free hit
counters
Interior Power Door Lock switch - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Ok, I have accepted the fact that the car does not have an interior power door lock switch. Is there any documentation that shows how to install a power door lock switch?

actwon

------

'14 Nike Shox

'12 Range Rover Sport

'01 Esprit V8

'95 Ducati 916

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, I have accepted the fact that the car does not have an interior power door lock switch.  Is there any documentation that shows how to install a power door lock switch?

If it's the same as the S4 and models since, the power door locks should respond when you flip the internal lock on the door. Does it work with the key?

DanR

If it's the same as the S4 and models since, the power door locks should respond when you flip the internal lock on the door. Does it work with the key?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well, I've flipped the lock when I was inside the car and it didn't lock both sides. Never tried it with the key.

actwon

------

'14 Nike Shox

'12 Range Rover Sport

'01 Esprit V8

'95 Ducati 916

Well, I've flipped the lock when I was inside the car and it didn't lock both sides.  Never tried it with the key.

That's my experience too (I have a Sport 350), however, the door lock switching gear is off a Vauxhall Calibra (Used to have one of them) and in that if you locked the drivers door the passenger door would lock too - so it must be possible to do since the gear is the same?

Dave - 2000 Sport 350
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey guys,

Well I've been researching both one-touch windows (for U.S. version Esprits) and the Central door lock issue.

As for the door locks, you are correct. When opening or closing the driver side door, the passenger side should follow. From my research, seems that Lotus may have upgraded or changed the Cobra Alarm system sometime between '98-'99. The Central Door lock features seem to have been affected. From what I understand, Lotus may not even have been aware of this issue until feedback from buyers. OR, they might have just kept it quiet and waited to see what happened ;) Either way, I've been working closely with :) (can't say) and trying to correct the problem. More on that as I receive more info myself.

As for one-touch windows, seems the U.S. version Esprits may not have included them due to strict regulations or liability issues. Therefore, we've found the US Esprits to be missing 2 or 3 parts/modules that make the one-touch operation possible. I easily correct the problem by installing the following:

http://www.autotechalarms.com/inc/pdetail?v=1&pid=938

Tried 4 different models. These were the EASIEST to install, and operated perfectly and exactly how I wanted. You tap the button down/up, windows fully lowers/raises. If yo want to stop it while lowering/raising, simply tap the button in the reverse direction and it stops. Only thing is that you will find the directions to say NOT to "clip the looped red wire" for a car setup like the Esprits on the units. We found that you DO need to clip them, then everything works FINE!

So far, so good!

The Iceman

'02 Azure Esprit #094

Hey guys,

Well I've been researching both one-touch windows (for U.S. version Esprits) and the Central door lock issue. 

As for the door locks, you are correct.  When opening or closing the driver side door, the passenger side should follow.  From my research, seems that Lotus may have upgraded or changed the Cobra Alarm system sometime between '98-'99.  The Central Door lock features seem to have been affected.  From what I understand, Lotus may not even have been aware of this issue until feedback from buyers. OR, they might have just kept it quiet and waited to see what happened  :D  Either way, I've been working closely with  :D (can't say) and trying to correct the problem.  More on that as I receive more info myself.

As for one-touch windows, seems the U.S. version Esprits may not have included them due to strict regulations or liability issues.  Therefore, we've found the US Esprits to be missing 2 or 3 parts/modules that make the one-touch operation possible.  I easily correct the problem by installing  the following:

http://www.autotechalarms.com/inc/pdetail?v=1&pid=938

Tried 4 different models.  These were the EASIEST to install, and operated perfectly and exactly how I wanted.  You tap the button down/up, windows fully lowers/raises.  If yo want to stop it while lowering/raising, simply tap the button in the reverse direction and it stops.  Only thing is that you will find the directions to say NOT to "clip the looped red wire" for a car setup like the Esprits on the units.  We found that you DO need to clip them, then everything works FINE!

So far, so good!

The Iceman

'02 Azure Esprit #094

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I will be very interested in hearing the results on your research.

Edited by actwon

actwon

------

'14 Nike Shox

'12 Range Rover Sport

'01 Esprit V8

'95 Ducati 916