free hit
counters
Less noise please!!!! - Engine & Ancillaries/Gearbox - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

As many of you will know, i bought my V6 to develop parts as well as attending track days. I have been black flagged at Brands with the standard pig snout exhaust and also 'had a chat' with the n

Little update for you all. Went to Blyton today for a few noise tests Loudest drive by was 89.2 dbs on there fixed noise meter. Ishy also drove the car for me and I have to say it still

Yes Doing a back to back on Thursday ( hopefully) using a full on proper 4wheel dyno. Also logging AFRs and a few other bits and bobs.

Looks good and so glad someone has done this. Seen them to Lotus, they clearly know nothing about exhaust tech for their track day cars.

Trevor.

I'll get around to it at some point.

Well done Dave :thumbup:

Looks great, have you been able to build this exhaust without the need for packing like the 2bular track one ?

Price looks like it's going to be very reasonable too B-) 

Fantastic work Dave. Not for me at the minute as I'm a big chav at heart and love noisey exhausts but maybe in the future when my car becomes more track orientated.

For those of you who already have a track focussed v6 here is the solution you have been crying out for.

16 hours ago, rasasoufe said:

I'm iterested in this!

I guess it also weighs less than the sandard silencer?

Not a lot less at the moment sadly!! Had the standard one on the scales last night and it was 16.8kgs, this new one is only 0.5 kgs less at 16.3kgs

But I wanted quiet, will noise test as soon as I can and look at reducing the weight a bit!!

19 hours ago, Crouchy said:

For those of you who already have a track focussed v6 here is the solution you have been crying out for.

Thanks Crouchy, but lets wait until ive done some hard use mileage!!!!!

5 hours ago, Seriouslylotus said:

Thanks Crouchy, but lets wait until ive done some hard use mileage!!!!!

Having met you Dave you don't come across as the sort of person to give up on something. I'm sure if this one isn't quite up to the job you will develop another that is. Either way you will be the man to go to once the r&d is done.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm keeping an eye on this one. I got black flagged at Brands this week for noise. Weird one as I had done a few long sessions earlier on with no issue, I'm guessing maybe as the sun dried out some of the key braking zones I was committing a little bit more than before and using the final few revs available. Apparently I was 2dB over.

I completed the rest of the day short-shifting, which was a mild hassle. After a year of tracking the Cup every month (including Brands as its 2nd trackday in Feb or March), this has been my first real noise issue.

Any opinions guys was hoping to do brands this Sunday with the standard exhaust but doesn't look promising if several of you have been black flagged in the last few weeks? 

Also looks like I'd be interested in this as well!! 

• 1 month later...
46 minutes ago, Trevsked said:

That's great news, will the car be put on a dyno and has it had a before dyno figure?

Trevor.

Yes

Doing a back to back on Thursday ( hopefully) using a full on proper 4wheel dyno.

Also logging AFRs and a few other bits and bobs.

• Like 1

89 on the drive by is still relatively loud and would get you black flagged at Bedford. I've been fine on the standard exhaust there. How far away is the noise meter at Blyton? What was the static reading? 

15 minutes ago, Gashead1105 said:

89 on the drive by is still relatively loud and would get you black flagged at Bedford. I've been fine on the standard exhaust there. How far away is the noise meter at Blyton? What was the static reading? 

Blyton don't offer a static test so that still needs to be done, however the pig snout  got me black flagged at Brands.....I fitted the Lotus sports exhaust on the same day and that passed but with me now short shifting at the noise meter area.

This new silencer on my car is significantly quitter than any other V6 I have heard on circuit bar non....I fully understand it wont be for everyone, I started the project because I want to drive my 360 Cup as lotus intended and that's not possible on track for me with either of the Lotus offering.