Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Dry Sump Register - Page 26 - Esprit Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Dry Sump Register

LOTUSMAN33

1 hour ago, Lex Templar said:

Another 6 cars added over the weekend, we are getting close to having all of them..

JXfUBA.pngIxKLlB.png6JYJOR.png

Hi Lex - being pedantic but just to say my car Essex #007 isn’t SORNed but very much taxed and on the road 😊

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
13 hours ago, Fridge said:

For accuracy could @grimreaper confirm whether #860 MPW71V ever had a dry sump engine?

As a development Essex car prior to the development V8 car my guess is that it did - But as you say it would be good to confirm.

I guess there are some cars in this list that are not technically dry sump cars but rather early cars for example 0929 with its normally aspirated 2.2 confirmed by Lotus from the factory.

Do you know I didn’t notice the advert the pictures were from when I bought it had a different steering wheel. It has original type in it. I do tho like the one in the picture. Might have to find one. I wonder if the other dry sump that Nick Pope has is on the register. It’s in bits at Tomorrow’s classics. Will ask him for number. It’s black. Bbs no roof stereo. J

1 hour ago, dr_jayhart said:

Do you know I didn’t notice the advert the pictures were from when I bought it had a different steering wheel. It has original type in it. I do tho like the one in the picture. Might have to find one. I wonder if the other dry sump that Nick Pope has is on the register. It’s in bits at Tomorrow’s classics. Will ask him for number. It’s black. Bbs no roof stereo. J

The JPS wheel is a good one. But I'm a stickler for originality personally so I would always keep the standard wheel.

Your leather looks lovely Jason, re-upholstered?

For sale back in 2014... MOT exprired 2018 so not 952 as this was exported some years ago.

Rego is a few numbers off #970 Chapman's car. - which is about to come on the market any day now.

From a thread dated 2014...

"It's a 1980 dry sump that was off the road/ in storage for a number of years, think he was looking for £8,500."

x8URnM.jpg

5 minutes ago, Lex Templar said:

For sale back in 2014... MOT exprired 2018 so not 952 as this was exported some years ago.

Rego is a few numbers off #970 Chapman's car. - which is about to come on the market any day now.

From a thread dated 2014...

"It's a 1980 dry sump that was off the road/ in storage for a number of years, think he was looking for £8,500."

x8URnM.jpg

I just found its #342 ROW Domestic RHD Spec now painted copper fire sold by stocks owned by Phil W.

This is indeed my car. Currently off the road having some work when I can.  I bought it from Stocks and have been very happy with it generally although do have an unsolved problem at the moment.  A small bit of history - It came from Dunblane and had been stored for some years.  Sadly it belonged to a father of one of the children who died in the Dunblane massacre.  He got into a lot of other things re gun control etc as I understand and completely lost interest in it.  Very sad story.

1 hour ago, ChrisJ said:

Happier times

y4md8bBAxRYh76-3jcmC4ZdVawKidDrR_ICXkeb8

Any excuse for a photo :thumbsup:

A hideous wet day as I recall Chris!

Yes - New Years Day 2015.

I did learn the location of the Tescos where we met, which came in useful 6 months later when I drove back from Norfolk along the A143 directly into the setting sun in my Excel - which didn't have any sun visors in it (not something you check for when buying a car :)). Stopped there and bought a couple of baseball caps so that I didn't have to use my hand as a visor any more.

• Like 1

On 13/04/2020 at 10:10, JNW3 said:

Hi Lex - being pedantic but just to say my car Essex #007 isn’t SORNed but very much taxed and on the road 😊

Been looking at the missing Dry Sump LHD chassis numbers for example 10300 (Export Development Car) any reason for these being missing ?  

3 minutes ago, Veilside said:

Been looking at the missing Dry Sump LHD chassis numbers for example 10300 (Export Development Car) any reason for these being missing ?  

Hi Steve, please if you have any missing ones let us know. I agree the list is heavily domestic focused but the idea is to have all of them.

cheers

Lex

Thought you might like that although this is not the database I use for the Essex cars hence the comments column Is out of date and needs updating but it does give you the chassis numbers to work with for your dry sump register.