Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Dry Sump Register - Page 36 - Esprit Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Dry Sump Register

LOTUSMAN33

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
8 hours ago, Lex Templar said:

Hi @Glen yes body is off chassis, I think in tour situation it would be the best thing to do.

Good morning @Lex Templar

is there a guide somewhere that will explain what needs to be removed to allow the body to be separated from the frame or is it easy enough to figure out as I go?

I will be removing the dash as it will be retrimed but is there anything that I need to watch out for?

Regards,

Glen

4 minutes ago, Glen said:

Good morning @Lex Templar

is there a guide somewhere that will explain what needs to be removed to allow the body to be separated from the frame or is it easy enough to figure out as I go?

I will be removing the dash as it will be retrimed but is there anything that I need to watch out for?

Regards,

Glen

Hi Glen, SJ Sportscars is doing all the work so I don't have first hand experience at removing the body. If you start a thread in the restorations section I'm sure people will be along to help.

The dash will look something like this below when removed. Keep in mind your car would have had a ruched leather interior, something very difficult to re-produce. It looks like all the original leather has been replaced in your car. It may be easier to find a complete interior as it looks like everything needs replacing..but of course there are lots of subtle differences between an early car like yours and and an 82 and onwards car. It depends on how far you want to take it and how much money you plan to sink into it.

IMG_20190817_101322.jpg

2 hours ago, Lex Templar said:

Hi Glen, SJ Sportscars is doing all the work so I don't have first hand experience at removing the body. If you start a thread in the restorations section I'm sure people will be along to help.

The dash will look something like this below when removed. Keep in mind your car would have had a ruched leather interior, something very difficult to re-produce. It looks like all the original leather has been replaced in your car. It may be easier to find a complete interior as it looks like everything needs replacing..but of course there are lots of subtle differences between an early car like yours and and an 82 and onwards car. It depends on how far you want to take it and how much money you plan to sink into it.

IMG_20190817_101322.jpg

Thank you @Lex Templar I will post in restorations and judging how much help everyone here is willing to provide I should get all my questions answered.

I will let you know the original interior colour once I receive the certificate.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello, a good friend of mine's brother has a dry sump Esprit turbo, that is not on your list.

Monaco white with full red leather. 2nd of 4 in total of that spec.

4 bolt split-rim 3 piece compomotive wheels.

Roof stereo.

It has been hiding in his garage since 1998 in Southampton.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

• Gold FFM
1 hour ago, steve clack said:

Hello, a good friend of mine's brother has a dry sump Esprit turbo, that is not on your list.

Roof stereo.

Is that hiding as in not moved? 

On 17/02/2021 at 14:00, steve clack said:

Roof stereo.

please make some new pictures!!

• 2 weeks later...

Evening all. I’ve managed to buy a spare rm610 cockpit stereo and amp. It powers up but cassette player not working. I hope it’s just a belt or something. Has anyone had theirs repaired by anyone? Thanks. 

I have repaired two 610s and two 310s.

Belt is definitely the first thing to check. They also suffer from damp causing corrosion of contacts. There is a multi-pole sliding switch internally which switches all the circuitry between the cassette and tuner and this was a fault on at least two.

• Like 1

On 06/03/2021 at 21:38, dr_jayhart said:

Evening all. I’ve managed to buy a spare rm610 cockpit stereo and amp. It powers up but cassette player not working. I hope it’s just a belt or something. Has anyone had theirs repaired by anyone? Thanks. 

If you get in to trouble with it have it serviced at Agenta Audio Classic Car Radio they’ll sort it out.

I haven’t had a good look yet but how hard are the Panasonic roof radios to remove? I think mine will require a refurbishment as it’s been sitting for 10 years in a more hostile environment.

• 2 weeks later...
On 15/01/2021 at 12:50, Glen said:

The interior it really rough and missing the original steering wheel. I have a parts car coming from Kuwait that was a front end hit, I will update with the chassis number when it arrives in the next week. @Lex Templar

4C08A1D7-A1E4-4FD6-A108-029C0F74772C.jpeg

0EA1CC23-59F1-401A-83AB-9DEFDA3BCAAC.jpeg

13529A79-1746-4805-B9DB-83CCDF1E6E94.jpeg

I will let you know once I get the certificate @Lex Templar

On 15/01/2021 at 12:50, Glen said:

The interior it really rough and missing the original steering wheel. I have a parts car coming from Kuwait that was a front end hit, I will update with the chassis number when it arrives in the next week. @Lex Templar

4C08A1D7-A1E4-4FD6-A108-029C0F74772C.jpeg

0EA1CC23-59F1-401A-83AB-9DEFDA3BCAAC.jpeg

13529A79-1746-4805-B9DB-83CCDF1E6E94.jpeg

I will let you know once I get the certificate @Lex Templar

@Lex Templar, I received my certificate today, yes it was a white car with Brown leather from the factory. Now I’m going to have to figure out what colour brown it is for the retrim.

I have attached the bottom of the page from Andy.

71059ED7-E54A-4F0A-81A9-D7A5B7942D96.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Love 1

37 minutes ago, steve clack said:

I mentioned a few weeks back that a good friend of mine's brother had a dry sump Esprit turbo, Monaco white with red leather interior. If he wanted to sell would anybody be interested in buying....

I think there would be a whole host of people interested in buying generally.....but it’s nice to see you’ve  come here first. 
Without pictures and a full description though we will never know how many - can you gather more details and post up?

• Like 2