free hit
counters
Rick Parfitt Dies - General Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

Rick Parfitt Dies

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I once saw Quo at Wembley, I think it was in 1974. Whatever, it was billed as their 13th anniversary for some strange reason. The claim to fame - my ticket was Block A, Row 1, Seat 1. First one sold!

Shame, you'd have loved it!

Went to see the 'End of the Road' tour in 1982, at the Gaumont in Ipswich. it was a bloody good night if I remember correctly and as said before Rick and Francis were great FUN. However, for

Posted Images

Yes very sad, I always look at the old rock legends though and think if they go in their late 60s they have done well to of cheated death in by living through those crazy sex,drugs and rock and roll years.

I am not saying all bands of that era or band members took drugs or lived the crazy life, but many used to live on Columbian marching powder and jack dees.

May he rest in peace and cheers for the music. :cry:

A

Certainly lived ife to the full. Weirdly, my dad is in hospital having had a quadruple bypass 2 days ago. When he was diagnosed a couple of weeks back I told him Parfitt had the same op in 1997 and was touring again within a couple of months and was still going strong, so not to worry...

Nice little obituary -

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-38427459

I was lucky enough to see the original lineup with Rick again two years ago, and I've seen them on numerous occasions such nice the early 70's. They never failed to put on a great show, but nothing lasts for ever, Rick included. Like Malcolm Young, one of the best rhythm guitarists ever. RIP.

Margate Exotics.

Very sad news. Spent my youth listening to tapes of their albums whilst cycling to college and eventually managed to see them live a number of years ago - absolutely brilliant. He definitely seemed to get the most out of life.

RIP Rick :(. Spent my early years listening to 12 Gold Bars.  And watched them at live at Silverstone Classic 2015.  They were bloody good and tightest band I've ever seen.

Was up the front and took these pics:

IMG_2562_zpszubd73wo.jpg

Time to dig out the live album recorded at the Glasgow Apollo, 1976. I was there and it was absolutely awesome. The vinyl double album takes pride of place in my analogue collection. A lot 'heavier' than the later years but that didn't stop me seeing them probably a dozen times over the years.

Most memorable was my daughter's 'right of passage' when they were 6 and 8. Quo live at Wembley. For years afterwards Live Alive Quo was my youngest's favourite CD in the car. Not that she'd admit it now she is 28 ?

I once saw Quo at Wembley, I think it was in 1974. Whatever, it was billed as their 13th anniversary for some strange reason. The claim to fame - my ticket was Block A, Row 1, Seat 1. First one sold!

I remember Rossi and Parfitt played Gibson's for the first number, but I can't remember which model, probably the Marauder, then they switched back to their Fenders. Must have been some marketing bullshit or other. Pretty Things supported, and it was awesome.

But arguably the best was they headlined Reading in 1977ish. By then they were past their sell-by date, but the crowd was with them all the way, an unforgettable gig.

• Like 1

Margate Exotics.

• Gold FFM
12 minutes ago, ian29gte said:

I once saw Quo at Wembley, I think it was in 1974.

Christ - I wasn't even born !!!

Only here once

Prepare for a tenuous family link. Rick was my Auntie's cousin.

Sad news. I didnt know him but he looked a fun chap.

Never understood why they distanced themselves so much from their roots in the psychedelic era. Pictures of matchstick men is one of my favorite songs.

buddsy 

"Belief is the enemy of knowing" - Crrow777

Very sad news.

First saw the mighty Quo back in 1973 at the Rainbow London and been a fan of the Frantic Four ever since.

I too saw them at Wembley in 1974, but had a seat right near the back, however as the lights went down, I got over every barrier and ended up not far from the front.  Great concert. 

I believe however that Montrose were the support act in 1974 and The Pretty Things in 1975.

RIP Rick and thanks for the music.

• 2 weeks later...

Went to see the 'End of the Road' tour in 1982, at the Gaumont in Ipswich.

it was a bloody good night if I remember correctly and as said before Rick and Francis were great FUN.

However, for years I have been considering asking for a full refund as this was clearly mis-selling on a huge scale.

On this very sad news I will now give up me quest.

RIP Rick.

• Like 1

Is the price for that bit in Yen or £?