free hit
counters
Merc seat poll - Motorsport & Trackdays - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

Merc seat poll  

31 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

hot news off the press

Posted Images

• Gold FFM

You forgot my name. :stuart:

I really have no idea though. They might be inclined to go for a driver that offers less risk of the rivalry we saw this year, but can still help them win the constructors championship.

I have made many mistakes in my life. Buying a multiple Lotus is not one of them.

Alonso? He betrayed Mercedes McLaren once, how likely is Zetsche to give him another chance. 

If you have the choice between a Stairway to Heaven and a Highway to Hell don't forget the Nomex®!

Captain,  Lotus Airways. We fly lower! 

I think they have to be careful.  I can see them going for a younger driver that will all a more harmonious team without the trouble lewis/nico caused however I think they need someone to be scoring highly as next year will be more competitive.  Might want another German, perhaps Hulk?

I think it's gonna be Vettle, he really doesn't look or sound happy at Ferrari, he's German and a world champion, Mercedes went to great lengths this year to create this with Nico, Did he find out his world championship was fabricated? Lewis certainly thinks so. 

It's going to be Wehrlein.

He has been groomed to be a Mercedes factory driver for the past few years. This move might have come a couple of years earlier than planned but he has already proved that he can be quick in a rubbish car. He will easily be as quick as Rosberg in the new Merc. 

He will also be much cheaper, and come without any of the baggage, as Alonso. And he's obviously also German. 

I'm going with Alonso, despite the obvious drawbacks of having to buy him out of his McLaren contract, and the mutual hatred between him and Hamster.

Maybe the latter will be a good thing.

Margate Exotics.

I still reckon Button is the easy choice.....just a stop gap

no need to hunt about or pay to get someone out of a contract......

he's still quick....he still wants to race really.......give him the car and I bet he'd still push Lewis

it'd only be for a year while they got the 2018 contract with say either Alonso or Vettel

The Faster You Drive...The Slower You Age

(Albert Einstein  14 March 1879 - 18 April 1955)

So Hairy is proving very difficult to get due to contractual obligations by all accounts. 

Looks like Pascal will get the nod, even though there are question marks over his attitude. To me this is a bad choice. With the sport losing viewers hand over fist, it's really important that there is someone there to at least give Lewis a bit of competition. Watching him stroll to the title unchallenged isn't going to do the sport any good at all...

Anyway, it seems they're about to go public with their "search"... :D

https://twitter.com/i/web/status/806528534357405696

Anyone going to apply?

I agree, Button could be a good choice. And given Massa, who has 'retired' at the same time, has already decided he could get back in an F1 car just as long as it's a Merc........

Alonso's still our poll leader for the moment, though.

Margate Exotics.

11 hours ago, Barrykearley said:

hot news off the press

IMG_0864.JPG

Well he's nearly inside the lines.

Looks like he was driving a dealer demo as well.

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

• Gold FFM

Charlie will have to have another word with him about bay limits!

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

Would have loved to have heard the conversation after that debacle. :hrhr:

Oh. By the way, no offence to anyone, but the poll needs another option.

'Who doesn't really care?'

(Sorry.)

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

Wow, missed this news. So it's actually happening. 

It seems some of the hold up has been due to Martini. Wehrlein was on the cards for Valteri's replacement but Martini vetoed it as he's not old enough to drink in some parts of the world. 

Not a huge fan of Massa but I think he'd be far and away the best bet. Knows the team and car and still has pace in him. I think Valteri in the Merc would show that Massa has still had some decent performances these last few seasons.