Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Dry Sump Register - Esprit Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Dry Sump Register

LOTUSMAN33

Hey Guys

I want to get a Dry Sump register started with Dan and don't want it to be a hidden database but understand some details like full chassis numbers may be a little sensitive so happy to give anyone who contributes full access if they provide email addresses and keep a more visible one public if that suits best?

What do you think? It is only ever going to be as good as the information built through fellow members and lots of research. Andy Graham will help usually like he did with the early M100 one once we have most of it together to fill the gaps.

I have quite a lot of cars details already so won't take long to get something together.

Dave :) 

Do or do not, there is no try! 

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Gold FFM

Dave, maybe we should get the format off of the Essex register, so we get the info required this could be really interesting to do. Maybe if I open a google drive account then we can run it as a live document with people adding their details as we add them to the google account just a thought 

Dan 

• Like 1

Okay let's get it going, it will be interesting to see how many have survived as well.

No problem using the Essex format as it covers most of the info, we can use the notes to state Comps or BBS and options like roof stereo, interior spec etc.

There's already the Esprit Register on here - just trying to find the thread :)

edit: and here we are

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Kx0hJtNsFer6Rjp--VEcc75OL8TzzhtIy8lv3m2CF1Y/edit?usp=sharing

We're doing a basic one on the Exige V6 Cup, just doing colour, year built and build number. Where it's someone on here we add the owner too.

Chassis       Build               Colour                                             Original wheels             Owner                            POI

1108            Sept 1981        Monaco White/red full leather         BBS                                The Pits                          Air con, factory fitted roof stereo, now on four stud Compomotives                 

• Gold FFM

i think what Chris has is perfect but for dry sumps. Personally I think it would be good to keep separate I haven't seen the Essex one but this would be great to get sorted out. 

Chassis Build Colour Original Wheels Owner POI
1108 09/81 Monaco White/Red Leather BBS The Pits Air con, factory roof stereo, now on four stud Compomotives

Any easier with a table?

• Like 2

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

• Gold FFM

1129, black/black full leather, no AirCon BBS built 31/12/81 first reg 04/12/81 and bloody lovely 

That's mad I got that off of the Dvla doc so registered before it was built is that possible 

My roof stereo was missing but shown as fitted on the provenance certificate, my roof lining has been replaced rather badly so needs replacing before I fit the stereo back.

1035 unknown build date but first registered 01/08/81, Monaco white, tobacco interior, G Jones, 4 stud compomotives with the later style front wheels, no roof stereo or air con originally, more modern cooled turbo fitted. Car Ex Trevsked.

DRY SUMP TURBO REGISTER                                                                                                                                                                                                          
 Chassis      Build date    Original Colour     Interior                 Owner                          Original Wheels     Roof stereo?    Points Of Interest                                          
 0895  07/1980  Essex Blue    Stuart Monument      The Active Suspension car! Now Black
 1001  04/1981  Red  Black  Lotusman33  Compomotive  Yes  
 1042  06/1981  Essex Blue  Champagne  Stuart Monument  Compomotive  No  
 1108  09/1981  Monaco White  Red  The Pits  BBS  Yes  Now on 4 stud Compomotives
 1129  12/1981  Black  Black  Dan E  BBS  No  Bloody lovely!
 Dunno  12/1981  Copper Caramel  Hopo Compomotive No  5 Stud Compomotives

Edited by hopo

DRY SUMP TURBO REGISTER                                                                                                                                                                                                          
 Chassis      Build  date    Original  Colour     Interior                 Owner                          Original Wheels     Roof stereo?    Points Of Interest                                          
 0895  07/1980  Essex Blue  Red  Stuart Monument  Compomotive - now  BBS  Previously - now  removed  The Active Suspension car! Now Black
 1108  09/1981  Monaco White  Red  The Pits  BBS  Yes  Now on 4 stud Compomotives
 Dunno  12/1981  Copper  Caramel  Hopo  Compomotive  No  5 Stud Compomotives

• Like 2

Nice one Jon, the build number should be on your V5, last four digits of the chassis number (unless you'd rather keep it to yourself of course). Quite a late dry sump though being 12/81, might explain the 5 stud Comps, maybe the original owner (was that your uncle?) insisted on Comps and the factory had stopped doing the 4 stud Comps by then, maybe even Compomotive had stopped making 4 stud split rims by then? So a five stud set was used. Remind me to have a look at the rear offest on your wheels next time I see the car, really interested to know what they did there.

:thumbup:

I wish I knew the VIN number of the dry sump I used to own but I dont have any record of it. Reg was WNG 37X. 

BBS, no roof stereo. Red leather, AC, White with Essex stripes but not the Essex logo. White door mirrors. Ex Lotus dealer demonstrator.

If marked as Essex Blue does this mean that it is an Essex or just the same colour? Maybe add a column for Essex?

I'm updating the main Esprit registry - all done now

There's a number on the registry - you might want to send out a PM.

Just because its Essex blue sadly does not make it an Essex, Only way is to email or phone lotus archives with the vin number to confirm. Even the pre production cars are not classed as Essex.

Now Stuarts car with the active suspension is a whole new kettle of fish as IMO its more worthy of an Essex car lol.

• Like 1

A

Not sure of the build date.  First registration was 13/10/81.  Will contact Andy Graham

DRY SUMP TURBO REGISTER                                                                                                                                                                                                          
 Chassis      Build  date    Original  Colour     Interior                 Owner                          Original Wheels     Roof stereo?    Points Of Interest                                          
 0895  07/1980  Essex Blue  Red  Stuart Monument  Compomotive - now  BBS  Previously - now  removed  The Active Suspension car! Now Black
 Dunno  12/1981  Copper  Caramel  Hopo  Compomotive  No  5 Stud Compomotives
 0342     Red  Black  PhilW Compomotive (TBC)   No  5 Stud Compomotives 

• Like 1