free hit
counters
bye bye Nico - Motorsport & Trackdays - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Jenson for Mercedes.......  

Interesting. Alonso to Mercedes and Hamilton to McLaren haha...... Would love to see Button do a year in the Mercedes. hat would be so cool with Hammy the Hipster. I don;t get the hat for Ha

Really shocked. He was in bits after the race. I wonder if coming second to Hamilton for 25 years has just become too much. He said that he had to give it everything this season and that he's not prep

Posted Images

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

• Gold FFM

Interesting. Alonso to Mercedes and Hamilton to McLaren haha......

Would love to see Button do a year in the Mercedes. hat would be so cool with Hammy the Hipster.

I don;t get the hat for Hammy. I know he can be a bit of a cock sometimesa, jeez, can't we all, but as another commentator said yesterday, he drove with dignity at Abu Dhabi as he could have forced Rosberg alongside at any popint and shunted him off etc. He drove hard, but clean and as they said, totally NOT like a Prost, Schumacher or even a Senna!

• Like 2

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

Really shocked. He was in bits after the race. I wonder if coming second to Hamilton for 25 years has just become too much. He said that he had to give it everything this season and that he's not prepared to dig that deep again next year. On one hand that's very honest and dignified of him to be so straight with the team. On the other hand this season has really done him in. It would appear he's not as mentally tough as everyone has been saying.

CONSPIRACY MODE: I reckon someone at Merc admitted to him that they pressed the destruct button on Hamilton's engine in Malaysia. They needed a German to win for Mercedes and did it this year just in case the other teams caught up with the rule change next year. He discovered that F1 is a total sham and that his championship is worthless. He can't stick the sport any more and quit.

• Like 2

Toto: "Nico, you know we can't do this again next year right? People will notice."
Nico: "It's ok, I've had a chat with my dad and he's advised me not to do what he did and let people see he didn't really deserve it. So I'm doing a runner while some of them think I'm good..."

:scared::scared::scared::scared:

SO LONG BRITNEY!!!

:scared::scared::scared::scared:

Ultimate admission that he knows he can't handle Lewis if you ask me. Anyway, that's a BIG seat to find a backside for. Surely Fernando is currently looking through his contract VERY closely indeed. And you can be certain that the Hulk is feeling extremely peeved right now!

Fernando should be in that seat though. He's the only one who could give Lewis a proper challenge. See wouldn't go for it, he's already shown his backside because of some bloke who drinks out of a shoe!

:D

Interesting times in F1. 

Oh and good to see the French GP back at Paul Ricard. 

• Like 1

Come back Pastor Maldonado: all is forgiven!

This is actually very unusual. The F1 seat merry-go-round is usually all done and dusted by September. I would be more than a bit p!$$ed off if I was Toto. Nico has not just left them in the lurch, his retirement will also screw up another team when Mercedes come looking to poach their principal driver.

Just watching the press conference, sounds like earache from the Mrs is the main reason for quitting!

He's giving up F1 at 31 for a lifetime of being bossed around my Mrs Rosberg. He'll soon be wishing for the days when he only got grief from Lewis Hamilton! "I"m very, very excited. She'll have her husband back and I'll be a Dad again."

Hate to break it to you Nico but after racing cars for a living you ain't going to find that exciting for very long! Lewis dumps Sherzy and breezes to a third world title... I think there's a pattern here...

What a waste, at least do one season with the Number 1 on the car. He seems to think that unless he's giving it 100% he won't win again. He's forgotten that you can win in a Merc with one hand on the wheel. Lewis drove as slowly as possible in Abu Dhabi and still won the race!

• Like 1

What he means is he knows 100% from him isn't good enough. Pretty much all tracks, Lewis has a .2 to .3 advantage on him. He's no chance if Lewis's car works. 

I just want to see a new team mate that can really push Lewis properly. 

