Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Fancy trying a turbo for 6 months - how much for a decent car ? - M100 Elan - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Fancy trying a turbo for 6 months - how much for a decent car ?

DJW

Hi

Serial Lotus owner , however one car I've never tried is a M100 turbo even though as a kid I used to race them like mad on my Amiga ;) 

Therefore looking to try one for 6 months, put 5k miles on it, then sell back on.  Therefore thinking is, I dont want a garage queeen, or super low mileage car, but would be sensible to have a well sorted car that will sell on easily  

What price do you guys think I need to put aside for such a car ?  Best colours for resale ?  Any other advice much appreciated :)

Cheers Dave 

Edited by DJW

Previously owned :Exige 380,  Exige 350,  Evora 400,  Exige V6S,  Esprit GT3,  2-11 SC,  Evora S,  Elite 501

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

You can get a decent car from £5k still, check out Lotus Elan Central as usually some good cars available and known.

They are really rewarding cars to own and drive and handle superb considering their age.

Dave :) 

• Like 1

Do or do not, there is no try! 

• 2 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, Dave Eds said:

Drop me a pm Dave. I think I can help you.

will take 6 months to get one of yours back on the road:sofa:

hindsight: the science that is never wrong

• 2 weeks later...

Sounds like a great idea and you will probably loose no money, so free motoring for a year if it runs well :thumbup:  I think the only drama you may have is if you can part with it at the end of the year due to sentimentality :blush:

• Like 1

A

• Gold FFM

Our old Blue one which was mildly tuned and was  a fantastic car. The current owner has had some refurb work completed on the cosmetics and is selling her on ebay. It is a cracker and one of the best running I know of. Have a look at her and if interested I can give you all the details of what has been done, and there is a lot. H 907 GRK. I can give you the owners details. New roof complete with seals and mechanically brilliant, flies like sh++t off a shovel and way above standard.

• Like 1

Blue one one on ebay, just over 3000 gbp but needs an mot and some other work, may be well worth a look though if you are willing to put in a bit of graft, you could use it for a year and dependant how much it cost to get an mot probably make a healthy profit to boot given the predicted market change in the lotus models over the next year :thumbup:

A

• 3 weeks later...

So sorry guys, missed all these replies :blush:   Thought I had subscribed to thread. Doh. 

Previously owned :Exige 380,  Exige 350,  Evora 400,  Exige V6S,  Esprit GT3,  2-11 SC,  Evora S,  Elite 501

• Gold FFM
On 1/31/2017 at 01:59, DJW said:

So sorry guys, missed all these replies :blush:   Thought I had subscribed to thread. Doh. 

yep and probably missed a few corkers. LOL

4 hours ago, johnpwalsh said:

yep and probably missed a few corkers. LOL

Sod's law hey :blush:

• Gold FFM

Now the hunt begins for a corker. If i hear of anything up this end I will give you a shout.

• Like 1