free hit
counters
Vacuum pump runs continuously - Page 2 - Engine/Ancilliaries - The Lotus Forums - Lotus Community Partner #ForTheOwners Jump to content

IGNORED

Vacuum pump runs continuously

AndersL

VacuumLinesForLotusAir.GIF

I don't understand why they've drawn the diagram like that. My pipe comes up the "A" pillar and goes from right to left. The T-piece points the other way. The mode flap valve is visible from the footwell, if you look behind the centre console. The fresh air valve is probably only visible with the radio out.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

this weekend I take away a little of the interior, for that way to access the 2 valves and small connections under the dashboard. on my car is it completely impossible to get to them, the tunnel behind the radio is located a big metal box that hides the vacuum valves

interior trim.pdf

• Gold FFM

I find it quite easy to get to these after removing the heater panel/controls.  If that's not enough, just remove the centre console (Part 1) itself.  Or maybe we need to see a photo describing your issue?

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.

ok, I sat yesterday and looked a little how it was put together, then I seemed to see that I had to remove part 2 in pdf file before the part one, but if you know it goes nicely with just part1, then it is even easier, thank you for made me aware

• 10 months later...
  • Gold FFM
11 minutes ago, Beinmymirror said:

I believe the pump I have is a GM 1992 vintage pump. I thought Hella was another manufacturer of the same.

Yes, I think Hella do make something very similar, it may even be identical. You could use either as a replacement unit.

Margate Exotics.

Hi 

I have a 1989 turbo and my pump ran continuously, draining the battery. It was the purge motor faulty causing the relay to lock itself in th eon position.  My relay was located in the boot

Cheers

DC

Ignore that.  I have just reread your post saying it is a vacuum pump problem.

Edited by David Corns
misread original post