Also, I have to say, if I was Toto or Paddy I'd be extremely unhappy about this turn of events. Puts them in a real pickle for next year. Quite possibly a very expensive pickle. 

• Like 1

Well I think Alonso's contract is pretty watertight and would be a very expensive buy out for Mercedes, plus Hamilton may not be very happy about having him as a team mate again.

Vettel has an equally tight contract / expensive buy out

Ricciardo and Verstappen would be mad to leave Red Bull with a major rule change

Bottas again an expensive buy out - out of contract next year so just wait for him

Button cheaper to buy out, and no race seat next year to get in the way as well as being a very effective team mate to Hamilton for 3 years. One year contract in a potentially championship winning car. Must be tempting....

Edited by gregs24

Alonso will be doing everything in his power for that seat. He's only been killing time at McLaren while trying to line up another shot at the title. They all know that next seasons winner is very likely to be in a Merc and Alonso doesn't have the luxury of being able to wait much longer.

Funny how things change, he'd be the number two in Lewis's team this time round! I seriously doubt Lewis would let him have the seat. Then again I never thought in a million years that McLaren would have him back.

• Gold FFM

Everyone's saying they want Alonso in Nico's car to really push Lewis.

Do you? Really? Really reaaly really?

I say this because if it happens this same "everyone" will probably be the group who will spend 2017 moaning their arses off about how boring and predictable F1 is as the worlds two best drivers in the best car drive way off the front into the distance at EVERY race.

Put one of the young drivers in and build for the future. Makes the constructors harder for Mercedes to win and maybe gives Hamilton the chance to mature a little and take a youngster under his wing and help build a future DWC.

Just a different view.

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

I can't really see Merc putting anyone inexperienced in one of their cars if it could jeopardise their chances of winning the constructor's championship once more. Alonso is a safe pair of hands, but I do think that Verstappen looks to be truly exceptional, if relatively inexperienced. Verstappen has a similar disregard for authority as Hamster, so I wonder whether Merc would want two dissidents in the camp, or whether they would prefer someone who would just follow orders.

Margate Exotics.

Bottas must be candidate ,williams use the mercedes engine and could be offered preferential terms,and could be swapped for Wehrlein

hindsight: the science that is never wrong

OK then question for everyone. Who would you sign for Merc given the choice of anyone?

Ricciardo would be less incendiary than Alonso but probably not really any less effective over a season. I'd give him the seat.

This is hardly surprising. Get out when you are on top don't they say, Nico is not Lewis or Seb, he doesn't have the same instinct. 

I think Pascal Wherlein is about to get a nice brand new Mercedes AMG F1 racer for Christmas. He's the most suitable candidate out there in my opinion, he will be the perfect understudy for a couple of years untill Lewis goes back to McLaren, and in two years time both Pascal and Esteban Ocon will have enough under their belt to form a solid line up for Mercedes AMG F1

• Gold FFM

Lauda says "we will have a better driver than Nico for 2017".

Bit harsh that given what looked to me like Lauda did everythink possible to ensure a Nico WDC.

And they say women can turn nasty... ;)

Well Nico made sure they could not hire a top gun for next year...  There's no way Vettel or Alonso can walk on their contract at this point, their options are up.  Hulkenberg is now with Renault, Bottas has reupped with Williams. Perez is set to stay with Force India but he could potentially walk out on this deal. Grosjean is locked in at Haas and I don't think he'd be on the Wolff's list. Button and Massa are now retired even though Button has an option for 2018, with McLaren which should not grant him walking rights as he's set to work with the team as a test driver.

In the end this should be for the best, it will be much easier for the team to handle Lewis as their sole #1 driver next year.  Mercedes have no less than 2 up and coming drivers on the grid. One being all tucked in for next year at Force India and the other one has been pretty vocal lately about being unhappy as he was overlooked by the Silverstone team, and with Manor Racing future  still up in the air, and Sauber not being that great an option all things considered.  Bringing him  home to Brackley may be the most logical move.