Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Dry Sump Register - Page 13 - Esprit Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Dry Sump Register

LOTUSMAN33

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Oil filler on the engine for a wet sump.

Dry Sumps have a seperate tank which is located under the right hand trim panel to side of engine.

If you have a wet sump we can always add the details to the wet sump register.

On 19/10/2017 at 11:47, Fammo said:

Hi all,

Can you add mine to the register too? 1981 April build, August registered Turbo Esprit dry sump on bbs, with roof stereo, full leather, air con, copper fire metallic. Original UK reg was TRE90X. VIN ends 1068.

Currently in Australia, exported in 1989 from the UK. 

IMAG7809.jpg

Hi Fammo

I will add this one and send you a copy if you PM your email address. We had 1067 listed but this one was missing. It falls inline with Compomotive wheels so may have been changed later in life.

What colour is the interior?

Lovely looking Esprit 

Dave :) 

Do or do not, there is no try! 

4 minutes ago, LOTUSMAN33 said:

Hi Fammo

I will add this one and send you a copy if you PM your email address. We had 1067 listed but this one was missing. It falls inline with Compomotive wheels so may have been changed later in life.

What colour is the interior?

Lovely looking Esprit 

Cheers Dave,

Here's an interior pic. I'm waiting for my provenance certificate from Andy so will see whether the spec is 100% as it left the factory. I have a portfolio of history which I've skimmed through and it doesn't look like there was a wheel change, although I do have an instruction sheet (blue paper) which is from Compomotive) on caring for split rim wheels. 

Will send you a PM.IMG_1626.thumb.JPG.d42e76350f1e7daf602a7823f2183161.JPG

Ben

It has been said that the first cars fitted with BBS originally were built with Comps and they were removed and thrown away and BBS fitted. So the leaflets were maybe not swapped out.

All

The Register is now getting a little big to post,  so if anyone wants a latest updated copy just PM me with your email address.

It is not a secret and available to all. ?

• Like 1

Do or do not, there is no try! 

Andy

i have a Comps leaflet but then I have comps(5stud). They are on the build sheet. Saying that when there was a chance of them being remand factored a few months ago a guy who was involved says no 5 stud Comps were supplied to Lotus so who knows!  All I know mine look bloody lovely!  I'm going to refurb mine soon. Just agreed to buy a set of BBS to sit the car on. Just need to find something to put on them such as a layer of lacquer or something to try and stop the oxidisation. They are a nightmare to keep clean and shiny

• 9 months later...
On ‎11‎/‎01‎/‎2017 at 22:21, LOTUSMAN33 said:

IMG_0338.JPGIMG_2308.JPG

A few more added and a couple more to track down, we are up to 99 although need to confirm the St Tropez. I do like the gold Turbo. ?

This two St Tropez pictures are not showing the same car. KJK567 is on BBS, the right one with the Turbo front spoiler was registered as GHB 550V one time and 9788 EL also.

Website with information and pictures PBB St Tropez convertible Esprit:

http://www.lotusespritconvertible.de/

• 2 weeks later...
24 minutes ago, Petrolheadsa said:

My car that was black is now back to its original red.

20180812_115201.jpg

Looking good Kevin - slightly biased but red is best!👌👍😎

• 2 months later...

Looks great. Another Copper Fire :thumbsup:

Is it 4 or 5 stud compomotives or is it on BBS?

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 31/03/2017 at 21:23, LOTUSMAN33 said:

IMG_0486.thumb.PNG.edaedac1004f23e7aaabf60e1cfdbe26.PNG

Great update Alex, a fantastic, rare and very valuable Dry Sump. 

Dave :) :thumbsup:

now we know also another Early dry sump, #953 is found!

953 is mine, L25 Monaco White, Tobacco full leather, Panasonic roof stereo and 4 stud Compomotive

• Like 1

Would you be willing to share the certificate because that certainly doesn't make sense. Is it qualified by anything like 'for that model year' or in 'in that colour and trim'