free hit
counters
James Bond Esprit Turbo - Page 15 - Esprit Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Lotusfab

James Bond Esprit Turbo

1 hour ago, Andyww said:

Thats true, could have been any of those!

Have to compare the picture to a similar view of a car with a roof stereo but I can see no hint of one which I would have thought I would.  

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

I was thinking the same thing

I always thought it was interesting that it appears the black middle band on this car only continues onto the rear spoiler section....maybe with black paint.

You can see it clearly on the front 3/4 shot too.

On 05/04/2019 at 18:57, LJR said:

I was thinking the same thing

Hard to tell - photo below from thepits youtube video...

H1t7t4.png

On 05/04/2019 at 08:54, PhilW said:

Have to compare the picture to a similar view of a car with a roof stereo but I can see no hint of one which I would have thought I would.  

Difficult to tell. From my car, the lowest point of the stereo is exactly level with the top of the window glass so it is not visible from that angle unless you can clearly see into the car, it does not show in outline.

About that black strip on the side of the rear spoiler, this photo car would have been tweaked. It also sits a little lower than standard cars, maybe they removed the rubber spring platforms. The strip could have been painted or taped during the shot to make it look better.

20190408_090205.jpg

Agree. From Andys picture it seems the radio can easily blend in.  I just expected it to drop down further.  Obviously not.

19 hours ago, Andyww said:

Difficult to tell. From my car, the lowest point of the stereo is exactly level with the top of the window glass so it is not visible from that angle unless you can clearly see into the car, it does not show in outline.

About that black strip on the side of the rear spoiler, this photo car would have been tweaked. It also sits a little lower than standard cars, maybe they removed the rubber spring platforms. The strip could have been painted or taped during the shot to make it look better.

20190408_090205.jpg

Andy what has been done to your leather over the years? Has it been treated/cleaned?

3 hours ago, Lex Templar said:

Andy what has been done to your leather over the years? Has it been treated/cleaned?

It had a full treatment when the previous owner, a friend, bought it but that was in 1985. It stood it in good stead though. Also I think it helped the leather to last that he kept it in a very damp garage so it never dried out. I would not recommend that approach though!

Being garaged all its life has prevented the red turning orange, as it does in the sun.

Have that in my collection and the other one.

download (2).jpg

"Auto expert Dan Jedlicka tested one of the cars and says that 'the Ferrari seems like a truck in comparison' "

I tempted fate...now my Esprit V8 IS in bits...(sob)

On 12/04/2019 at 07:38, Andyww said:

Have that in my collection and the other one.

download (2).jpg

The car and the model? I'm impressed :D

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Fridge said:

The car and the model? I'm impressed :D

Is the model still looking as good aged about 60? If so then I am extremely jealous...

I tempted fate...now my Esprit V8 IS in bits...(sob)

On 05/04/2019 at 18:28, LJR said:

PPK 65X had been painted blue, has it been changed back to white? Also I did a DVLA check of chassis vs reg no. before GDPR when there were ways to access their database and OPW 667W aka Whiteheat is 0928. 0954 I believe is in the US

Hi Lucas,

Do you have any more info regarding #954 being in the US? 

cheers,

Lex