free hit
counters
Lotus Exige Sport 380 - Page 51 - V6 Exige Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

Lotus Exige Sport 380

• Gold FFM

Warranty or not, if the component failed prematurely or was not of reasonable quality they should repair or replace. There woukd be a strong argument under UK consumer law through sales of goods act, cannot believe the protection would be less in the EU.

Pity poor show for Lotus / Janspeed to walk away or, have I missed something?

• Like 2

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Finally arrived at the dealer. Now waiting for pick up on 26/3 (business trip  ) Union Jack needs still to be placed as well as alcantara steering wheel and titanium exhaust. This is sent seperat

Well, almost there. No delivery date but I have to say this is looking like the dogs wotsits... Not sure what the net thing is in the boot? haven't/don't recall seeing that before.. And I ev

Ok here are my thoughts...please excuse writing style /ramblings.  I'd turned into a stuttering idiot by the time I'd got out of the car    Lotus Exige Sport 380   As I'm

Posted Images

Jokke, wonder if that's why your diffuser melted with escaping hot gas, IIRC it was the same side.

I'd rather believe in the exhaust being faulty and overly restrictive, this can definitely lead to a less flow at the high revs (less power) with higher temperature, which will in turn reduce power even further. Then the product of pressure and rising temperature is a hole in the exhaust.

Worth reading this thread on Pistonheads which shows the difference of the 2.5" restrictive pipe on the 350, versus down to 1.875" on the 380....

Also the comments on the very poor welding quality exhibited

https://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/topic.asp?h=0&t=1665749&r=35572340&hm=27032&mid=27032#35572340

Is the no warranty coverage from an official response? How would that even be questioned on a new car?

53 minutes ago, Jokke Vlo said:

Sorry guys I did not ask warranty as it would take too long and the response is unsure. So We never will know it is. I guess yes as the mistake is clear 

You have lost me. I'm out. 

1 hour ago, Jokke Vlo said:

Sorry guys I did not ask warranty as it would take too long and the response is unsure. So We never will know it is. I guess yes as the mistake is clear 

That is an odd thing to say ... given the cost of the Ti exhaust surely you'd want some answers, replacement, or refund at least?

www.alias23.com

@Jokke Vlo I would definitely get another Ti back box out of Lotus in any event, must be an easy €3000 or more to sell on afterwards, even if you don't plan to use it.

• Gold FFM
1 hour ago, Jokke Vlo said:

OMG my English writing yesterday even worse as in the past :) SORRY 

I ONLY speak English (cos the rest of the world does too! :devil: ) and I found nothing wrong with your posts. I understood them fully. Keep them coming and keep sharing your opinions. I might not agree with them all, but I value the insights and observations you contribute.  

Just please rememember not to use Z's where S's are appropiate. That a muffler is something usually made of fur that women use to keep their hands warm. A hood is something you find on a coat. A trunk is a large storage box usually full of clothes or memorabilia in a garage or Attic. Football is a game of two halves that involves actually using your foot to control a round ball.  Baseball is just rounders with a fascination for statistics. And a Sudan (sic) is a country in Africa. The language of our American cousins is merely a bastardised poor excuse of the original.  :sofa: 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

3 hours ago, Jokke Vlo said:

OMG my English writing yesterday even worse as in the past :) SOR

Jokke, keep the information coming re the 460 upgrade.... great posts for me.

cheers

KT has decided to stop conversion and resolve the exhaust first. I am indeed affraid it will occur again.

So now it is waiting untill this problem is resolved. Lotus is positive on resolve the problem, but it seems it will take time to find the right parts.

Other remarkable thing: the rear sub frame of a 380 is seriously different from a 350 (stronger).

I had assumed KT would be fitting their own exhaust system for a EX460 setup. Surely that wouldn't be able to fail in the same way. Maybe I'm missing something?

Any details on what is different about the subframe? Sounds intriguing.