free hit
counters
The birth of LotusRescue - Page 4 - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

No front spoiler is not standard, looks like the owner modded the old glass one or made a new one :(  Nothing on that car that cant be put back to standard easily though, the rear lourves look they are the ones that are stuck down onto the old tailgate glass also.  

Nice looking car from the looks of it, bar the mods, but its in the right colour to begin with which is a massive bonus, and that engine looks like it has been well looked after :)

A

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well today has been a significant day in my life of involvement with Lotus cars as a long time hobby. As many of you know, over the years I have found a fair few car's in odd locations across the

So. The 2nd major hands on restoration is ongoing for LotusRescue. And this one is for a very important client, so important that I have to make extra sure it is all one 101%. So far, interior complet

Well another step for LousRescue. Sold the little Ford Fusion runabout and managed to bag a half decent TD 5 Phase 2 Discovery for sensible money. New gearbox and transfer box, new clutch and fly

Posted Images

• Gold FFM

yep, agree with the comments and the new owner wants her restored to original with the exception of the bumpers. He wants the UK spec ones. Looking forward to her arrival.

• Gold FFM
14 hours ago, ramjet said:

Hi John,

Maybe it's just me, but I am not much in the look of the lip spoiler on that. Just doesn't look right.

Agreed, it's coming off and going back to original.

• Gold FFM

Well it's been a quiet kind of week with LotusRecue as it's had o take a back seat for a moment. Finally sold my Mini Cooper so been spending time getting her MOT ready, finger crossed she will pass on Thursday and be gone by the weekend. That then means the big ouble garage I managed to get hold of last week can be filled with the Blue Excel and get cracking on her again. Seats out for a good clean, windscreen removed and new one fitted and the exterior given it's first good clean in years. brakes etc have all been done so may even push for an MOT if I find nothing else wrong.

Been dealing with a few issues with the house these last few days as well. Don't you just bloody hate insurance companies. See whay made you unhappy today.

• Gold FFM

Great news John! I know how it feels to have to work in an improvised setting all the time, so I'm real happy for you! :blobfire:

• Like 1

I have made many mistakes in my life. Buying a multiple Lotus is not one of them.

• Gold FFM

Thanks Mike, cracking on with whats to be done. Did you see the S3 advertised at the weekend. Strong money, advertised at just over 16k but would have been ok if you could have picked her up for about 15.5 K, especially with all the work that had been done.

• Gold FFM

Cheer's Dan, yep she's home and running fine. Dont like the great big chunky tires though so will look for some replacements soon as it makes a huge difference to the driving and handling experience. Might add a pic later with a little addition on her.

• Gold FFM

Quick pic of the lotusRescue workhorse. With a bit of an addition. I recon that would look smart on a wheel cover, but would probably get stolen.

resize disco2 - Copy.jpg

• Like 2
  • Gold FFM

Now that you've put it that way I can see where you are coming from and agree @Andrew C. Maybe change name to a simple Lotus Restorations or Classic Lotus or something.

However, what's in a name, best news of all John is that you are finding, restoring and getting these old beauties back on the road. Nice one.

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

• Gold FFM

OK, so some people seem to think a play on words may be required. So play I did. See what you think of this one, very similar but with more meaning. I want to keep LotusRescue as that is the ethos of what we are doing. So, any of you pc experts who are more adept at this than me, and there will be thousands, unless of course you are under 5 years old. Feel free. Have a play and see what you can come up with. 

1j+ojl1FOMkX9WypfBe43D6kjPWBqBVLmB...JwXs1M3EMoAJtlCgrj...Bu8...jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Gold FFM

I've been mailing with John, he's helping me sell a Triumph Stag and buy another Lotus. He asked me to say hi to you all, as unfortunately he doesn't have access to TLF from his oil rig. He promised to come back and 'annoy us' in 7.5 weeks. :)

• Like 2

I have made many mistakes in my life. Buying a multiple Lotus is not one of them.

Glad to hear John got back on the rigs, fantastic news and very happy for him :)  Good luck with the sale of the stag Filip and you aquire another lotus soon :thumbup:

A

• 1 month later...