free hit
counters
Crashed my v6 spare parts for mend how long with lotus any ideas ? - V6 Exige Chat - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Crashed my v6 spare parts for mend how long with lotus any ideas ?

Gavin mckenzie

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Sounds like front end damage, how bad is it? Could it be repaired?

If you are in need a new clam then I'm afraid to say you will be waiting a while...

A friend of mine is still waiting for a clam expectation set had been two months wait.

If you're open to alternative options such as replica clams then Jon Seal has clams at half the price and with near immediate availability.

The front has some sensitive equipment just behind the clam such as radiator, oil coolers, AC etc so you may want to check non of that's been damaged.

www.alias23.com

Hi Gavin.

Sorry to see the car damaged.

Parts from Lotus is a bit hit and miss. Clamshells in particular are taking a while to trickle through, though fronts seem to be a bit quicker than rears.

As @alias23 says, check carefully behind for any damage to rads, ducts, crashbox, etc.

Most things are repairable, if you can find someone who is good at it.

Dave

As you're in Mallorca it might be worth having a chat with a few of the superyacht composite companies about repairs? (assuming a new clamshell from Lotus will take an age to source)

We've used BMC Composites in Palma for a few jobs and been very happy with their work.

Edited by swanny71