Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Dry Sump Register - Page 37 - Esprit Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Dry Sump Register

LOTUSMAN33

On 21/03/2021 at 10:40, steve clack said:

I mentioned a few weeks back that a good friend of mine's brother had a dry sump Esprit turbo, Monaco white with red leather interior. If he wanted to sell would anybody be interested in buying....

that will sell quick, no worrys about that dry sump esprit!

• 3 weeks later...

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
On 14/04/2020 at 04:43, Lex Templar said:

need an ID on this one too. could be 1131 with a rego change.

Recently received a full resto by South West Lotus.

Lextemplar couldn't help but mention the colour coding and decals...😂

8Eediv.jpg

11271 incase you haven't figured that out already.

• Thanks 1

On 10/12/2020 at 21:21, dr_jayhart said:

So I went and saw the Black dry sump for sale today as a restoration project.

Black with cream interior and on BBS.

I believe the number was 11259.

Needs paint and interior.

YAH 855X is 1249

On 15/12/2020 at 11:09, Lex Templar said:

A late red dry sump, anyone know it?

http://www.lotusespritworld.com/EOwners/loomes.html

Owners_Loomes_1.jpg

• Thanks 1

• 6 months later...

Looks great Dan, are the sills, spoiler and valence gonna stay black? As far as the Panasonic cockpit stereo goes, you need to cut it to the correct length, fabricate a rear bracket with hooks that slot between the roof lining and the rear bulkhead panel cover, then screw the front cockpit bracket up into the wooden upper roof frame. There’s a couple of threads discussing it here on TLF, look them up.

Ad initium

• 2 weeks later...
On 22/03/2021 at 21:06, Tocus said:

that will sell quick, no worrys about that dry sump esprit!

Hello 

Not been on this forum for a while (3 years!). However the car discussed previously is my own. 

It should be on the register? but Can't find the latest version to check? 0966, signed off Lotus production 22/01/1981. Monaco White, Full red leather, Roof mounted radio, compomotives. Apparently 2nd of 4 UK cars in that spec.

Has been off the road since '89 (dry garage). Planning on recommissioning / restoring.   May consider selling on.

• 2 months later...
On 20/10/2020 at 07:49, Bazza 907 said:

@Jack Stone Max, your car after the M40 ding?

Hi Barrie

Just stumbled on this while serching for something else! Yes. Painful memories still. Hopefully the car is being secretly restored somewhere!

At least I still have this as a reminder of the 21 years of happy G-Esprit motoring I enjoyed before that fateful slip-road moment!

Esprit-handbook.jpeg

• Like 2

But remember one thing: don't lose your head to a woman that'll spend your bread: Lotus Turbo Esprit (89-11); Lotus Esprit GT3 (12-14): Lotus Evora S (14-17); Lotus Esprit V8 SE "UK Last 15" (18-23) Lotus Emira FE 400 (23-..)

I was thinking more Jupiter red, it’s hard to tell with older photos Stephen, you could be right though.

Nice handbook Jack, that’s in cracking condition 👍🏻
Dave :) 

Do or do not, there is no try! 

It was too brown to be calypso red. I took the pics and spent many hours drooling over it in the car park. Here's another angle

esprit-turbo-tmo620y-2-1982.jpg

• Like 2

But remember one thing: don't lose your head to a woman that'll spend your bread: Lotus Turbo Esprit (89-11); Lotus Esprit GT3 (12-14): Lotus Evora S (14-17); Lotus Esprit V8 SE "UK Last 15" (18-23) Lotus Emira FE 400 (23-..)

Any records for UVF454X (Copper Fire Turbo)?

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for sharing, it looks nice, don’t suppose he remembers the chassis number?

Looks like quite an early one with the single slat support louvred panel, can’t quite make out if it’s on comps but looks like it on the front.

Its not showing on the DVLA site so we may have it under a different number.

Dave :) 

• Like 1

Do or do not, there is no try! 

9 minutes ago, Nu_S1 said:

Is this one known/ on the register?

https://www.carandclassic.com/car/C1427309

same car:

she looks great! (owned by DrPittenstein)

• 2 weeks later...

With engine build underway ( just ) thought I'd ask if anyone might know to which early dry sump Turbo was my donor engine fitted? It was black, possibly with black interior trim as I dimly recall from when I tripped over it at the breaker's many years ago.

20220306_202555.jpg