free hit
counters
1986 White Lotus Esprit HC - Anyone on here? - Esprit Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
stv3x

1986 White Lotus Esprit HC - Anyone on here?

Hi :D , Anyone on here own a car from my past? D676CBF.

Parting with her back in the late eighties was truly difficult....last I heard was that she had gone to somewhere in South Wales. I was owner #2 and from online records it looks as though she is under owner 5

Scan10004-2.jpg

LotusInt.jpg

Lotus1blurjp.jpg

Untitled-Scanned-10.jpg

:)

Steve

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

That's awesome... So pimp! - I love it!

Methinks however that the V8 Aston is helping cushion the separation anxiety!!! :D:)

"When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle. Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked him to forgive me."

------------------------------

ribbon200.gifG-Car Owner and Proud! ribbon200.gif

That is one rare interior! :D

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

Love your old car Steve! :D

That interior is amazing!

My car is similar except my interior is all red leather with a black dash and steering wheel.

Are you thinking of buying her back?

SUNP0003-1.jpg

That's awesome... So pimp! - I love it!

Yes, very eighties :thumbup: Bought the car from Randles in Stoke On Trent (not sure if they even exist now) without even seeing it. It had just 5k miles on and was simply perfect and I had it valeted weekly. Previous owner moved on to the newer shape and had the interior done in exactly the same way only in Blue. It eventually went back to Randles after a couple of years and from memory I believe it went to a buyer from Wales.

Seems funny now but apart from the interior the one thing that seemed to get people all excited was the addition of a car-phone :rofl: Well it was the eighties!

Methinks however that the V8 Aston is helping cushion the separation anxiety!!! :P;)

Yes, the Aston cushions a lot of things :cool:

steve

Are you thinking of buying her back?

If I had the room I'd perhaps consider it but the driveway is already over-populated and set to get worse with a 17 year old son who takes his driving test this month.

No, it's more about seeing what has happened to her as it's a very memorable period in my life to which she played no small part :yes

In fact I'd go as far as saying that even the wife would be interested, as it's the car we first started dating in, and that's saying a lot....she's more of a 'shoe' person :thumbup:

steve

Your son obviously needs to learn his place in the 1st car / driveway pecking order...

:thumbup:

c5.jpg

"When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle. Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked him to forgive me."

------------------------------

ribbon200.gifG-Car Owner and Proud! ribbon200.gif

Yes, Thanks James. Looks like there is a good community here. It's unfortunate that I'm only able to bring along nostalgic points of interest.

:thumbup:

Steve

Steve

Really appreciate your keen to track the car, but bumping Topics is against the Forum rules

Sorry mate, don't want to sound all Head Teacherish, just thought you should know.

Regards

Mat

post-1-0302470001278592957.jpg

Hi all,

Recently purchased this Lotus Esprit Turbo HC D676 CBF. Was sold to us knowing that it had an insurance claim against it which was in the mid to late 90s. Rung DVLA and they no knowledge of it been a write off although HPI does bring up a claim against it. DVLA suggest that it may have been a minor claim so therefore wouldn't show on their system. Can any previous owners of this car shed any light on the history and insurance claim of this car?

Currently in the process of restoring it (Photos to follow).

Many Thanks,

Neil

Great to hear of another car being saved. Would its history matter if it happened so long ago? :) 

It's getting there......

Hi,

Just curious to know what the claim was. The paint job looks original and in really good condition with no sign of repair both inside or out. 

Regards,

Neil

I might be speaking out of turn here but from my experience; the DVLA don’t seem to get involved with insurance write off’s unless they are complete write off (I.e. scrap). Declared history always seems to make a difference to prices (normally knocks about a third of the value off). I always think it is a shame that it detracts from the car (especially when it has been properly repaired) but that seems to be the market. If you want more information; you can contact the HPI company and they can give you some details (I actually managed to reverse the history on my car as the insurance company never paid out; so worth asking).

Could be anything, maybe not even related to bodywork. My old Excel was previously written off after being stolen and the seats slashed. I guess the cost of a new interior was enough to write it off when it was only worth a few grand.

As long as the car is sorted now I wouldn't worry about it if it's the car you want. You just have to factor the history into its market value.

Not worth starting anything now...🍺

Thank you for your comments. Will try contacting HPI to see if they can shed any light on the history of the car. 

Perhaps try to PM the original poster Steve?

Edited by nello