free hit
counters
The birth of LotusRescue - Page 13 - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

The birth of LotusRescue

Yes, please. I’d watch it. 🤓

7 hours ago, johnpwalsh said:

Cheers Andy. Just need to find out how to put it together and how to create the You Tube.

You could always try asking @GTK. He’s our resident YouTube megastar. 😎

• Haha 1

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Gold FFM
12 hours ago, johnpwalsh said:

Cheers Andy. Just need to find out how to put it together and how to create the You Tube.

Send a PM to @JayEmm!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

• 1 month later...
  • Gold FFM

So, another busy weekend for LotusRescue and 300 miles covered. Collected a spare engine and gearbox for an early Type 75 Elite. Then across the Highlands to collect an abandoned Elite project. Nice drive up over the Cairn oh Mount (google it, stunning road) loaded said Elite, back to main roads and a bloody puncture on the trailer. Of course, where is the trailer spare carried on the trailer. Yep, on the floor, under the bloody Elite. No chance of getting it out without having to offload the car again on a busy main road. it then dawned on me. No jack or wheel brace so crawled home on 3 good wheels. Lessons learned. As well as extra straps, 2 remotes for the winch and some other  bits and bobs in the storage box. GET A BLOODY JACK AND WHEEL BRACE IN THERE FOR NEXT TIME. Still, the big covered RS3 Shuttle trailer did her job perfectly again and the uprated  electric winch was perfect in pulling the Elite up a fairly steep incline and onto the trailer. So another project saved for someone too take over. And another spare engine available.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

• Gold FFM

Culmination of the busy weekend. Two Type 75 Elite's going off to new homes as running restoration's. So another two saved and an Excel SE. Three gone in three days. I guess I will have to search out a few more now then. or will I get on with some work on the S3 Turbo as the stack of new parts seem to be accumulating in the spare room. :) 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Gold FFM

So more changes at LotusRescue. Things are moving on at a pace. Wendy, the boss say's she see's less of my now I'm supposed to be retired than when I was working lol.

227029080_167879578669876_8544265797970875957_n.jpg

Recovery truck.png

• Like 2

• Gold FFM

Dan (Eclat 22) Fancy taking the Eclat up to a show here next year. We plan on having a few Lotus race cars on show.

All classics from Elites, Eclat's and Europa's.

Hi John, hope your trip to pick up the m100 went well. I could be interested in a trip to Scotland but would have to tow the race car as it's currently not road legal. It would also depend upon when the show is and my work commitments and if I could combine it with a bit of tourism whilst I'm there, my wife has always wanted to go to Scotland.

Let me know when and where and I'll think about it.

Regards Dan

• Gold FFM

That would be great Dan. We would then have a Europa (Scottish Champion) An Elite and maybe your Eclat. I am working on a few others as well. We normally have about 55 cars on the Saturday and rotate some for the Sunday with a few new demonstrators on show on loan. If you were to tow her up. I have plenty secure storage where she can be parked while you tour gods country. P'S. For the Mrs, Woolen mills and castles, for the men folks. LOADS of distilleries. This particular show is on 9/10 July next year and is held at Glamis Castle. Former home of he late Queen mother. Stunning place. Plenty of wives in our group, so she wont be left out. Oh and shopping. Got to keep them happy. Of course we also have the obligatory night out on the Saturday. :)

Hi John, the show sounds great, but I have a feeling those dates won't work for us as I believe that is possibly still during school time, my wife works in a school and is only able to have time off during the school holidays. I won't write it off just yet as it is possible that she won't be working in a school next year. Your offer of secure storage to enable us to tour a lot easier is much appreciated.

Thanks again

Regards Dan

• Gold FFM

No problem Dan. The offer will stand anyway, and if things change, you know how to get hold of me. Is old 22 not racing this season then.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Gold FFM

Well since the last update we have had the following. The dry sump has gone to a new home and an early Eclat has taken her place in line for restoration. Nice motor that requires very little work. Another addition is I have just bought another Elan M100 SE N/A. This will be the 3rd M100 to come through LotusRescue. This one again was purchased as a none running project where the garage where she came from said they had spent far  too much time on it trying to get it running. It was running when it came in as a part ex. So me being me thought, cant be too much wrong can there. A deal was made sight unseen and only going by the garage description. 900 mile round trip and she was home. So first things first. Check battery, dead, fit new battery and only a click of he starter so suspected solenoid/starter issue. BUT, when the cover was off to reveal the battery I noticed the emergency fuel solenoid valve had popped. At this point the car was still on the trailer. So pulled out the ramps to offload it with assistance of a friend pushing. Ignition on and in reverse a jump start was attempted with no thoughts of it being possible it would start. Shocked. Within the length of the ramps she started. The garage did say that their mechanics hadn't a clue what they were doing. So they had replaced the battery, new fuel injectors, new brakes all round including calipers and hand brake cables in preparation for a new MOT. That was when the no starting issue came about. Little bit of luck with me noticing the button on the fuel valve, so now she will get a full service and a check over then go for an MOT ready for moving her on.

Lotus M100. The most underrated car Lotus ever built.

Score = M100 Result.

Forgot to add. While on our way back up the A1M/M1, my trailer decided it wanted to throw off a brake drum. Complete with newly fitted new wheel and tyre. Obviously this caused a little bit of an issue as the wheel wasn't seen coming off. Nobody flashed or tooted horns to warn me, and there was no indication of anything wrong by the trailer singing about at 60+ mph. Did my usual checks at the next stop to find it missing. End result. Trailer recovered by the AA. One replacement wheel, bearing's and hub nut at £230. Ouch. Anyone sees a nice new hub assembly complete with tyre somewhere on the A1M/M1. Give me a shout :(

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, johnpwalsh said:

Another addition is I have just bought another Elan M100 SE N/A.

Its a great story John and, trailer aside, a great result.

...But the pedant in me cant let the name go unchallenged.  AFAIK the M100 comes in three forms in the UK: From the first series the N/A (which is what it says on the can) and the SE which was the turbo version.  Then the 800 S2s (all turbos) followed in 1994 after a brief hiatus while Bertoli bought the company and found the spare engines.  So either an NA or an SE but not both I think.  (For completeness there was also the Federal car for North America with many differences and some less significant differences on cars for other markets).  

(As usual I may just be regurgitating overheard pub experts who know even less than me, so stand ready to be corrected!)

• Like 1

Loving Lionel and Eleanor......missing Charlie and Sonny

1 hour ago, johnpwalsh said:

This will be the 3rd M100 to come through LotusRescue. This one again was purchased as a none running project where the garage where she came from said they had spent far  too much time on it trying to get it running

Think I saw that one on ebay up near Newark?

• Like 1

• Gold FFM
1 hour ago, exeterjeep said:

Over to Barry  @Barrykearley

Oh yes please. If somebody can pay for it for me. Currently 8 cars (I think) in the stable for work.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...