free hit
counters
Tredwear 'Goodyear' letters group buy No.2 - Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Hubs/Steering/Geo - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Tredwear 'Goodyear' letters group buy No.2

There has been some interest in another group buy from Tredwear in the States. The whole process is fairly well documented here.

The real advantage of a group buy is the saving on shipping costs to the UK. I was able to do them for £60 a set last time (on my own it cost nearly twice that), but I'm sure the exchange rate will have added to the final cost. I'll get in touch with Tredwear and see what sort of deal I can negotiate, I'm turning into a pretty good customer now! It would be easier for me if we added UK postage costs up front too but that's not much, another £5 would easily cover it. I can also supply a very basic template made from a rubbing of my original NCTs to help with spacing for those that don't have a set of Goodyears at home.

So please reply here if you're interested. Tredwear were pretty fast in getting them shipped over last time and everyone was happy with the results. It's a great option for the pulling off the NCT look with more modern rubber.

Two sizes are available. My original NCTs were used to make the first set and the Goodyear script on the front tyres is smaller than the rear. Some prefer the larger Goodyear script front and back, if you do then let me know.

I recommend 4 sets of letters plus one extra set for spares if any letters fall off. So if you're going for the large letters all round, 5 sets of letters should do the job. If you're going for large rear and smaller front letters, go for 3 sets of each (6 sets in total). Of course no problem if you want more than that.

Cheers

Jonny

• Like 1

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Can't you use use a tyre pen? To colour the letters in?

On Order: 2021 Lotus Elise Cup 250 FE in Isotope Green, Red Alcantara Interior, Carbon Aero Kit, AirCon, Carpets & Mats, NVH pack, Cruise Control, Stereo, Red Calipers.
Now Gone2018 Lotus Elise Sport 220 in Metallic Blue, Alcantara Pack, Forged Wheels, 2piece brakes, AirCon, Hard/Soft Tops, Red Calipers, Stereo, Interior Colour Pack, NVH Pack, Carpets, Mats.
Previously Owned: 2016 Lotus Evora 400, 2010 Lotus Evora NA, 2003 VX220 Supercharged, 2001 VX220 Lightning Yellow
Follow my Lotus journey here: http://www.FaceBook.com/HandmadeInHethel

These are rubber letters to stick on the side of Pirellis, Vredensteins and other modern tyres. Goodyear currently don't make any tyres that fit the G Turbos.

Unless you want to have a go at hand writing the Goodyear logo, no you can't use a tyre pen!

I suppose someone could try and spray white paint through a template but I reckon that will be more of a job to do right than sticking letters on.

Ahhhh :lol:

So it's like putting a Lotus badge on a VX220 :lol: or your Aldi shopping into a Waitrose carrier bag?

• Like 2

On Order: 2021 Lotus Elise Cup 250 FE in Isotope Green, Red Alcantara Interior, Carbon Aero Kit, AirCon, Carpets & Mats, NVH pack, Cruise Control, Stereo, Red Calipers.
Now Gone2018 Lotus Elise Sport 220 in Metallic Blue, Alcantara Pack, Forged Wheels, 2piece brakes, AirCon, Hard/Soft Tops, Red Calipers, Stereo, Interior Colour Pack, NVH Pack, Carpets, Mats.
Previously Owned: 2016 Lotus Evora 400, 2010 Lotus Evora NA, 2003 VX220 Supercharged, 2001 VX220 Lightning Yellow

Jonny

I'd definitely like a full set (4 plus 1 spare) of the large letters all round.

I've seen some good pictures but how well have they aged - do they stick well or come off?

Many thanks for doing this

1 hour ago, CocoPops said:

Ahhhh :lol:

So it's like putting a Lotus badge on a VX220 :lol: or your Aldi shopping into a Waitrose carrier bag?

Or painting your car Evora blue like and Essex Esprit :P 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Bazza 907 said:

...painting your car Evora blue like and Essex Esprit :P 

Emulating, not pretending it's something it's not ;)

Any chance you could emulate someone who makes useful contributions to topics you're actually interested in?

• Like 2

Hey come on, I suggested the tyre pens didn't I? Granted it became clearer after a proper explanation.

I do wonder if a 3D printed template and a spray method might be a better long term solution rather than stick on?

Jonny serious question.

Are they made of white rubber? If so sticking should be very good like how you patch up an inner tube.

Large and small? Id quite like a set but do I need small for the front or do people use same front & back?

Cheers

Buddsy

"Belief is the enemy of knowing" - Crrow777

Buddsy I bought a set on the last group buy which I have not put on the car. If you want to come and look at them a offer them up to your car then you are more than welcome ! 

• Like 1

Scott 

people are using a mixture.  Jonnys white car has large on the rears and smaller on the front. But others are having large all round.  Personal preference really.  Trawl Google images and you will see both.

Phil

• Like 1

Cool, unless there are any more takers soon I'll get on the blower to Tredwear and try and get the order off before Christmas.

1. Bazza - 5 large

2. Dan E - 5 large

3. Phil W - 3 large 3 small

4. Lotusman33 - 5 large

5. Jon Slocum - 5 large

6. Sizona - 5 large

• Gold FFM

Jonny thanks for doing this, PM me your bank details and I will BAC's to you as soon as you know the cost. 

As you know I am away from Boxing Day so be good to get the order sorted before Christmas break no problem if not but just don't want to miss this. I am thinking I might get 7 as I might try some new tyres on the back next year after talking to you at Brands. 

On 15/12/2016 at 02:36, jaydubya said:

So I bought the treadwear rubber letters from the US 

Are you using the small on the front or are they the large? They look good to me.

Jonny I will be adding my name in too. Just working out what I need. What did you use @The Pits

Buddsy

"Belief is the enemy of knowing" - Crrow777