free hit
counters
James Bond Esprit Turbo - Page 16 - Esprit Chat - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

James Bond Esprit Turbo

• 2 weeks later...

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 407
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Taken at the 1983 Lotus Founders Day. 

Found this on a Bond forum, an article by Don Mac. This confirms that 2 copper cars were taken to Cortina but the description only mentions one actually being used for filming.  

Hi Guys, Here is the information I have uncovered which was too late to be included in the book. The info is a little different to Brian’s info but makes complete sense and also ties into Jeremy

Posted Images

• 4 weeks later...

My old dry sump 1147 also had white mirrors.

Just to refresh my memory this car was only used post-production for publicity? The description in the ad is somewhat fanciful :)

4 minutes ago, Andyww said:

My old dry sump 1147 also had white mirrors.

Just to refresh my memory this car was only used post-production for publicity? The description in the ad is somewhat fanciful :)

It was a film launch promo tool with 0930 so no screen time for this one. Andy Graham confirmed it left the factory with an N/A engine. 

• Like 1

Still what great value at the time, surprised they even had to advertise that one as thought it would have been snapped up quickly. Shame these cars end up in museums not being run for decades.

Good find Lex 👍🏻

• Like 1

Do or do not, there is no try! 

• 1 month later...
On 21/06/2020 at 08:34, PhilC said:

Fascinating thread and I just wanted to add something which always fascinated me. Around 1984 I was working special events at Eastbourne Council and the Lotus Esprit Turbo 'a real James Bond car' was the star of that year's motorshow. Thrilled that I got to sit in and actually move the car a little whilst setting up and it has always been one of my few claims to fame. I believe it was plated OPW678W and had the Olin skis mounted, tan hide interior and steering wheel and what I remember most was the roof mounted stereo (either Alpine or Blaupunkt but leaning towards Alpine from my fuzzy memory). Gorgeous looking car and I treasured the photos that I took of it for years. Alas I have no idea where they might be now, but will make an effort to find them. From reading most of the thread It sounds as though this may, or may not have been used in the film but would love to know for certain

Hi Phil, We would love to see some photos of you are lucky enough to lay your hands on them. There are not that many from period, so any that do pop are are an absolute delight. 
cheers,

Lex.

• 1 month later...
On 28/11/2016 at 07:51, Lotusfab said:

Thanks Dan. Think I might make them myself. I made a mould for the gearstick tunnel on my S1 and it came out pretty good. The problem with this will be getting the original design measured and photographed. Recent carriers I have seen aren't much like the original. I may contact the Deezer museum, confirm they have the car and see if they will send me some pictures and measurements. If not I may have to pop over to Miami. 

Hi

Did you manage to do the ski carriers, as i would like them too.

Regards Dan

Hi Dan,

for two and a half years I have been working on these racks and have just Got both mechanisms working yesterday! I have been fibreglassing the fixings today. They are still not finished! I expect to fix them to the car over the next few days and then they will be taken off and sent for spraying.  It has been an epic journey, sadly I will never make another set as the man hours have been astronomical! I can’t begin to tell you how difficult and time consuming it is to make a working version of a film prop!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
4 hours ago, Lex Templar said:

An absolute beauty of 10929 at the Continental Night Club in Liverpool in the mid 80’s.

83AFA13B-570D-443B-82D9-D2013FD66A52.jpeg

What happened to opening a door for a lady? (Esp when in full view of everyone!) 😉