free hit
counters
Wanted S2 or S3 rear end. - Wanted - The Lotus Forums - Lotus Community Partner #ForTheOwners Jump to content

IGNORED

Wanted S2 or S3 rear end.

silverfrost

Hi Guys 

As the title says i am after a complete rear end body section. 

As my s2 has been built as a turbo with a used race car rear end I am after an S2 or S3.

No major rush for this, lotus bits has a complete shell but I want to stick to my original project plans and do not want to hack up a good shell as its his last one.

So If any one knows of one I would appreciate it. 

Regards Danny

A

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Cheers Barry,  Yes had a look on fleabay, but all the rear ends are stevens esprits.

Due to the way i clamshelled the car I need more also than what the repair sections offer.

Really need an early shell that has had the front end mashed in so I can go surgical with the grinder !

Red S3 from Douglas valley would do but I don't think he would let me chop it up, may be a last resort to buy the lot though if the price is right but going of his prices I don't think he haggles, but you never know :)

Cheers Barry much appreciated 

A

I was of the impression TLF owned the original mounds of the g cars as the Stevens was the first Esprit to be produced with the VARI system.  In theory a new body could be produced.  Maybe I'm wrong?

• Like 1

Dan

Have you tried Nick Warren? I bought an Esprit from him many years ago and he had Esprit stuff everywhere in our buildings and outside. You can get his number from eBay as he is selling the yellow Turbo for £6k and also selling the white G Turbo along with the damaged green S4.

Dave :) 

• Like 1

Do or do not, there is no try! 

Cheers Barry and Dave.

Dave yes i know Nick had my silver S3 of him well over 12 years ago when you could buy a running G car as a rolling resto for 2k B-)

Have had plenty of stuff off Nick over the years and it has always been a pleasant experience as have many others on here.

Sadly Nicks stock has long disappeared along with the all the rest of the G car projects on eBay.

Had not seen the white G car but he mainly has damaged stevens for sale now I.e the ones that Barry kindly linked, he did have a green V8 on monoblocs but it may of gone now.

I am currently trying to find the fire damaged yellow S2 that was at Douglas valley a few years ago.

Cheers for the replies guys much appreciated.

Regards Dan

• Like 1

A

No worries Dan, I guess you have tried Pete at PNM and Mike at lotusbits? Good luck with Steve Strange at DV, he used to be cheap and offered me a complete running red S2 once which had turned over so had minor roof and pillar damage for £2k, seems those days have passed with now crazy prices.

DV had this for sale;

https://www.ebay.co.uk/ulk/itm/291970821037 

Not sure link will work but a complete S3 HC shell with chassis for £906! 

Dave :) 

Do or do not, there is no try! 

Sadly yes those days have long since gone Dave :cry: Think some time after 2010 Esprit prices started creeping....

Lotusbits is struggling to get cars to break now, and if they do get hold of them most are to good to break so they restore or sell on.

Mike has one S3 shell left but its in good order and too good to cut up.

Will try pnm 

Regarding DV yes his prices are high, but its more a case that he would probably not let me cut the car up and if i bought the whole car even if i got it cheaper, the car has no parts left on it to be of any use to me or even sell on. And i would be left with more junk to store as i cant just bin esprit stuff !  I  have an esprit addction and openly admit it lol especially for beat up esprit s hence why im seeking the yellow one also :)

• Like 1

A

Pnm don't have one but call Mick at Boss Motors Snetterton  he has. Matt 

Let me know If you have a S1 esprit for sale 🙂

I have an early S3 shell 1981 we have already used the roof so it's no good as a shell anymore. I would cut the back end off to your requirements. I am away at the moment but back to work on 3rd January. Give me a call at Stocks Coachworks 01245 248143 on my return 

cheers

Mark