of Lotus Exclusive colours for on facebook a while back.

Daytona Blue is the Exige Cup 250 parked next to the Carbon Grey 380.

2 minutes ago, The Pits said:

Sorry! Got 'Evora', blindness, this being an Exige thread.

That's Gulf Blue with white and orange stripes. I think it was voted the winner from a choice of Lotus Exclusive colours for on facebook a while back.

Daytona Blue is the Exige Cup 250 parked next to the Carbon Grey 380.

thanks, I thought it looked like the Gulf Blue 380 Sport footage from Lotus.

Is Gulf Blue solid or metallic?

24 minutes ago, The Pits said:

As for anyone worried about noise on trackdays I tried the Evora 400 with B&C's new titanium track exhaust, much quieter, the car is all forced induction, sucking in air like a giant hoover. Sounds much like the 350 cars do. It's missing the drama of the factory pipe but a great solution for turning the volume down on a 380 plus it's 10kg lighter.

This sounds nice, what does it look like? Quicksilver exhausts that I've seen on their website were of somewhat unconventional design. :blush:  

I know what you mean!

It looks like a matt black twin round tip design. Nothing too unusual, quite smart actually, just like the 2bular carbon tips (except not carbon). There's probably a choice of tips anyway.

Should have taken a picture, I can arrange for some to be taken if you can't get to B&C to take a look and a listen yourself.

Can anyone post a link to the B&C track system for the 380?  Had a scoot around their website but couldn't find it.

I was wondering whether it would be possible to create a bolt on "muffler", similar to those I've seen on the 2bular site, but suitable for the single pipe design of the 380 (the monopigsnout).  These bolt on things generally things look awful, but compared with having to remove the rear clam and fit back box etc, I'd go for it if it exists/could be made to work.

There's an interesting scrap over on pistonheads about the 380 exhaust - Jim from 2bular seems to think it's garbage and, looking at the pics on the thread, I find myself agreeing, even though I love the animalistic bark of the it.  Hopefully I won't offend anyone if post the link:

https://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/topic.asp?h=0&f=15&t=1665749

• Gold FFM
1 hour ago, The Pits said:

Solid. Nice colour but needs orange somewhere.

It needs orange wheels!  Trust me. It will look stunning.

Can I ask a rather mundane questions to existing  380'owners....

So, I want to put PPF on the car so any recommendations to suppliers 3M for instance?

but the question is the canards. They have to come off to fit the film, so are they held with captive nuts?

Sorry it's not an LSD, Brake or shocks or engine question ... :sick:

thanks

Mark

Mark, if it's the same mounting as on the V6CupR, then the answer is yes ..... captive nut-certs in the clam and two allen head bolts (I believe 3mm) per canard

Jack
2008 2-Eleven
2015 Exige V6 CupR
Track videos ... http://www.youtube.com/jackcup
2010 Lotus Challenge Series ULTRA Class champion
2012 Lotus CUP USA OPEN Class champion