free hit
counters
Tredwear 'Goodyear' letters group buy No.2 - Page 3 - Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Hubs/Steering/Geo - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Tredwear 'Goodyear' letters group buy No.2

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...

small reminder.

Could someone with raised white letter tires please please please, report the size ( height ) of the original or tredwear letters used.

I want to order the correct sizes.

Edited by gvy

Im surprised no one responded Geert, i was also looking at getting some of these so was watching this post with interest. I know its not much help but my Pirellis are just under 1" tall but the band pattern around them is just over so a 1" Goodyear option on those tyres would sit nicely :)

*edit*.... aha just as Steve responded!

Front wheels are done.

Rear wheels will follow soon.

Since I dont like the view of GOOD YEAR letters glued over another tire brand, I took the time to grind off the existing tire brand before mounting the good year rubber letters. Now you can look up real close and only see the white good year lettering. I used a flap disk on an angle grinder to carefully grind off only the surface that is covered by the letters.

Now guess what is the original brand😁 hint....look at the bottom of the tire....

42612246795_5c31538e67_b.jpgSAM_7512 by Geert Vijncke, on Flickr

43516939821_517f2babe3_b.jpgSAM_7509 by Geert Vijncke, on Flickr

Geert

Edited by gvy

I had some experience with "real" white letter tires in the past and I think these rubber letters will be the same :

Take a kitchensponge and use sand soap hand cleaner to scrub white again. and spray off with water. I always did it that way.

If really bad, just take a towel and aceton and they will wipe white again.

Edited by gvy

3 hours ago, Stuart Monument said:

Have you tried CIF @Buddsy? Fancy coming along to the Elise meet to ? 

Ive tried some cloths washing detergent but not really worked as well as Id have hoped

I was hoping to come along on Thursday but we are off on holiday so am working on the timings!

buddsy

"Belief is the enemy of knowing" - Crrow777

• 1 year later...

I've had a few requests for another group buy from Tredwear. I'll be getting a couple of sets for myself.

If you're interested let me know below and I'll see what can be done.

Let's hope they're still trading!

Any other takers please?

For what it's worth I will be getting more in the original font (which was taken from a rubbing of my '84 date stamped NCTs). The font used in the pictures above is a more modern version.

• 2 weeks later...