Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Dry Sump Register - Page 10 - Esprit Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Dry Sump Register

LOTUSMAN33

I have a letter from Patrick Peal stating MPW79V and MPW80V were also used after MPW71V as V8 test cars which I presume means they were early dry sump prototypes. 

• Like 1

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Hi Dave,

I don't know the chassis number of MPW79V sorry.

MPW81V was my first ever Lotus it also was a Gold S2.

Had a reply from Andy Graham today but unfortunately he is too busy to help out even though I offered to pay for his time so looks like we will have to keep digging for the time. I will try him again in the future as know he is a busy chap. ?‍♂️

Still only a knock back so the DVLA freedom of information forms to fill in now and see how that works out. ?

Dave :) 

• Like 1

Do or do not, there is no try! 

At first its good that he is a busy chap (LOTUSMAN33) Dave, i hope many lotus owners will write him, but on the other side i really want to know where the other dry sumps car are,

and thats inside this topic very importent!

Does anyone recognise this early dry Sump;IMG_0449.JPGIMG_0450.JPGIMG_0451.JPGIMG_0452.JPG

Looks like a project car but with comps and early dash vents and single support rear hatch louvre, non air con car and no roof stereo. Non standard ugly spoiler and sunroof. Don't think it is on our table?

Dave :) 

• Like 1

Do or do not, there is no try! 

• 1 month later...

Far too cheap in my opinion Matt ;) hard to fault otherwise. GLWS.

Dont sell it!! Looks fab. Wife would draw a line at that figure and 3rd esprit.  Maybe I could part exchange her?

the Ad. is great, but this is not true:  " the Essex Interior is even rarer than the Tobacco interior. "

i only have seen 3 or 4 cars with Tobacco interior, and a lot of Red Leathers all around, also Dry sump cars, essex cars, and also Wet sump cars,

and also the 70 essex cars never been made, less then 70...

Edited by Tocus

Tocus

I was referring to the FYEO spec car dry dump many had the tobacco interior and not the wet sumps so the information is true, however I do stand corrected on the build qty of the Essex Cars thought over 70 were built with a plan of being 100. see below a section from Lotus archive

For the 1980 model year there was 16 other standard Turbo Esprit built before your car, 7 of

them were Monaco White, but only 1 of these had full red leather and was the same specification

as your car (most of the 1980 cars in white had brown leather).

I hope you find this information of interest and you enjoy your Esprit ownership.

Regards,

Andy Graham

Lotus Archives

• Like 2

According to the database put together by Brian Angus/Andy Graham/Steve Tryner  

There where only 25 RHD production cars  with 4 development cars and 4 pre production cars ever built  and 12 LHD production cars with 3 LHD development cars .

I think first of all they intended to build 100 but number 024 was returned to Lotus dealership SGT and renumbered 100 [Mark Thatchers old car]

The ad seems fine, within the normal limits of advertising exaggeration, for what is indeed a special car.

The tobacco vs red issue is not really relevant because even if the red is much less rare than tobacco, which is true when all G-Turbos are counted, surely the dramatic Prada red must be more desirable than 70's brown.

Ad needs more pictures though!

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Andyww said:

........surely the dramatic Prada red must be more desirable than 70's brown.

I personally love the brown Tobacco leather option - just a pity there aren't more of them still around. I can think of only 2 I've seen.

IMG_1685.JPG

• Like 2

9 hours ago, stephenwhyte said:

I personally love the brown Tobacco leather option - just a pity there aren't more of them still around. I can think of only 2 I've seen.

IMG_1685.JPG

Thats my car or not? what a nice interior!

• Like 1

WOW!!!!!!!!!!! alex thats also a very very nice car, i should put her inside the living room ;-)