Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Dry Sump Register - Page 6 - Esprit Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Dry Sump Register

LOTUSMAN33

Note Mr Chapmans car has the gear lever leather surround folded over into itself in exactly the way it was designed to be. So many cars have the leather sticking up with the bare untrimmed ends of it visible which were never supposed to be seen.

Owners_mikeford_06.jpg

• Like 2

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
35 minutes ago, Andyww said:

I was wondering if that was the car I used to own but now ruled out owing to being full red leather. It was white with Essex stripes and was exported according to DVLA record. Was on BBS and no roof stereo.

Come and check for yourself, spare room awaits!

6 hours ago, stephenwhyte said:

Hi Stephen, do you still have the chassis number of the red France car with red Interior? thats also a early Dry sump,

Great stuff guys, I have sent Lyndon with PPK a PM and invited him to join the list.

IMG_2718.JPGAnother early car with single support bar and earlier type front comps.

So do I need to add 1092 as another car being silver with red?

IMG_1960.JPGIMG_2099.JPGIMG_2102.JPG

Was not 100% sure with the French chassis number and see it is now sold, great example and an early car.

Dave :) 

Do or do not, there is no try! 

Re Chapman's old car. Yes it had what looks like a crude power steering fitted for ACBC and I think the windows were adjusted so that there was less wind noise - I think you can just see some of that on the B post.

What did they do about wind noise?

The Stevens cars have a secondary rubber seal fitted around the door frame in the channel which runs around the frame. They seals fit G cars and I have these fitted on mine. These seals make a big difference. Was that what they did and then implemented this on the Stevens cars?

No you can see from the pic above that the channel around the door doesn't have the rubber inserted. I can't remember now but when you saw the car it was quite different from our cars

Jon

I've had the seal fitted on my S3 for 18 years and I really don't think it made any difference to the noise but the car does look slightly more 'finished'. 

3 hours ago, LOTUSMAN33 said:

IMG_1960.JPGIMG_2099.JPGIMG_2102.JPG

Was not 100% sure with the French chassis number and see it is now sold, great example and an early car.

This one is 10969. It was sold by Motorway Cars in London back on 12th June 1981. Originally supplied with roof stereo but customer wanted a sunroof fitted so was removed??!! Car has been resprayed but was originally red anyway. Was supplied with the Compomotives too from what I understand.

• Like 1

Does anyone know the first Wet Sump Air con car chassis 1261?

I have Stephens car as the first Wet Sump but that is a heater only car chassis 1193?

It will be good to include these two highlighted a different colour to show the change over/end periods for the dry sumps? 

3 hours ago, hopo said:

Andy,

Are you able to provide an image of these seals? sounds like a decent modification

The problem which was mentioned somewhere at the time, which Chapman told his engineers to fix, was when at speed the door frame would move out of contact with the door seal owing to suction from the air outside. Thats exactly the issue mine had before the seals were fitted (by previous owner).

It would be interesting to know what other fix they did on the Chapman car.

DSCN3276.JPG

• Like 2

7 hours ago, stephenwhyte said:

This one is 10969. It was sold by Motorway Cars in London back on 12th June 1981. Originally supplied with roof stereo but customer wanted a sunroof fitted so was removed??!! Car has been resprayed but was originally red anyway. Was supplied with the Compomotives too from what I understand.

Thanks Stephen, i dont have the chassis number anymore, great that the list is getting bigger and bigger, so at the end everybody knows if the cars are still alive, and how they are been deliverd!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, RichardJGC said:

Love watching this list grow day by day. When it's complete we can progress straight on with the wet sumps ?. 

Let's do it Richard, great fun and should be easier to start as lots of people on here own or have owned them? ??

Brings out some great photos as well ?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, LOTUSMAN33 said:

Let's do it Richard, great fun and should be easier to start as lots of people on here own or have owned them? ??

Brings out some great photos as well ?

Will need a separate thread for it but the format could be similar. We could dispense with the Wheel/Roof Stereo columns...and anyone crazy enough to fit those on a later car (me for instance) can put it in the Points of Interest column ?. 

Yes...any excuse to see lots of Esprit photos and always nice to know which ones have survived.

• Like 2

Wow, what a great job Dave!!!

I mailed Andy Graham for the certivicate of provenance for my LHD Essex 006.I hope he will find out more details about my car.I think i can get it back to the road in this summer:wub:

cool list! cool forum!

Gotti

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, swindon_alan said:

I AM ABSOLUTELY LOVING THIS GENTS

Right up my street!

I had a phone conversation with @Barrykearley tonight about G cars.

I want one! A black Turbo, like Brooke's (which I have driven, yeah man), now Dan E's I think. I am going to scream and scream and scream and hold my breath until I turn blue until I get one!

Go for it! You know it makes sense. ?

• Like 2