free hit
counters
Dry Sump Register - Page 34 - Esprit Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

Dry Sump Register

9 minutes ago, stephenwhyte said:

That white ones lovely - any inside pics @Tocus? So is this the one that’s been getting the work done at SJ Sportscars.....or is that another one?

Yes I'm Alexander! 

Very excited for you @Tocusit will be great to see it getting some love.

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 879
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Delighted to say my dry sump PTO 188X mentioned earlier in this thread, has now completed its 15 month mechanical restoration and passed its mot today first time! Now back on the road after a six year

One more day of detailing and its all done

Lotus79B sent a message about VPW and this is what my father replied.    I thought it may interest folk here.

Posted Images

That looks like the one that Allon White reupholstered and was for sale at Paul Matty's about 3 or 4 years ago. I saw it there and personally thought that it was a shame that the interior had been redone that way but it was a lovely looking car. 

• Like 2
1 minute ago, Bazza 907 said:

That looks like the one that Allon White reupholstered and was for sale at Paul Matty's about 3 or 4 years ago. I saw it there and personally thought that it was a shame that the interior had been redone that way but it was a lovely looking car. 

interesting Barrie, I wonder how it found its way to Singapore.

I guess it's nothing Steve Fulcher couldn't fix as it looks like the rest of the car looks good. Front bumper is from the 83 changeover but again easily fixed.

Just in from the shop where work on engine accessory re-engineering is underway and I note the ID of the engine, HD 910 81 08 19675,  is visibly stamped on the block upper surface aft. This lump was recovered from an insurance write-off I happened upon at a local breakers' by chance. I wonder whether any here would be able to cross-reference the engine to its native car, thus adding one more file to the register. The car was LHD Export, black exterior with black interior as best I recall.

Cheers

For me, the best dry sump picture of all time- would love the digital version.

Chassis 0928, a road going Bond spec white/brown car and 1 of 3 that year.

Sadly 0928 perished in c. 1985.

I think the comps look great here even with no white lettering on the tires.

928.jpg

• Like 1

so only 2 bond cars left in the world, the one from @Lex Templar and my car,

the wheels will be soon rebuild, engine is back in the car,

now she is almost ready for selling, its allready on classifields but if you are interested,

i am open for offers (nearby my asking price, no silly offers please...) and do you want some more info about the car, please send me a private message,

its 10982 chassis number the last full james bond Spec car ever build ....