free hit
counters
Dry Sump Register - Page 30 - Esprit Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
LOTUSMAN33

Dry Sump Register

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Hi 

I am the owner of Vpw941x. I bought it from Matt a few years ago and made a complete Restauration, but keeping everything as it was, even the wheels where one is silver the other 3 gold. Would be interested in the history of the car. Thank you and regards from Austria

Dan

• Like 1

Thanks for coming along Dan and welcome to the forum, please keep us updated on your restoration of 79B, you own a special car 👍🏻
Dave :) 

Do or do not, there is no try! 

Hello Dan .

Nice to have you on here and good to see a fellow Austrian esprit owner on the forums :).

Looking forward to whatever turns up on the history of "Type 79B"

(and of course "Type 79A" as well...).

Georg

10 hours ago, Lotus79b said:

Hi 

I am the owner of Vpw941x. I bought it from Matt a few years ago and made a complete Restauration, but keeping everything as it was, even the wheels where one is silver the other 3 gold. Would be interested in the history of the car. Thank you and regards from Austria

Dan

Yes great to have you on here Dan. Did you see the period photos of your car on the previous page? Are you doing a black lower section on the car?

Yes, great pictures. Yes , thats right i am doing a black lower section. i tried a few colour things, because i wanted the prototype parts that where fitted on the S2.2 to come out a little bit , and i think it looks nice that way , otherwise i kept it as it was. quite interesting what the people who build it wrote on the backside of the parts. i made some pictures, i have to sort them out and then i will post them here. thanks to everybody on this forum. many posts where a good help during the restauration, as this is my  first esprit.

Greetings from Austria Dan

• Like 1

On 07/08/2020 at 13:20, omicron said:

When I'm next at my parents house I'll see if he has any files left on the car which may shed some light on it.      It may be that the files went with the cars when they were sold on.

Here is a photo of VPW941X and I suspect the other car is shown in the background of the second shot, along with an Elan and a Citroen CX Safari.

56F84A54-4AB4-436B-AE1A-588D47DE245B.jpeg

38439936-4387-42C4-A15A-E2267F19042C.jpeg

Hi Omicron

I am the owner of vpw941x and would be interested in as much information as i can get about the car. Regards Dan

• Like 1

Thanks for making the effort @omicron. I love reading about the seemingly haphazard nature of car development and the trials and tribulations of getting new engineering to work. This thread has turned into quite a read. Great complimentary photos @stephenwhyte.

As a youngster I remember the Turbo Essex appearing in a Motor Show brochure and being enthralled by it's ingenuity and stance. Though I prefer the simpler design of the early cars, Lotus Cars really did put a lot of effort in developing the Turbo. Something I fear is sadly lot on today's car enthusiasts.

• Like 2