free hit
counters
The birth of LotusRescue - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
johnpwalsh

The birth of LotusRescue

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

I think this is a great idea and venture,

theres no better person i know than your good self to take on such a task and just shows your true love and respect for the lotus marque.

theres nothing better than seeing cars rescued and put back on the road, I think it's a great idea of combining business and what started off as a hobby, and when all said and done if nothing else will have some great cars back on the road which would have just rotted away then ultimately death by the big crusher 

hope it goes from strength to strength in the new year ????

• Like 1

Superb idea, good luck with the new venture, and looking forward to lots of interesting posts over the next few months as things progress

• Like 1

I can't comment on whether it will work in today's climate as I just am not knowledgeable enough but probably if you also consider some other carefully chosen marques then probably you have every chance. 

Whatever I absolutely wish you very best of luck.

• Like 1

:animier: massive encouragement from me @johnpwalsh

course it's viable.... it's all down to price/costs and it's a great time to start up. I'm sure you can get the balance right

looking forward to seeing the positive developments on this one ?

• Like 1

Well we will see how much the sphincter muscle twitches over the next few months, but so far nothing but positive comments and 1 inquiry for a possible project. And again, all due to a fellow TLF man, this forum, as I have said before, never fails to amaze me.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, PhilW said:

I can't comment on whether it will work in today's climate as I just am not knowledgeable enough but probably if you also consider some other carefully chosen marques then probably you have every chance. 

Whatever I absolutely wish you very best of luck.

Hi Phil and thanks for your comments. Other marques are being considered as it might be detrimental to cut your own feet as it were but as for search and find it will be mainly focused on Lotus. Whenever we find something of interest we will post it as someone may want to take it on but dont want to turn into another barn find type thing as you can see on FB for example.

• Like 1

John

All the best with this exciting venture, I am really looking forward like most in seeing you make a great success out of it.

Dave :) 

• Like 1

As above John ....Great idea good luck I am sure you will make it work.Mike

• Like 1

You're Scottish aren't you John?

So S is for Save now?

All the best for it and hope it all goes really well.

• Like 1

Great idea John. I was only speaking to a fellow TLF'er earlier today who has an Esprit and now wants another one as a project. 

That seems to be a very common thing on this forum. None of us are happy with one car. 

Keep up the good hunting. Always keen to hear of what you have found. 

• Like 1

Some really unique cars may come out of this.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Stuart Monument said:

Great idea John. I was only speaking to a fellow TLF'er earlier today who has an Esprit and now wants another one as a project. 

That seems to be a very common thing on this forum. None of us are happy with one car. 

Keep up the good hunting. Always keen to hear of what you have found. 

First on the list for the next one Stuart. Fingers crossed all goes well for you over the next few days. we will be thinking of you and the family.

10 hours ago, ramjet said:

Some really unique cars may come out of this.

hi Micheal. All the best to you and Liz for Christmas and hope you have a fantastic new year with the new career. Already have wind of a few crackers including an original Lotus 7 said to be one of the first built. I now know it's location, so the digging starts but I recon it wont a be cheap.

• Like 1

Hi John. G car NA s3 for me please .i love the na s3s....Should of kept my last one 87 hc.needed restoring.I thought you could go into a car project job business.Glad you are ....Good on you  Mike

Looks like S3 N/A's are becoming favorite cars for now , while previously everyone wanted a Turbo. The G car's are certainly looking favorite for now. I know of one Stephens and one G turbo and a couple of early Elites, condition unknown at the moment as I have to get a good look at them but what I have seen they certainly look worth saving. One in Red and one in Brown. Also an Elite shell on a half decent chassis and a separate shell in Blue/Silver, an Eclat in Yellow with a second early Eclat that would be a very good source of spares as it's complete but in a bit of a mess, again in Yellow.

All Right John Any esprit considered lol....I think  They made approx 750 na s3s I will take anyone of them .Mike

• Like 2

Fantastic news John  :)

Wish you all the luck in the world and could not think of anyone better to do it. 

I am sure it will do well as its a great idea and done by a true lotus enthusiast :clap:

It will be like a big treasure hunt with pictures and updates to boot.

Will make a fantastic thread on the forums also !

Awesome news coold not be more happier for you mate :)

Best of luck with your new venture John. I think there will be a place in the market for you, the hardest part of purchasing a Lotus is finding one in the first place.:)

Given your enthusiasm for all things Lotus I am sure you will make a success of this.

Merry Christmas and all the best for the future.

Andy

Thanks Andy. Coming from someone who has already purchased one of my finds, that means a lot in many way's as it also says that you are happy with the Excel I found for you. Still cant believe that absolutely stunning spot you found to build your home on the banks of Loch Ness. It must be one of the best delivery addresses Wendy and I have ever been to, and one of the few we were in a hurry to come back from. I hope the wife wasn't to shocked to come home and find another Lotus parked in the drive. And if you ever want to move the S2, you know where to come too.

All the best to you and the family for Christmas and a Happy and Prosperous New Year. imageproxy.php?img=&key=f91d8068176956b1

Hi John great to hear you're getting into this, makes a lot of sense.

If you hear of a S1, S2 or S2.2 give me a shout :)

• Like 1

Great news, John. Tocus seems to do well restoring Lotus in the Netherlands. A note of caution, though, we had another member who, some time ago, did a great job of restoring his Esprit.  Buoyed by this, he set up a restoration business and several members entrusted their cars with him. However, he took in too many cars and couldn't cope so remember to pace yourself. Do that, enjoy it and, I'm sure, success will come.

• Like 1

This sounds like an awesome new venture, very best of luck.