free hit
counters
Only 45 Hethel Edition? - Evora Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
CocoPops

Only 45 Hethel Edition?

Found this in the service parts guide:

MODEL HISTORY MILESTONES

Evora 400 Introduction:

First deliveries commence August 2015 at vin digit 7 V = 2GR-FE Supercharged (298kW) First Evora 400 Production VIN: SCCLMDVU8GHC10024

See Technical Service Bulletin 2015/07 for full details.

Evora 400 50th Anniversary Special Edition: June 2016

Limited Edition Evora 400, celebrating 50 years of Hethel factory

15 cars in each colour Essex Blue with silver bodyside stripes, Motorsport Black, and Racing Green with yellow bodyside stripes, Black or Red interior trim in leather or Alcantara. Lightweight silver forged aluminium wheels, and black red or yellow brake callipers. 

Currently Owned: 2018 Lotus Elise Sport 220 in Metallic Blue, Alcantara Pack, Forged Wheels, 2piece brakes, AirCon, Hard/Soft Tops, Red Calipers, Stereo, Interior Colour Pack, NVH Pack, Carpets, Mats.
Previously Owned: 2016 Lotus Evora 400 'Hethel Edition' in Essex Blue, Red Leather, Red Calipers, Silver Forged Wheels
Previously Owned: 2010 Lotus Evora NA in Solar Yellow, Sports Pack, Tech Pack, "Heritage Edition" Recaro Seats
Follow my Lotus journey here: http://www.FaceBook.com/HandmadeInHethel

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

In the future I bet people will pay extra for the super rare ones with the stripes left on haha

• Like 1

James Martin (JayEmm)
Director of Photography & Car Enthusiast

Follow my Lotus adventure online! www.jayemm.com

Just now, JayEmm said:

In the future I bet people will pay extra for the super rare ones with the stripes left on haha

I know, better get a set made up ready to refit eh? :lol:

I was just surprised it's 45, not 50 as a round number and as that's the actual anniversary number.

Currently Owned: 2018 Lotus Elise Sport 220 in Metallic Blue, Alcantara Pack, Forged Wheels, 2piece brakes, AirCon, Hard/Soft Tops, Red Calipers, Stereo, Interior Colour Pack, NVH Pack, Carpets, Mats.
Previously Owned: 2016 Lotus Evora 400 'Hethel Edition' in Essex Blue, Red Leather, Red Calipers, Silver Forged Wheels
Previously Owned: 2010 Lotus Evora NA in Solar Yellow, Sports Pack, Tech Pack, "Heritage Edition" Recaro Seats

Should tell us a lot about Evora sales though as there was a period when every new car someone came on here with was a Hethel Edition.

James Martin (JayEmm)

So I guess there never were 45 Hethels...

IMG_3699.JPG

There was a short while where it felt like every Evora sold was a "Hethel", I am surprised they say so few?

James Martin (JayEmm)

Interestingly, I've just read the accompanying letter...

"There were 16 Motorsport Black, 5 for UK. 10 Racing Green, 4 for UK. 16 Essex Blue, 6 of which were for UK." Mine was the last of the 6 UK cars.

So 42 Hethel Edition cars in total, but only 15 in UK across the three colours.

So basically I have the rarest of the rare. :thumbsup:  2 of the 3 other owners also on here.

I thought the Hethels were UK only.

• Like 1

A Lotus is for driving, pork is for breakfast.

I really like the gulf edition colour scheme. Can't see people paying more for it or the hethel edition though as there is no more carbon, tuning or kit.

£75 from Lotus, or Free when buying a TLF Gold membership.

:lol:

Come on... man maths says it's worth it,

£75 for certificate from .Lotus and £25 Full TLF membership.....

or £100 TLF Gold inc. a free certificate..... and a Gold name in here :lol:

• Like 2

Yep. Makes a lot of sense (unless you've already got a certificate). :whistle:

PS FFM is 'only' £20. That gold font cost you a lady. 

we own Lotus' what's a lady between friends :lol:

12 minutes ago, CocoPops said:

we own Lotus' what's a lady between friends :lol:

An evenings questionable entertainment. :getmecoat:

what do you take us for, footballers. 

• Like 1

A Lotus is for driving, pork is for breakfast.

On 24/03/2017 at 23:36, Colin P said:

So basically I have the rarest of the rare. :thumbsup:  2 of the 3 other owners also on here.

I thought the Hethels were UK only.

Surprised so little but as Colin says, happy days having something so rare. Especially when it has the black forged alloys instead B-)

Indeed, you've taken something rare... and ruined it with black wheels :P

Haha. I made it look like the aggressive beast it is. It's just too nice with the standard wheels. I don't do nice :devil: