Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Dry Sump Register - Page 27 - Esprit Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Dry Sump Register

LOTUSMAN33

Evening all. I have found a chap who says he has some new old stock dry sump oil belts which he has agreed to sell me. I do not know the sizes as yet and hope one will fit mine. He also has some pulleys. If he comes good would anyone be interested in the belts which are no use to me? J

• Like 1

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

If he comes back with anything will be interesting, thinking about it a new toothed pulley might be a good idea for a rainy day with the belts.

Where do these people hide - reminds me of a guy who had a garage full of Compomotive wheels, rang him many times, never answered, left messages and then when he did eventually contact me he'd sold the lot !!!!!

And then there's Trevor Cooper who had contract with the factory to take away "scrap parts" used the aluminium Compomotive wheel centre's for air rifle target practice, they're more than gold dust now !!!! 

He had everything there, remember seeing Lotus Carlton body shells cut in half so they couldn't be used !!!! 

• Confused 1

On 24/04/2020 at 13:52, Lex Templar said:

Some mid-treatment original 1980 dry sump Bond Leather.

Going on 40.

48NtkJ.jpg

oWxoVp.png

sBcCHS.jpg

PkIDQX.png

damn! i am in love with that brown leather!

we own great very rare cars my friend! much more rare as Red from the Essex!

greetings from #951

• Like 2

This popped up on instagram, suggesting 'White Heat' s/n 0928 was scrapped on 16/04/1985 after an accident. (if you translate it)

It makes sense as the car has not been taxed since.

I tried to get more information out of him but wasn't able to. But it is interesting the date is so precise.

#954 white/brown still missing from 1980 too, last taxed in '84.

e6H1Y6.png

On 16/04/2020 at 12:19, Lex Templar said:

Hi Steve, please if you have any missing ones let us know. I agree the list is heavily domestic focused but the idea is to have all of them.

cheers

Lex

Hi, Some information - 10901 - for you to update your register - photo's taken South Africa 2003 so what subsequently happened to it I don't know.

The owner was in contact with Lotus at the time, he thought he had a missing Essex Turbo, sadly for him he didn't.

Steve T (Veilside)

Chassis 10901.png

Chassis 10901 Vin Plate.pdf Chassis 10901.pdf

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 06/05/2020 at 05:26, Veilside said:

Hi, Some information - 10901 - for you to update your register - photo's taken South Africa 2003 so what subsequently happened to it I don't know.

The owner was in contact with Lotus at the time, he thought he had a missing Essex Turbo, sadly for him he didn't.

Steve T (Veilside)

Chassis 10901.png

Chassis 10901 Vin Plate.pdf 286.01 kB · 10 downloads Chassis 10901.pdf 1.51 MB · 12 downloads

Great info as always Steve, thank you.

Sad for what should be an important car. Would appear in the photos as far gone but who knows how it sits today.

The DB says it has a V8 engine fitted which is never ideal.

I will add the info to the list. Good to have the original colour cleared up too as it was down as Essex blue.

Cheers,
Lex

3 hours ago, Lex Templar said:

Sad for what should be an important car. Would appear in the photos as far gone but who knows how it sits today.

I will add the info to the list. Good to have the original colour cleared up too as it was down as Essex blue.

Cheers,
Lex

Lex, where does the V8 information come from ? It has a dry sump engine from photo's I have !

18 minutes ago, Veilside said:
4 hours ago, Lex Templar said:

Cheers,
Lex

Lex, where does the V8 information come from ? It has a dry sump engine from photo's I have !

I grabbed that info from a thread on here - after trawling through every thread I could find.. I'll have to go back and see where I got that from.

Is that fire damage in the photo from 2003?

Lex