free hit
counters
+2S Suspension Bushes - Classic Elan - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

+2S Suspension Bushes

AlanSears

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

the rubber type are not made of the same stuff as they were back in the day so will more than likely fail quicker....

the poly bush may make the car a little harder but you could always go for a lesser shore rating.......

just a thought....or two......

I wouldn't see anything wrong with poly bushes.......I know many old Elans with them on.......

The Faster You Drive...The Slower You Age

(Albert Einstein  14 March 1879 - 18 April 1955)

Thanks for that - very helpful.  One concern was about making the car harder - but I don't mind that too much.  Just wondered whether there were any other considerations.  I'm happy if other people are running them.

have a chat with them at Sue Millers......

they'll give you some pointers if you wish....

and they also supply and sell them.....

• Like 1

The Faster You Drive...The Slower You Age

(Albert Einstein  14 March 1879 - 18 April 1955)

• 3 weeks later...

Yes of course - and thanks for that. The +2S is staying on the road for now, although it might get a couple of track outings just for the hell of it before it eventually heads off for a very well deserved restoration. (For which I am currently saving up!)

• 2 weeks later...

going to add my own experience.

i restored my +2 and used rubber bushes from christopher neil

it was perfect

stupidly sold the car

went to look at a +2 with rubber bushes... it was lovely. the following week i tested a restored +2 with poly and it was a hard crashy thing in comparison.

i have used poly on differential mounts and that was ok. but on wishbones i stick to rubber

i also wont use powder coating. it looks lovely but as soon as it cracks...rust takes over rapidly and its a pig to get the bits that do survive off