free hit
counters
Dry Sump Register - Page 21 - Esprit Chat - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content


Dry Sump Register


LOTUSMAN33

Recommended Posts


Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

@LJR see above, just seeing if you have any input. As far as I'm aware tobacco and brown are the same thing and Lotus only refer to it as 'Brown' leather in history.

The Bond car according to Andy Graham is 'Brown Leather'

 

6 hours ago, GJones said:

I don’t have a cert but I have been told by many this is tobacco and is lighter than brown, there is a more representative picture below if that helps?

8D436E9A-8142-4D46-BCE5-B88A22BBEE81.jpeg

I think any variation is down to fading. To me this looks the same as the other images we have seen of other brown leather Esprits. Maybe it's a brighter photo here.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It seems that the consensus is that tobacco is brown and brown is brown then. There is a lot of myth and mystique around these early cars, if this conversation has dispelled one of those myths then I think that is a good thing! 
Thanks all. 👍

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, GJones said:

It seems that the consensus is that tobacco is brown and brown is brown then. There is a lot of myth and mystique around these early cars, if this conversation has dispelled one of those myths then I think that is a good thing! 
Thanks all. 👍

Yep this is fun! That’s what we are here for to get to the bottom of this stuff. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hi there I now own MalcomS old car WPC229X now to be known as my car if that's ok Dr Jason Hart (DrJay)

Have made some changes to the car. Has Panasonic roof stereo, 5 stud compomotives and reg is now OPW654V

Full champagne leather interior with custom clocks. If you could update the form that would be great. Is the car

the last dry sump?

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, dr_jayhart said:

Hi there I now own MalcomS old car WPC229X now to be known as my car if that's ok Dr Jason Hart (DrJay)

Have made some changes to the car. Has Panasonic roof stereo, 5 stud compomotives and reg is now OPW654V

Full champagne leather interior with custom clocks. If you could update the form that would be great. Is the car

the last dry sump?

 

All done.

@hopo’s car #1185 is after yours - no others in the database between this car and the first set sump car. We are still missing many though.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 21/01/2020 at 18:40, JNW3 said:

Hi Lex - I own Essex 007 now and happy for you to amend accordingly + the registration plate should read GBO 7W and it's very much back on the road!

IMG_3482.jpg

@Lex Templar Hi Lex - I’m sure you did, but just double checking you saw my post as I didn’t tag you and didn’t get a reply?! 😊👍🏻

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, JNW3 said:

@Lex Templar Hi Lex - I’m sure you did, but just double checking you saw my post as I didn’t tag you and didn’t get a reply?! 😊👍🏻

Hi Jonathan, all done as well, thanks for the plate correction.

Great car, I had a good look at 007 back in 2012 or 2013 when it was on display at the Melbourne GP. Nice for the UK to have this one back as we have taken quite a few others!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Lex Templar said:

Anyone know this one?

was originally red,  now copper fire,

http://www.stockssportscars.co.uk/cars-for-sale/dry-sump-lotus-esprit-turbo-sold

 

Somebody on here bought it. Can't remember who though. Kevin Wheeler?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hi Jonathan

The letter dated 1992 was to Mike Maynard who ran our G car group that met from about that time at the Rainbow and Dove pub in Hastingwood. A few of us still meet up but Mike sold his Essex blue N/A S3 quite a few years ago and lost touch. He was known as "Spotter" by a few including Chris @esprit22.

Very interesting list, thanks for sharing it. I guess Steve @Veilside probably has seen it but it was new to me.    

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...