free hit
counters
Lotus Exige Sport 380 - Page 47 - V6 Exige Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

Lotus Exige Sport 380

4 hours ago, Mark030358 said:

@rs200evo

Its definitely "not normal", its just plain awful and really loud. If it was just a bit noisey, then fine, but its not. There are no other squeaks and rattles with the car, just perfect. It can't be the carbon seats themselves, so surely must be the frame mechanism/mounting that is moving around. Anyway, told Oakmere about it, so on 1000 mile service I'd expect it to get some TLC.

cheers

Mark

ps maybe I am a fat git 

Had the rocking problem on last Exige and even after 2 new sets of runners just as bad. It's a poor design.

There is a fix but it means locking seat in place ...e.g. You can't move it back or forth 

5 hours ago, rs200evo said:

I was approached by a new 250 Cup owner to ask if the seats in my 350 had any play in them. His drivers seat had a LOT of play in it, so seems the problems are always with the Cup seats. Dealer has been trying to tell him it's normal.....He was not a happy chap.

Previously owned :Exige 380,  Exige 350,  Evora 400,  Exige V6S,  Esprit GT3,  2-11 SC,  Evora S,  Elite 501

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Finally arrived at the dealer. Now waiting for pick up on 26/3 (business trip  ) Union Jack needs still to be placed as well as alcantara steering wheel and titanium exhaust. This is sent seperat

Well, almost there. No delivery date but I have to say this is looking like the dogs wotsits... Not sure what the net thing is in the boot? haven't/don't recall seeing that before.. And I ev

Ok here are my thoughts...please excuse writing style /ramblings.  I'd turned into a stuttering idiot by the time I'd got out of the car    Lotus Exige Sport 380   As I'm

Posted Images

Seat rocking was more common with the standard Exige V6 seats. Almost unheard of in a V6 Cup which was the first V6 car to feature the carbon seats. So I don't believe it has anything to do with the seats themselves. It would certainly annoy me but I've never had it with my car.

Do the cup seats have different runners , as that is where the poor design exists ?

Previously owned :Exige 380,  Exige 350,  Evora 400,  Exige V6S,  Esprit GT3,  2-11 SC,  Evora S,  Elite 501

I'd guess they are the same runners, I have this problem with my V6S.  Also, I think it Lotus changed the runners then they would be required to crash test the car again which is why TADTS.  Getting mine looked at as they now squeak and it feels like I'm hit in the back every time I change gear.

my seat was rocking a bit the beginning of my ownership... it was fixed by the workshop at 5,000 kms (but seat sliding, though harder, was still possible), and it didn't come back since (23,000 kms later) ! but sorry, I do not know what they did :blush: ...

The biggest squeak I have is the seatbelt latch rubbing against the "leather" of the seat. The latch has a strip of velcro fuzz up the front, but not the rear, where it rubs. I assume the velcro was there to secure a "leather" sleeve around the latch, that doesn't get fitted anymore. A small piece of velcro fuzz stuck to the rear edge of the latch prevents the squeak. That particular one, if you have it.

Noticed that my seat also rocks a bit under acceleration/hard braking. Interesting to hear it's a known fault. I can't say that I noticed it with my S2.

22 minutes ago, MartynB said:

The biggest squeak I have is the seatbelt latch rubbing against the "leather" of the seat. The latch has a strip of velcro fuzz up the front, but not the rear, where it rubs. I assume the velcro was there to secure a "leather" sleeve around the latch, that doesn't get fitted anymore. A small piece of velcro fuzz stuck to the rear edge of the latch prevents the squeak. That particular one, if you have it.

same for me, solved by a piece of foam, sticked to the latch (made a topic about that few months ago) ...

I assumed they were outsourced. Nice job if Lotus do them all in-house.

Spent much of the last 4 years in those seats, I think they're fantastic on road and track.

:thumbup:

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry if I missed it, but does anyone know what came of this?  Hadn't seen Jokke post much after this, but notice he's popped up on the GT430 thread today.  @Jokke Vlo did you get it resolved with Lotus?Thanks

rear diffusor.jpg

@Jokke Vlo I have my car back from last week and currently testing new things. But I can't share what.

Hi Jokke, I been wondering where you'd been, last thing you posted mentioned Komotec upgrades. Did you still plan on going that way? TBH if I keep this, then thats probably my route.

Anyway I'll be interested when you "Can Say" as your posts are usually very informed.

cheers

Mark

@Jokke Vlo WoW... Sorry to hear that....

Did you speak with Komotec about just a simple remap to let the engine rev?

thanks

Mark

On 21/4/2017 at 12:09, Jokke Vlo said:

So...... I went to Spa, in fact not planned at all. Got a phone call of an organisation that I could drive some sessions in the afternoon, so I jumped into the car and went there.

- Second lap of the day,  I decided to go in fifth gear on the radillon/eau rouge: the left tyre (lowered 1 cm in front) came hard into my left front body work even blocked the left wheel: not good. So I entered the car and brought the bump on the nitrons to 3 and rebound 4 all around. It was better but for the rest of the day it was impossible to go as fast as I wanted or the car could do here. It is clear the downforce is better, higher cornering speed is possible but the SPRINGS of the Nitron suspension seems really to soft !

- Fuel tank of 48 is still a joke on this car. 

Since you drove it at SPA can you comment on the noise emission levels? Are they really above regulations? Anybody complained there?

Concerning fuel tank: how many laps you can do at SPA with that full?

Thanks!

On 27/3/2017 at 22:58, Jokke Vlo said:

Finally in house, still some details to do. Can't say a lot as I am running it in. No noise at all from the Titanium Exhaust.

A pity I didn't took the full carbon option :(

IMG_3036.JPG

IMG_3040.JPG

IMG_3051.JPG

Hi all,

I am trying to figure out what is the best color I can fit on the car if I decide to go. Can you please help me to clarify the difference between: Carbon Grey, Graphite Grey, Metallic Dark Grey??

What is the name of the above color? Is the same of this video?

Do you have examples of the others?

Many thanks!

It is all the same I think :D

On 23-7-2017 at 11:12, Cristiano said:

Since you drove it at SPA can you comment on the noise emission levels? Are they really above regulations? Anybody complained there?

Concerning fuel tank: how many laps you can do at SPA with that full?

Thanks!

I had no troubles at Spa. Fuel tank is catastrofic..... I think it is about 15-17 laps. 

17 hours ago, stephenwhyte said:

They'll both be Carbon Grey I reckon. 

A dealer told me that Carbon Grey and Dark Metallic Grey are the same. Graphite I think is a bit blueish.. 

I think that with gold color contrast would be fantastic.

1 hour ago, Jokke Vlo said:

It is all the same I think

I had no troubles at Spa. Fuel tank is catastrofic..... I think it is about 15-17 laps. 

I make that 73 miles to a full tank which apparently is a 40 litre capacity! Really!!!??:o 

Tracking is clearly expensive!

Edit : it gets worse.......apparently the 380 has a 48 litre tank!:lol:

1 hour ago, Jokke Vlo said:

It is all the same I think :D

Good to know! I start to see videos of this car in Hockenheim, Spa, and others. Maybe is just a bit below the limits, which is sufficient enough. In the worse case scenario, Komotec told me they make a sport silencer to reduce the noise a bit.

@Jokke, I have another question for you: a part from the aero pack, do you think your 380 Sport lack anything with respect to a Cup version? I mean, engine, camber, gearbox..

Those 60 kg of downforce for sure are appealing although I don't think they make a huge difference.