free hit
counters
Changing gear issue - Page 3 - Engine & Ancillaries/Gearbox - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Changing gear issue

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Gearbox oil changed to Motul 75W140 and went this morning on a track to do some testing... Alleluia!!! Problem solved! I did 30 laps and did not have any gear change issue.

Today is a good day for me as I finally have the car performance that I was looking for many months now...

• Like 2

22 hours ago, tomprout said:

Gearbox oil changed to Motul 75W140 and went this morning on a track to do some testing... Alleluia!!! Problem solved! I did 30 laps and did not have any gear change issue.

Today is a good day for me as I finally have the car performance that I was looking for many months now...

Good to hear that. 

On 25/04/2019 at 11:16, Maxi_z said:

Do you know if your oem cables were already the same spec as the latest 380 cup ones?

I was told that the lates ones are almost as good as the ssc ones.

replace the brake fluid and clutch fluid with something better as castrol srf or motul rbf 660 and make sure there is no air in the clutch system.

Can someone confirm about the 380 cables ? 

On 28/05/2019 at 14:45, tomprout said:

Gearbox oil changed to Motul 75W140 and went this morning on a track to do some testing... Alleluia!!! Problem solved!

Congratulations! :thumbsup: I wonder why do they use GearFF Competition 75W140 and not Gear300 75W90 for the gearbox - I've always used the latter one in the gearboxes seeing the former as a more heavy duty stuff. Did you get any intelligence on this?